The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I've put Higurashi on hold for now as I feel like I probably need to see the original first, but I noticed its not available for UK streaming but do we know who currently holds the licence? I was thinking that if its manga then it'll probably turn up on Funimation at some point

I've put Higurashi on hold for now as I feel like I probably need to see the original first, but I noticed its not available for UK streaming but do we know who currently holds the licence? I was thinking that if its manga then it'll probably turn up on Funimation at some point
MVM released the discs, if that’s what you mean.

Was expecting it to be part of the usual TBS nonsense with quite a lot of Sentai series but apparently they weren't involved. If it does show up it'll likely be through HIDIVE. As for home video MVM owns the license so it's unlikely it'll be on Funimation.

Was expecting it to be part of the usual TBS nonsense with quite a lot of Sentai series but apparently they weren't involved. If it does show up it'll likely be through HIDIVE. As for home video MVM owns the license so it's unlikely it'll be on Funimation.
It's actually part of the usual NBC Universal Japan nonsense and it's already on HIDIVE for US/CA territories sadly. The only option will be to acquire either the MVM release or the Sentai complete collection set.

Isn't Higurashi on Netflix?

Higurashi: When They Cry, Higurashi Kai, and Higurashi Rei have never been made available for legal streaming in the UK.

The new 2020 series is on Funimation.
Oh, I see. I find it kind of weird that we have it here in Sweden but it's not in the UK. Usually it's the other way around 😆 We only have When they cry though from 2006 and not those others.

I have the Berserk series collectors edition, but was wondering about replacing it with the steelbook (probably from UP1).
The only differnce I can really see is one is an art box with digi pack and some art cards
The other is a steelbook (i don't see any mention of art cards).

But honestly I'm not the biggest fan of digi packs and although there nice I'm not that fussed about art cards, I generally only tend to go for the collectors edition for the art books.

So I surpose there isn't too much of a question in there but, if anyone has got or had both or just got the steel book is there anything that you would say make one version stand out over the other (or is it just gonna be simplier to just hang on to my CE as there essentially pretty simialr)?

Last edited:
Looking to watch some old anime series and OVA’s but can’t really decide which one to start with. Anyone has comments on the following;

• Boys Be
  • Key the Metal Idol
  • Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko
  • Koi Kaze
  • Nazca
  • Burn-Up W
  • Sol Bianca: The Legacy

A quick question about Amazon UK. For example now Garden of Sinners is on sale for 65.79£ but when I go to pay it changes to 68.53£. How come? Is it some sort of tax or something?

Maybe it has something to do with me living outside of the UK? Noticed before that they bump up the price a couple of £ for some weird reason
amazon suddenly started doing this everywhere i think, i noticed it when iwas going to buy something from amazon de, not 100% but i'm sure it was trying to charge me both german and uk VAT

amazon suddenly started doing this everywhere i think, i noticed it when iwas going to buy something from amazon de, not 100% but i'm sure it was trying to charge me both german and uk VAT
Amazon has been doing this for years - they always charged your local VAT if shipped international within EU.
However you might not have noticed it, as the difference was smaller before.

(Only non-EU Amazon work different if under import-VAT-free treshold)

Back