The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

May be a bit off-topic, but I got a question regarding eBay. Don't know if this should be posted in the general conversation area.
I want to buy an item from the UK eBay, but the seller hasn't listed the item as to be shipped abroad. It just says may not post to Denmark.
I've also contacted the seller, but haven't gotten an answer. Is it safe to purchase the item, write in the message that it should be shipped to Denmark? What's the worst that can happen? - the seller just canceling the order?

If you do buy and they can't deliver, just be sure that you should send the cancellation request so that the seller does not get hit with a cancellation on their ebay seller rating which can impact their future selling abilities if too many people have cancelled. I run an ebay business and have many people ask me to cancel and it takes its toll on the ratings.

UK or EU seller?
Than he must sell to danish customers according to a new law since December 2018: Dansk / English
However: He may ask you to pick it (e.g. by courier)

Recently seen a seller that tried to bypass this law by charging insane 94.50€ for shipping of a single, standard Blu-ray.

Might just also be, that the seller doesn't bother with the trouble of listing it internationally. For one thing just listing it for foreign countries is a bit of extra work (which is why I don't do that, tried it twice, not worth the effort) and with sending internationally anything can go even more wrong at that. (And cases of returns or damage are pretty much annoying, too with all the shipping costs I surmise.)

If you list and item you can also add international shipping as a shipping option. (There was some initial registration for that though.) But then you have to either define postage for each and every country, select countries you don't want to ship or put a flat fee for everything (when it's probably not the same for every country). (Many tend(ed?) to exclude Italy for Italy being apperarantly a country where stuff gets lost all the time.) Also at least as it was in my case, you can only offer international shipping, if you also offer PayPal as an payment option. Which spells extra fees. (And potentially more trouble when something goes wrong.)
There is also one more service where you can send your stuff to some eBay warehouse and from there they send stuff declared to the buyers and with that option the buyer is paying customs and tax right when he pays your article. This at least exists for eBay.com, I haven't used it on either side though.

So, Blue Submarine No. 6.

I hear the Blu-ray is a horrible DNR'd to death upscale, but can't actually find any screenshots and am trying to work out if there has been more than one BD release. Currently guessing the 2016 Diskotek DVD release is the one to go for (shame about the less sexy cover art and considerably less sexy information banner and gradient overlay at the top, but no matter).

Last edited:
Does anybody have the Robotic:Notes s.a.v.e. edition? What does it look like inside? Reversible cover or a piece of artwork? If it's the latter what artwork is it?

I used to own part 1 of the UK release. I didn't enjoy it enough to keep it lol.
Yeah, but the person does unbox the SG movie though ;)
R;N managed to make me mad the first time round and I put down a 5/10 score. (I really wanted to punch obnoxious Akiho.) But thinking back, it does has quite some intriguing elements and a really interesting setting, I wanted to give it another chance. (Helps to have watched Chaos;Child, rewatched S;G after that along with R;N DaSH coming out soon and that trailer being a really well made bait. R;N is the one that focuses on that Comitee stuff most.)

The time I watched R;N, I hadn't watched my S;G (still haven't yet lol). But the whole mecha thing just put me off, I generally dislike the genre. I only seem to like the Evangelion rebuilds (So much looking forward to 3.0+1.0!)
Oh, if that's the problem: It's not mecha. It's so very much not really mecha. It's robotics. As in RL-state-ish robotics. Equally it's about Augmented Reality. The only other show I can think of that actualy thematized and intrigrated that as an important part of the settinng is Dennoh Coil.
But yeah, you've got some heavy mecha-Gundam, err Gunvarrel-Otakus there. (No actually, Gunvarrel seems more like a Gurren Lagann thing probably.)

Oh right, I actually forgot...
The whole Gunvarrel thing (it was a game on their phones right?). It also put me off, especially the two main characters.. ugh..

I might give Gurren Lagann another go! Was it @Neil.T who loved the show?
The whole Gunvarrel thing gets a twist yet, which actually is pretty interesting, but didn't pay too much attention to the first time, because well, the two mains. But even those get some more sides, there are hints from the beginning though, if you are already prepared for the obnoxiousness. (S;G is similiar in that regard, except S;G has the better and clearer emphasized payoff.)

So, any of you big Doctor Who fans check out the new Roosterteeth animated mecha series Gen:Lock yet? David Tennent voices the Professor in the series. The first episode is available to the general public on Roosterteeth's website, and Episode 2 is available to First Members a week early. I am not a mecha fan, but even so, after watching the first two episodes, I'd say this series really rocks so far - the animation, the music, the story, the suspense... Pretty awesome. I understand there will be 6 episodes for this season.

Back