The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I never have any issues with CR ps4 app

I really regret saying this now... I've had this annoying problem with Gintama 93 & 99, where if i rewind or fast forward, the episode just freezes and the only way to play it again is by restarting the episode from the beginning and just letting it play.

This is maybe a really stupid question but....

What does the Funimation Digital Codes give you? I have Goblin Slayer in my Digital Libary but clicking on any video's gives me the following error:

"Sorry this video is for premium subscribers only"

Seems... kinda pointless

I was browsing over the FunimationNow catalogue and some of the titles available on Crunchyroll which are also on Funi are only available in English (so like Shield Hero/Golden Kamyu/Quintessential Quintuplets). I wasn't signed in using an account so it may have restricted my language options but a lot of titles seem to be English only. Is this true of most things on there?

Is this true of most things on there?
Check out the spreadsheet on this page:
Hard to tell as it's "read only", but scrolling through it seems roughly half and half with stuff dub only and stuff with both, with a few sub only.
Can confirm Golden Kamuy is dub only. Having just watched it, it's pretty good.

scrolling through it seems roughly half and half with stuff dub only and stuff with both, with a few sub only
Looking over that am I right that any new seasonal releases are sub and maybe dub, and back catalogue is dub only if there's no BD release when its added? I don't mind dub for some shows to be honest - its just that some things get lost in translation when they drop the honorifics and cultural concepts western audiences might not appreciate :confused:

I’m the one that runs that spreadsheet, and looking at the data, asRelaxo has stated, there was a few years where Crunchyroll got the subs and funimation the dubs.

It also appears that for many years, funimation concentrated on dub anime, but that seems to be changing.

that’s one of the major things I noticed when I first compiled the spreadsheet from the thread data.

I’ll probably make notes on which services have either subs ordubs available At some point in the future, since it’s annoying when you plan out which shows you watch if you only subscribe to one streaming service at a time like I do.

Nina from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Too soon? 😅
Someone beat me to it:
43b735a391df74e0e839818279ae1465.png

It also appears that for many years, funimation concentrated on dub anime, but that seems to be changing.
Funimation always tries to offer both, dub and sub.
Exceptions only apply for shows co-licensed between Crunchyroll and Funimation during their partnership and, on case-by-case base, for their sequels and/or spinoffs.

Funimation always tries to offer both, dub and sub.
Exceptions only apply for shows co-licensed between Crunchyroll and Funimation during their partnership and, on case-by-case base, for their sequels and/or spinoffs.
Yea, I've definitely noticed that in the last few years (or specifically, when the deal came to an end) makes things less of a pain in the butt, when I try watching dub and something feels off, and then I have to wait until the month after when I re-sub to Crunchyroll (I alternative you see)

Ever bought anime from the Microsoft store? I can see they have a bunch of shows that I want to watch and aren't on any UK anime streaming sites nor have physical releases in the UK. Some examples include Aria the animation, season 2 & 3 and Sound of the Sky.

Ever bought anime from the Microsoft store? I can see they have a bunch of shows that I want to watch and aren't on any UK anime streaming sites nor have physical releases in the UK. Some examples include Aria the animation, season 2 & 3 and Sound of the Sky.

I've got some of the free seasons they gave out during things like Black Friday from the NA Microsoft store.

They're heavily DRM'ed, and only work in the MS video player from what I remember

Anyone know if/when the Ps4 Crunchyroll app will be updated to match the new UI that the Android and Fire Stick apps have?

I'm not sure if the new UI is better or worse so far.

Anyone know if/when the Ps4 Crunchyroll app will be updated to match the new UI that the Android and Fire Stick apps have?

I'm not sure if the new UI is better or worse so far.
Hopefully they don't till they've fixed the FireStick one! Absolutely no point bar making it look flashier. Apparently the way it is built is to load all the thumbnails for all the various lists which just crashes it. The only good thing about it, when it does work, is that the annoying box that popped up when you pause the video is no more meaning you can actually read on screen text if you need to pause it if there's a lot of it.
The PS4 one is perfectly functional in terms of the UI. The only thing that needs fixing is the low res start to the videos, although that has an easy fix by pressing L2.
Ironically the Funimation app is now behaving after their last update on the FireStick! It seems that either one or the other will be buggered at all times. So you'll never have both working properly at the same time!

So you'll never have both working properly at the same time!
LOL. So as if to prove my point, after I watched a few CR shows on my PS4 I thought I'd watch the one Funi show out today, but wanted to do something else afterwards, so I thought I'd use the Funi PS4 app. Lo and behold it doesn't work! So now it's FireStick for Funi and PS4 for CR! Ludicrous!

When you said the Funi app doesn't work I didn't think you meant literally! Last time I tried it the videos wouldn't play but you could reach the menu without the app crashing at least... Are they trying to fix the app at all? It's embarrassing.

Back