The World God Only Knows

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
TWGOK discussion and speculation.

I recently got caught up with the latest chapter so I thought I'd make a thread. Please join in if you're reading it too because I don't want to be talking to myself in this thread.

So we're up to chapter 140 and it seems Keima has chosen Yui as his next target for finding the next Goddess. Personally, I think Yui's personality change has nothing to do with a Goddess being inside her. It seems more likely that there are after effects of the body swap and her love for Keima has been imprinted on her, rather than arisen as a result of recovering memories. The fact that she doesn't have a halo at the moments she's hitting on Keima and that Keima is showing a more feminine side support this. I think this personality change is also a ruse to throw us off. It's far too obvious.

Shiori having a Goddess is inevitable; Chihiro and Ayumi both feel the same way towards Keima so it stands to reason that they both have the remaining two Goddesses.

I actually got into the manga because of the anime. Didn't take me very long to get caught up either!

Please do give it a read. I want someone to discuss it with and it's a great romantic comedy.

I don't think Elsie's sister is all that important right now in the anime. She'll probably have a big role to play much later on. Wakaki likes to leave subtle hints to future events throughout the manga which are only noticeable in hindsight. That's something I like about the manga. It makes you want to go back and look for things you will have "missed". If you catch up to where the manga is right now and reread some chapters you'll see these subtle hints.

How far are you with the manga?

Finally, chapter 141 is out. Golden Week was torturous.

So it seems Yui is confirmed to have a goddess. Looks like I was wrong. Oh well. I'm fine with it. It will make for an interesting few weeks since Keima has to dress as a trap to appeal to Yui. Not to mention Shiori seemingly witnessing Keima dressing up as a trap has just made things possibly more complicated but very interesting and exciting.

If your interest is "weaning", then why are you continuing? I don't get why people read things they don't like. It makes no sense. If I begin to lose interest, I drop it.

So in chapter 142 Yui has interacted with her goddess, who has revealed herself to be Mars. Having Shiori going B-B-B-BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD was a bit of a stretch. Anyway, it seems like like they'll co-operate fine. However, she has already been discovered by Vintage. I just hope Keima is ready for another assassination attempt.

I still say Shiori has a goddess. Chihiro and Ayumi are the two that are hard to debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got burnt out on TWGOK for a little while around chapter 120, but I caught up again this week and I'm really glad I did. While I thought the current arc was beginning to drag, the last few chapters have been completely golden. I didn't really like Yui's arc the first time round, but her reappearance (and Keima's reaction to it) has been absolutely hilarious and I think 'true' Yui is now my favourite girl in the series.

As a side note, it was a throwaway line, but I really burst out laughing at Keima's casual dismissal of Fiore as "A clumsy moe girl" too.

The anime is a fine adaptation, but I honestly think the gags just seem funnier in the manga.

I rather liked Yui's arc. It wasn't a favourite of mine but it did a lot of things rather different from the usual conquests. Seeing Keima contemplating being conquered or to do the conquering as a girl was good for making Keima think outside the box and providing fresh perspective. I also found his addiction to otome games and lingering feminine side rather funny. She is most certainly likeable but I wouldn't rank her as one of my favourites (who happen to be Ayumi, Haqua and Kanon in no particular order).

I have to say Chihiro's arc has been the best arc by far in the anime. They've captured the feeling of the whole arc very well. Looks like it'll finish this week and we'll be going onto Haqua's report in the next episode. I really hope they animate "that" part of the doll demonstration of the incident from when Haqua was about.

As for the latest developments, I kind of agree that things have been proceeding slowly, but with Mars now awake things are going to speed up. I don't think Wakaki is one for dragging things out since he has paranoia about cancellation.

Edit: Wakaki wants to do a 3rd and 4th season for the anime.

Chapter 143 is out. Keima's plan was a success. Let's hope Mars can help revive Kanon now. Of course, things won't be that easy and I expect Vintage will interfere.

My Saturdays have gotten better. I only found out about the new release day yesterday.

Seeing Keima getting physically exhausted makes me wonder if he'll ever suffer from mental fatigue. There's a lot of pressure on him to find the goddesses, capture the Weiss and basically save the world.

Professor Irony said:
the tsundere scouter is over a certain number.
No complaints here on that front. :D

Chapter 145 is upon us and the focus has shifted to Shiori.

The entire thing has been pretty much Shiori doing some inner monologue (shocking, I know) about how much of a weirdo Keima is for cross dressing. We already have a glimpse of her goddess, but the nature of how she sees the goddess is strange. Also, more trap Keima.

Finally, chapter 146 is out. Some people think not much happened in this chapter but Keima is actually subtlely moving things along. Using his crossdressing as a catalyst he's getting Shiori thinking about him lots, which is the key point. He's using it as a means to find her confidence to write a novel too. I don't think this arc will last long.

147's up. Not exactly action packed, but I think having more of Shiori's inner monologue than usual has helped flesh her out as a character. Also: accidental sci-fi :)

She certainly needs the fleshing out. As cute as she is, she is a little dull. This chapter gave me a better impression of her though.

Also, the goddess (presumably Minerva) actually being outside of Shiori's body is a puzzler.

Yeah... My enthusiasm is undiminished, but that chapter was kinda dull. Only vaguely interesting things were seeing Shiori's vision of "Kasharagi" talking to her and the hilariously unsubtle foreshadowing with Haqua ("Gee, I hope nothing happens while you're away!").

Keima is so screwed when it does happen, unless Minerva miraculously already has enough power to rectify whatever event happens while Haqua is away.

Back