The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?
Even tho Skypiea was a while ago and comparatively early on in the series, I'll spoiler my response.

The simple answer, no. He's not god, he's just a delusional man with a lot of power. The more lengthy answer is that he's a resident of a far eastern sky island that he destroyed with his Devil Fruit power, Rumble-Rumble Fruit. He fashioned himself as a god and managed to convince some people with his powers and then took over Skypiea.

So yeah, he's just a dude who's gone mad with power and a formed cult, nothing more.

Hope that helps.

Even tho Skypiea was a while ago and comparatively early on in the series, I'll spoiler my response.

The simple answer, no. He's not god, he's just a delusional man with a lot of power. The more lengthy answer is that he's a resident of a far eastern sky island that he destroyed with his Devil Fruit power, Rumble-Rumble Fruit. He fashioned himself as a god and managed to convince some people with his powers and then took over Skypiea.

So yeah, he's just a dude who's gone mad with power and a formed cult, nothing more.

Hope that helps.
Another reason the people think of him as a god is his devil fruit is a logia type and the indigenous people don't know or even heard how to use haki.
Crocodile is another example, his a logia type user who took over a kingdom and again very few of the people on the island could use or knew of haki.
Also being cut off from the rest of the world helps consolidates their power

Hi,

Spy X Family is out today.
Could someone that has watched it answer a question?
Does each episode contain some action?

Thanks

Hi,

Spy X Family is out today.
Could someone that has watched it answer a question?
Does each episode contain some action?

Thanks

No it doesn't, not really.

I really liked Season 1 but the next season stopped a lot of the story progression and went into slice of life mode with mini-stories in the episodes. I actually wound up dropping it as it was so slow at progressing anything.

No it doesn't, not really.

I really liked Season 1 but the next season stopped a lot of the story progression and went into slice of life mode with mini-stories in the episodes. I actually wound up dropping it as it was so slow at progressing anything.
More and more I become disillusioned toward the anime industry. Well there are still some good properties.

I don't think this is just an anime problem, if something is popular people want to make as much of it as they possibly can, so things don't end or get extended with filler content, storylines get dragged out etc.
I don't think that's quite so accurate with Spy x Family as the second season hasn't actually aired yet. The second season you're referring to was actually the second cour of the first season. It was all one production just with a split broadcast. It's very common in recent years for shows to air with split seasons either as a precaution or a result of poor scheduling. Sometimes they'll title them appropriately in parts or they'll make it even more confusing. The most infamous of these is Magia Record. It's all one season despite what Aniplex says.

But yeah this isn't so much a matter of them milking the show since that second half was already greenlit to begin with.

I don't think that's quite so accurate with Spy x Family as the second season hasn't actually aired yet. The second season you're referring to was actually the second cour of the first season. It was all one production just with a split broadcast. It's very common in recent years for shows to air with split seasons either as a precaution or a result of poor scheduling. Sometimes they'll title them appropriately in parts or they'll make it even more confusing. The most infamous of these is Magia Record. It's all one season despite what Aniplex says.

But yeah this isn't so much a matter of them milking the show since that second half was already greenlit to begin with.

True though they are doing the same thing and doing episodes that don't really advance the story setup in the 1st cour of Season 1.

It's very much like the filler you often get in Shonen in particular, some people may like any of it, but I want some actual movement in the plot along with some filler/slice of life bits!

True though they are doing the same thing and doing episodes that don't really advance the story setup in the 1st cour of Season 1.

It's very much like the filler you often get in Shonen in particular, some people may like any of it, but I want some actual movement in the plot along with some filler/slice of life bits!
I'm not too familiar with the source material so it could very well be that the original story is just like that. Really depends on the freedom the studio is given to adjust and deviate from the original and sadly there's a big lack of creative liberty in the industry.

Planned filler is still filler if you ask me, it's side content which I think lives better in ovas so people who like it can watch more of it.

How long is a piece of string Rightstuf question.
I'm interested in Strawberry Marshmallow OVA (DVD in stock) and Qwaser of Stigmata Blu-ray versions but of course they are out of stock.
What's your opinion on how long before they get new stock?

City Hunter 1 is today's mega deal so I am thinking of doing an order today.

So I've got a few blu-rays that came in DVD sized cases. What I'm thinking of doing is getting some spare blu ray cases (the clear ones that criterion use) and cut up the artwork to fit the case. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so, to what degree of success did you have?

Not personally cut up any of the art work to slim down a DVD into a to a blu-ray case. If you do try your best bet is probably the Scanovo clear ones that hold 3 disc (could be differnt amounts), but the one that some of the Anime Limited CE's come in as the plasic sheath/ art area goes all the way too the top of the case.
But yeah its gonna be picking the right point to cut the horizontal and will depend on the design and if bordered, ect
Some time I try picking up a cheap blu-ray copy and recasing, but thats only if it looks really out of place

I could probably try a test if you want on "Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 1" DVD as ive got the blu-ray set and DVD version hasn't got any real value anymore. Would have to see if i've got any of the various blu-ray cases (although don't need to be spare)

Last edited:
Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer,

Does the Aus Blu-ray of Accel World: Infinite Burst Include the same extras as the US release?

Last edited:
Back