The Valkyria Chronicles Thread

Ryo Chan said:
i see hasn't mentioned the fact that last night he popped cherry :(

inuendos amass
My post - My post - My post - My post - My post - My post - My post - My post - My post....

I could of done it better, damn it!

But yeah... I had the Rosie/Cherry duo (with Dallas in support) go through the back entry of the Showdown at Naggiar (1) final base. Killed all the troops inside with mortars and shock troopers. I thought I hid my team behind the tents at the back, but the damn tank saw then anyways after moving.
1 Mortar took out the team from the big f-ing tank.

And it was in that same turn that they got reinforcements, who caught 2 easy kills by walking up to Rosie and Cherry. (Although Rosie can only retreat, she's too important!)
Buh-bye Cherry... They were my best team!

Completed this and the addons ages ago.. just a shame that 2 is going to be a school game on the PSP... I had hoped a prequal in EW1.

From early promotional materials, it looks like VC2 is set in a school to begin with, or the characters at least attend school.

Its set two years after the first game...

Just found this on youtube...
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OITEFCfTHw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OITEFCfTHw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Well, past Marberry Shore and re-take Bruhl missions. No casualties yet except Isara. ;_; Marberry was easier than I was expecting.

This one with all the trenches and bunkers is a bit of a pain though. I think I'll try it just with eight scouts for maximum movement each turn. Anyone slow gets gunned down in no-man's land if you haven't taken out the machine gun nests. And by that time you'd waste several turns getting them across while your scouts wait.

That named bastard behind the bunker on the left is giving me the most trouble. Juno threw a grenade at him to destroy his hiding place, Wendy came in from the other side and attempted to spray him with bullets... He ducked. ****, he'll kill Juno if I don't take him out this turn. Wendy again. He ducks. Wendy again, grenade this time. Still not dead. Wendy again. He ducks. End of turn. Juno dies. Wendy dies.

Load game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enemy Aces are bastards like that when it comes to dodging. Only real tip I can give you it that the left side of the map is completely optional; you need only focus on the right for level completion.

That & using Lancers to take out the gatling bunkers.

Also, when you capture the first target base, make sure you have at least two command points remaining after capturing the base. When you do so you will understand why.

Mutsumi said:
Enemy Aces are bastards like that when it comes to dodging. Only real tip I can give you it that the left side of the map is completely optional; you need only focus on the right for level completion.

That & using Lancers to take out the gatling bunkers.
Nah, I just leg the scouts over and lob grenades into the generators behind. Lancers just seem like dead weight on this mission (sod engineers all those erectable barricades, two turns can have all your scouts at the other side).

I could leave him alone, but I like to utterly purge the map of enemy forces. Like in the Total War games. "You are victorious! End the battle? Or hunt down the fleeing enemy forces?" :twisted:

This is the best game I've played in ages. It's so good, in fact, that I'm limiting myself to one story mission per day. As of chapter 6 there's nothing that's caused me too many problems, but since I lack tactical nous (my favoured tactic in SRPGs is to power level until the enemy is simply unable to inflict any significant damage then cackle maniacally as I bulldoze my way through their ranks) it takes me a while to finish battles.

Unfortunately the ranking system doesn't seem to take anything other than completion time into account when presenting me with yet another embarassing D (accompanied, in my head at least, by a derisory laugh), despite having 10 of my allotted 20 days remaining. Even with my tactical ineptitude I get mostly A and S rankings on Advance Wars, fer Christ sakes!

But yeah, it's great.

Yeah, tough to really work out exactly what it will be, the year in the URL is the same as the first game's setting of course, but that could just be the general "code" for the series.

Still, not long to go until TGS and some confirmation one way or the other!

/should really get back to actually playing this game rather than just collecting stuff to do with it

Back