The retro gaming thread

Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
golden axe

**** YES

I love GA!!

Golden Axe ftw! Didn't like the sequels so much though ¬_¬

They took away the awesome axe-thud sound - that's my only reason XD

Streets of Rage is another favourite of mine, I've only played the original myself but seen gameplay of the second on a Let's Play and it looked pretty good.

Gameboy count as retro? - the original chunky grey one?
If so, did anyone here play "Rescue of Princess Blobette"? I've yet to find someone who has ;O

Conan-san said:
I'm still surpised about how much of a jump Super Mario Land 2 is to Land 1. Land 1 is a bit, eh, low fi for my liking.
Though to be fair, there were several years between the two games. 6 Golden Coins was the last 2D Platformer Mario appeared in until New Super Mario Bros, IIRC. It's a very good one at that.

C64 has some great games from the past...

How about C.R.E.A.T.U.R.E.S.? I have that installed too..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6EWKPhQLzUQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6EWKPhQLzUQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Some of you old timers may remember this, I certainly did and I googled it to confirm my memory.

Yie Ar Kung Fu - Ring a bell to anyone here? My greatest opponent which I could never best was Pole. That man oozed with fetid cheese attacks. Once he entraps you with his all out cheesyness assault game over

I vaguely remember playing it on the Spectrum, but definately played on the C64.

Do we have any old worn out veteran gamers who remember this game? :p

===============================================

Saturn-
Guardian Heroes - I wish they would bring this out again.
Loaded, Killer Instinct (heh), Samurai Shodown (another classic), Virtual On and Virtual Fighter

*sigh* If I only I could go back in time to relive those SEGA and early Nintendo days.

Amiga-
Ninja Spirit, Speedball 2, Armageddon, Silk Worm, Kick Off - to name a few great games

kupoartist said:
Conan-san said:
I'm still surpised about how much of a jump Super Mario Land 2 is to Land 1. Land 1 is a bit, eh, low fi for my liking.
Though to be fair, there were several years between the two games. 6 Golden Coins was the last 2D Platformer Mario appeared in until New Super Mario Bros, IIRC. It's a very good one at that.
Um, what about Yoshi's Island?

Conan-san said:
kupoartist said:
Conan-san said:
Um, what about Yoshi's Island?

Yoshi's Island wasn't really a traditional Mario Platformer, and was only labelled as SMW2 outside of Japan, I believe.

Back