The Steam Thread

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
I was thinking, since we have PSN and Xbox Live threads, why don't we have a Steam thread? I think it would be useful in alerting people about deals and offers, as well as giving our account names, and maybe chatting about games on Steam too.

AUKN Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aukn

Steam IDs

Aogu - lje_0909
Arbalest - angelarbalest
CloudedMinds - cloudedvision
Godot - Spyro201
hopeful_monster - Hopeful_monster
ilmaestro - straydogrenji
Jayme - jaymiii
Jonboy87 - jonathman
Kirrimir - Kirrimir
kupocake - kupocake
Maxon - maxontreik
McIcy - McIcy
Paradox295 - Paradox295
Reaper gI - Reaper_gI
RivaOni - RivaOni
Stuart-says-yes - stuartsaysyes
Voddas - Voddas

I'll update the accounts list periodically or if this gets stickied maybe one of the mod squad will.

My current games library is rather small, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Fallout: New Vegas
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Half Life 2: Lost Coast
Left 4 Dead
Portal
Team Fortress 2

My Steam ID is something like straydogrenji, can't remember if there's spaces or underscores or something in there.

My Steam library is a decent size as I bought tons of stuff during their summer sale, but my Steam "have actually played at all" library goes about five strong.

Spyro201

Left 4 Dead 2
Plain Sight
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Company of Heroes

That's it for Multiplayer. I have other single player stuff though too.

Edit: Btw, Ilmae, I just checked my friends list and you are straydogrenji with nothing added :)

Just recently invested in Steam properly, but i don't have anything in the ways of multiplayer games just yet. Anywho:

Steam ID: angelarbalest

Games so far:
Fallout: New Vegas
Plants vs Zombies GotY Edition

Yeah, i have a couple other games which are catching my eye, one being Nation Red, which is yet another zombie game, but damn does it look fun. I shall see what prices are like, i have a couple other bits to invest in first of all though.

You say s SteamId, mine is STEAM_0:1:17625120
but everyone is posting there profile login or id/ ending. In which case mine are lje_0909 and *|PEZ|* Aogu

I have:
TF2
CSS
HL2 +ep1 +ep2 +lc +dm
Empire Total War
Mafia 2
Gmod
l4d2
Alienswarm
Audiosurf
Day of defeat
Fallout 3 GOTY
Half life:Blue Shift
Half Life: Opposing Force
I-Fluid
Mafia
Portal
Civ4 +expansions

:D

Aogu said:
You say s SteamId, mine is STEAM_0:1:17625120
but everyone is posting there profile login or id/ ending. In which case mine are lje_0909 and *|PEZ|* Aogu
Well it's not going to do much good if people post a name that can be changed at any time and isn't used by Steam to identify people, now is it? Of course, publically posting your email is asking for trouble too. Everyone knows what I mean so stop being pedantic.

My steam name is Kirrimir (very imaginative, i know.)

steamgaems.png

Maxon said:
Aogu said:
You say SteamId, mine is STEAM_0:1:17625120
Well it's not going to do much good if people post a name that can be changed at any time and isn't used by Steam to identify people, now is it? Of course, publically posting your email is asking for trouble too. Everyone knows what I mean so stop being pedantic.

What I'm saying is that no one else actually posted their steam id! Just their logon or name! The actual steam id is STEAM_0:1:xxxxxxxx" it doesn't change and it's what steam uses to actually identify people!
If people want to find their actual steamId they can find it here:
http://steamidfinder.com/

EDIT:And for the record, I usually am a pedant- sorry.

Do you need my account name or my username? I just made my account "official" (i've had one hanging around for a while) and am navigating this stuff for the first time, so... yeah.

Portal is downloading, cos I got that for free that one time.

Jayme said:
Do you need my account name or my username? I just made my account "official" (i've had one hanging around for a while) and am navigating this stuff for the first time, so... yeah.

Portal is downloading, cos I got that for free that one time.
Your account name (the one you use to sign in).
Kirrimir said:
Have you played much of Amnesia? I watched Mangaminx play it and it seemed pretty good.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Also if your looking for suggestions try Psychonauts, its one of the best games I've played on the Xbox, and steam has it for 6 quid.
I actually had Psychonauts on PS2 but I ended up selling it due to money problems. I'll probably pick it up again for PS2.

Then, some idiot took "jaymii" so in a genius move that would even amaze Steve Jobs, I added an extra "i" which brings my name to a brilliant "jaymiii".

*sigh*

Add away. :)

Maxon said:
Have you played much of Amnesia? I watched Mangaminx play it and it seemed pretty good.

Yea i played about... 1 hour of it maybe and got too scared to continue. sup

It's so atmospheric, pure brilliance in horror games.

Steam one of the best and worst ways to game, love the easy updating but when they run an update or server repairs the whole system goes down

Also I got Fallout New Vegas a day early and Steam was locked so you couldn't even install it until the actual release date which kinda kills the reason for me pre-ordering it

McIcy said:
Steam one of the best and worst ways to game, love the easy updating but when they run an update or server repairs the whole system goes down

Also I got Fallout New Vegas a day early and Steam was locked so you couldn't even install it until the actual release date which kinda kills the reason for me pre-ordering it
If it didn't that would kill the reason for it having an enforced release date.

Pre-downloads for things pre-release are just that, means you already have it downloaded so you can play it when it gets released, instead of starting the download then. It gets you it a few hours earlier.

The forcing you to update your comp properly is awsome, if a little annoying at times. Having a game cease to function because your sound card is 20 minutes out of date is a little surprising the first time.

Reaper gI said:
McIcy said:

If it didn't that would kill the reason for it having an enforced release date.
And it's the enforced release dates that suck.

Steam username - cloudedvision

List of games

CounterStrike Source
Crysis
Dark Messiah Might and Magic
Dirt
Dirt 2
Flatout 2
FM09-11
Grid
GTR Evoltion
Half Life 2 + Epi 1 & 2 + DM