The retro gaming thread

Jayme said:
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - LEGO Indiana is good and all, but the whip of this game was just as awesome.
I've got that on Game Gear...I found it depressingly hard. =/

The train stage was hilarious though...jump over the randomly protruding rhino horns~!

Star Fox
Commando's
Desert Storm
Civilizations
Sim City
Hero Quest

so many more to add

But not forgetting one of my all time favorites

Monkey Island

Kurogane said:
Alex the Kid.
Who didn't play this nearly every day? And also ignore the fact that there is clearly no 'the' in the title :p

Also, we all know which Alex Kidd game you mean, because every single other one was absolute sh**e

I kind of missed out on gaming when I was younger (I had a PS1, but I only used it to play movie tie ins and stuff; Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid are the only games I played back then that are worth remembering now). So I sometimes get a retro PS1 game and play it on my PS2. I played FFVII for the first time in 2005 and FFVIII in 2006. Vagrant Story is probably the rarest game I own and it's ace - I wonder if anyone else here on AUKN has played it?

chaos said:
what is vagrant story like?

Well, it's great! It's very visually accomplished and the music is superb. The story is largely puzzling but enjoyable all the same. The battle system has a huge learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it reveals itself as being fantastic. Well worth checking out, I reckon! :]

Although Vagrant Story was a great game which I played at my friends a few times for a few good hours, PS1 I can't really say is retro tbh.

Lupus Inu said:
Although Vagrant Story was a great game which I played at my friends a few times for a few good hours, PS1 I can't really say is retro tbh.
What you consider retro depends largely on how old you are, though. I have used some particularly old systems like the ZX81 mainly because my dad was into computers, and always had them.

Tachi- said:
loved monkey island!!!! *sighs* oh the good old days of the Amiga

Wow, someone else who actually played it - I vividly remember insult sword fighting and what a pain it was learning all the responses..

Played a lot of amiga games back in day - Chaos Engine was just plain awesome.

Wildcard said:
Tachi- said:

Wow, someone else who actually played it - I vividly remember insult sword fighting and what a pain it was learning all the responses..

OFT Chaos Engine was a great game, anyone remember/play cannon fodder? :p

BlackWolf said:
Wildcard said:
Tachi- said:

OFT Chaos Engine was a great game, anyone remember/play cannon fodder? :p

Haha yeah i remember you had about 20 floppy disks for that whole game lol And thats what you call a game :lol:
sorry black, never played it but i've heard of it. am i right in thinking its your old platform 2 cannons firing on a turn basis trying to aim and fire bullets at each other....

This is Cannon Fodder :p

27_cannon_fodder.JPG

I just played some early Metal Slug.

Is it just me, or are those old videogame effects and sprites just so ******* awesome?

I would NOT consider the PS1 retro by the way, unless your age is less then the amount of toes you possess.

Back