The retro gaming thread

Hmm what have i been enjoying recently? Hmm Mayhem in monsterland on my PPC C64 emu... FF7 with Mods on my HTPC and Diablo 2 and Hardwar on my main rig. Oh and Road rash on my PSP :)

I have games where ever i am...

Hokum said:
Hmm what have i been enjoying recently? Hmm Mayhem in monsterland on my PPC C64 emu... FF7 with Mods on my HTPC and Diablo 2 and Hardwar on my main rig. Oh and Road rash on my PSP :)

Rayman and bleach on my psp :p

Tachi- said:
Hokum said:

Bleach isn't retro :p first Rayman is though

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
Hokum said:

Bleach isn't retro :p first Rayman is though

I know....was just saying i have it to play on the go lol

Kurogane said:
...I would NOT consider the PS1 retro by the way, unless your age is less then the amount of toes you possess.
What if we used retro as in "You can't buy a brand new one" for consoles? I say that because the playstation is 14 years old! It had a very long life, but I think it's fair to say it's retro. I remember some classic rock station saying that if a song is 5 yo, it's already good enough to be played as classic rock....

chaos said:
what is vagrant story like?
In gameplay terms, it's a lot like a slightly less refined Final Fantasy XII without the robotic ally characters. Story wise, it's a lot darker, closer to the original Final Fantasy Tactics in tone, though a lot smaller scale. So wait, perhaps not like Tactics at all... Graphically it's like they took the essence of Tactics into a XII style 3D engine. I'm not sure exactly why these particular games are ones I recall when I think of Vagrant Story, but it must help that they have key staff members in common, and supposedly, the setting of Ivalice.

Vagrant Story is a good game, but I've found it is quite easy to lose interest in. Put it on the shelf intending to go back to it many, many years ago...

Conan-san said:
BlackWolf said:
This is Cannon Fodder :p

27_cannon_fodder.JPG
It's also war, and it's never been so much fun.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiYuq6Ac3a0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PiYuq6Ac3a0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun, leave him lying in his uniform dying in the sun... WAR!

Cannon Fodder was brilliant, absolutely bloody awesome... until you had to drive the snowmobile. Then it caused me no end of frustration.

chaos said:
Kurogane said:
...I would NOT consider the PS1 retro by the way, unless your age is less then the amount of toes you possess.
What if we used retro as in "You can't buy a brand new one" for consoles? I say that because the playstation is 14 years old! It had a very long life, but I think it's fair to say it's retro. I remember some classic rock station saying that if a song is 5 yo, it's already good enough to be played as classic rock....

Actually, I don't think they were commerical here until like... 1996?

Anyway, I recall Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon being named a classic, and that's only 7 years old. The criterion is ever changing...

I'll agree to that if you can't buy it, it's retro though. But to myself and the older folks, Megadrive and it's predecessors are placeholders of retro.

Okay you old retro boyz and girlz

Do any of you remember Underwurlde? I have to say it was one of my favourite games on the old Sinclair

Chucky Egg? Everyone should remember Chuckie Egg - Annoying
Paper boy? Every one should know Paper Boy
Jet Set Willy? - Grrrr. Every one think computer rage is new thing. Nah this game pi$$ed me right off in my innocent days of youth.

Remember the gameover music for some the games back then? It wasn't pleasent and it was just not funny. It taunted your efforts sarcastically with ease in it dreary monotony tune. :evil: :cry:

I might be hallucinating here, but I THINK I remember a game where you were a pizza delivery boy, and you had to fire the pizza's into people's doors, windows, and cars? etc without splattering them.

I want to play it.

Kurogane said:
I might be hallucinating here, but I THINK I remember a game where you were a pizza delivery boy, and you had to fire the pizza's into people's doors, windows, and cars? etc without splattering them.

I want to play it.

Paper Boy :)

Daymon Black said:

Do any of you remember Underwurlde? I have to say it was one of my favourite games on the old Sinclair

Jet Set Willy? - Grrrr. Every one think computer rage is new thing. Nah this game pi$$ed me right off in my innocent days of youth.

Remember the gameover music for some the games back then? It wasn't pleasent and it was just not funny. It taunted your efforts sarcastically with ease in it dreary monotony tune. :evil: :cry:

Paper Boy and Jet Set Willy yes (the latter was one of the first Rare games after all) i remember them, i found a case under my bed and there was a lot of spectrum games in there, wonder if any of them are rare...

BlackWolf said:
Daymon Black said:

Paper Boy and Jet Set Willy yes (the latter was one of the first Rare games after all) i remember them, i found a case under my bed and there was a lot of spectrum games in there, wonder if any of them are rare...

Some should be and worth something if you kept it nice and plush.
To be honest I never liked selling what I have bought, particularly with games. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Do you remember a game called Terranigma on the SNES. That is rare game and cost about £70 or so. So people are hunting for this game. I only played it once and just remember what it was all about. The ending made me sad. :)

Sorry I'm going to go abit vague and perhaps you have it and remind if you have the time.
A motorbike game where you had to jump over buses/cars

Jetpack platform game where you can shoot baddies and every now and then a part of your spaceship/rocket appear you have to collect it in order take off

One final game that I could almost describe as a liking to GTA. You drive a car and you get assignment hunt the bad guys in their car >_>. How vague can I get :lol:

Kurogane said:
...I'll agree to that if you can't buy it, it's retro though. But to myself and the older folks, Megadrive and it's predecessors are placeholders of retro.
I've actually had the atari's predecessor, was called telegame and had pong i it. ONLY pong... =P

I know there are more atari's dudes around, come on, don't be shy! =)

chaos said:
Kurogane said:
...I'll agree to that if you can't buy it, it's retro though. But to myself and the older folks, Megadrive and it's predecessors are placeholders of retro.
I've actually had the atari's predecessor, was called telegame and had pong i it. ONLY pong... =P

Yes pong! on the Atari. How bothersome that my brother kept beating.

Anyone had the VIC20?

Anyone remember Gauntlet on the C64?

chaos said:
Kurogane said:

Was that the one where you could put colour overlays on the screen to make it look like more then one game? or am i getting it confused with another one :p

Back