The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

It’s a design by the manga author, that’s what the characters look like in the manga.

Yep, that's the one. It's very cartoony compared to the anime designs but I like it because it stands out more as a result.

RView attachment 17833
Ah, so that is how they look in the manga, thanks for the info and the pics... All I can say is, it's a good thing they redesigned the characters for the anime, as I much prefer the way my waifu Mauve appears in the anime, compared to the manga:

EsG28FLVEAAMAdr.jpg:small

@ayase - I definitely recommend you check out the anime, I really enjoyed it! There's a lot of political intrigue and power struggles in the series. It was something I just happened to stumble across with no idea what it was, but I was hooked after I started to watch it, and immediately imported the three Japanese box sets as they were released! Funimation also released the series iin the US in a Standard and an Essentials set.

Last edited:
Ah, so that is how they look like the manga, thanks for the info and the pics... Good thing they redesigned the characters for the anime, I much prefer the way my waifu Mauve appears in the anime, compared to the manga:
I dunno, there's really something about that artbox style I like. It's different, it's striking. Reminds me of nothing so much Kerascoët's work on Miss Pas Touche/Miss Don't Touch Me, which is one of my favourite BDs and the main character, Blanche the accidental dominatrix detective, is still a top-tier waifu even in that style imho.

Before I put them on eBay, is anyone interested in buying my Clannad & Clannad: After Story individual seasons Sentai blu-rays? (Region A)

I need that UK LE.

has anyone ordered anything over the newer threshold yet for post delivery VAT? i'm interested in ordering something from cdjapan and the cost before VAT/postage is £108, just wondering if i should split the order because i know with VAT/postage it'll probably push it over the £135 limit and knowing my luck it'll cause me to get a double slap

Just checked my email from AmiAmi when I bought my Shinobu figure. With p+p it cost just over £130 and I didn't have to pay customs.
Either there is/was some leniency with the new rules in the immediate aftermath or our deal with Japan means those rules don't apply.

has anyone ordered anything over the newer threshold yet for post delivery VAT? i'm interested in ordering something from cdjapan and the cost before VAT/postage is £108, just wondering if i should split the order because i know with VAT/postage it'll probably push it over the £135 limit and knowing my luck it'll cause me to get a double slap
So, recently ordered from amiami for an order that totalled 25,920 yen which is roughly £170. add in shipping and it came to £212. So, this was sent via DHL and this time asked for prepayment of VAT, a handling fee (essentially) and a small customs fee. I did think that the announcement about a deal made no mention of VAT breaks so it seems that going forward you will to keep in mind the potential VAT + customs + handling fees (even if they may forget to charge these things, but worth staying aware of).

Last edited:
Question about Toranoana: So I ordered some stuff in the morning with my credit card (payment option one CC, option 2 cancellation), and they made an authorization request of 11Yen immediate, which has been withdrawn. So far so good and nothing out of the ordinary. Today around 7pm there is another transaction listed with the full amount of the order. But this has also been withdrawn, strangely.
.... Did the payment fail? Or are they just doing multiple authorization request ones? (This is the first time I see more than one before the actual booking though.) Going by the account messages or the order details in the order history page I can't find anything about it being cancelled, but it's rather weird. The order confirmation message is from 16:12pm, so the second one should probably have been the right one? Whyever was it withdrawn...?

has anyone used otaku.co.uk ? i discovered this website on the offchance that google shopping could find some local sellers of the stuff i was looking to import, their prices are slightly lower than what cdjapan would cost after factoring fees and stuff on top and they're UK based so i won't have to deal with customs, they only accept paypal which i guess makes them a slight bit more trustworthy over having to use CC stuff

has anyone used otaku.co.uk ? i discovered this website on the offchance that google shopping could find some local sellers of the stuff i was looking to import, their prices are slightly lower than what cdjapan would cost after factoring fees and stuff on top and they're UK based so i won't have to deal with customs, they only accept paypal which i guess makes them a slight bit more trustworthy over having to use CC stuff
They're legit; I've been using them for 20 years. Just bear in mind that they can be very slow to get items in. They don't hold much in stock, and you can expect to wait 4-8 weeks for anything listed as 'available to order' instead of 'in stock'. They buy all their US-based items from Right Stuf, and seem to only get supplied once per month. Service is generally good once they have the items on hand though.

I made my first purchase with Otaku a few weeks ago too.

I was going to buy the thing I wanted from UP1, but A) it was slightly higher priced there, plus the postage charge made it even more expensive (vs free postage on Otaku) and B) I wanted to use Paypal, but UP1 charge an additional 3% for that.

The Otaku listing says "allow up to 6 weeks for delivery" - altogether, the difference came to about £7, so I'm happy to wait a bit longer.

They're legit; I've been using them for 20 years. Just bear in mind that they can be very slow to get items in. They don't hold much in stock, and you can expect to wait 4-8 weeks for anything listed as 'available to order' instead of 'in stock'. They buy all their US-based items from Right Stuf, and seem to only get supplied once per month. Service is generally good once they have the items on hand though.
i don't really mind the wait, i'm a cheapass to the point if i can save a couple quid and have it take a month long i'm fine with it

Not a show that was on my radar but I like that character art and I do enjoy some political intrigue from time to time, so I'll add it.

I wish more shows did away with the giant eyes that seem popular in a lot of anime (not all). Slightly bigger eyes like shown here is fine, huge eyes like I'm seeing right now in my Clannad watch are kind of odd. I definitely prefer more realistic looking characters.

Last edited:
I was waiting on some CE to go on ealry birds at Anime-on-line, And I have just realized said title is a "Manga" title (BOFURI).
So how likley are Anime-on-line to do early birds of none MVM titles like BOFURI, I'm assuming it is probably not all that likely?

I surpose I was also waiting for the Easter sale as it usually 20% on everything so I figured that might do, but not possible this time around (excludes pre orders, EB and DoW).

I was waiting on some CE to go on ealry birds at Anime-on-line, And I have just realized said title is a "Manga" title (BOFURI).
So how likley are Anime-on-line to do early birds of none MVM titles like BOFURI, I'm assuming it is probably not all that likely?

I surpose I was also waiting for the Easter sale as it usually 20% on everything so I figured that might do, but not possible this time around (excludes pre orders, EB and DoW).
Unless it's a site wide sale offer you'll never get special discounts on non MVM titles on anime on line.

There wont be early bird offers for manga titles on their site I'm afraid.

I am in two minds on Bofuri myself, I enjoyed the show, but do I want the CE? not sure. It was kind of dumb switch your brain off stuff, but I liked it enough to watch it all and would watch more.

Cheers, I thought that would be the case regarding Manga titles and early birds, and it is getting close to the release date, so not much need waiting to see I can just pre order sometime.

EDIT: Or of course my new reason for buying it is for the gaming mat that I've just noticed comes with it :D

Last edited:
Back