The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Anime Ltd. have now got the rights to all of Mamoru Hosoda's films in the UK. They and German company Plaion will be conducting a "World of Mamoru Hosoda" season, where they will be showing the films in cinemas before giving them a physical release.

Surprised the article fails to mention that Anime Limited is a subsidiary of Plaion

Anime Ltd. have now got the rights to all of Mamoru Hosoda's films in the UK. They and German company Plaion will be conducting a "World of Mamoru Hosoda" season, where they will be showing the films in cinemas before giving them a physical release.

Some of my all time favourite anime movies, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time especially so this is great news! I had the DVD's way back when I first got into anime but sold them off as I'd planned to get the CE's that Manga UK put out but I unfortunately never got around to getting them and they're OOP print now so this makes up for it.

I guess Studio Canal must still have the license for The Boy and the Beast but hopefully AL can release that one day in the future so they have all of his movies... well non-franchise movies as he did a Digimon and One Piece movie as well but I can see AL picking up Discotek's release of Digimon: The Movie at least.

Definitely Anime Supremacy if you’re into anime production / Shirobako type stories. It’s a lot of fun, even if a little cheesy at times. :)
Just finished watching Anime Supremacy. Greatly enjoyed it.

I felt like only one-fifth of the onscreen text was translated. More like one-hundredth if you include the many social media posts that pop up on the screen that aren't translated. No idea if the messages were saying good or bad things about the respective shows.

Just finished watching Anime Supremacy. Greatly enjoyed it.

I felt like only one-fifth of the onscreen text was translated. More like one-hundredth if you include the many social media posts that pop up on the screen that aren't translated. No idea if the messages were saying good or bad things about the respective shows.

If you're ever interested in revisiting it, the original novel is available in English through Vertical (now Kodansha) and that will have dealt with a lot more of those / includes more focus on a story we didn't see as much of in the film. Glad you enjoyed it though!

If you're ever interested in revisiting it, the original novel is available in English through Vertical (now Kodansha) and that will have dealt with a lot more of those / includes more focus on a story we didn't see as much of in the film. Glad you enjoyed it though!
Oh nice one! Thank you for letting me know, I'll check it out.

The other movie I loved on this festival was We Made a Beautiful Bouquet https://watch.jff.jpf.go.jp/film/we-made-a-beautiful-bouquet

I must say that the title doesn't make sense to me. The literal translation, "Loved Like a Flower Bouquet", makes much more sense. In any case, if you're a fan of Past Lives or the Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight trilogy, then you'll adore this.

It's almost impossible to describe why this film is brilliant without giving spoilers, so I'll just say that it's about two nerds who find each other by chance, fall in love, and try to build a life together.

It's wonderful, and I'd encourage everyone to watch it for free while you can over these final few days.

More Tokyo Revengers and a spin-off

This is probably my favourite shonen fighting show (not counting Hajime no Ippo, because that’s sports 🤣). So I’m happy to hear this is getting more anime. I’ve not read the manga but I am a little tempted now that it’s finished so I can find out the ending.

I really hope that CrunchyRoll gets the other live action movies online (or even a physical release) as I really enjoyed it the first one.

More Tokyo Revengers and a spin-off

This is probably my favourite shonen fighting show (not counting Hajime no Ippo, because that’s sports 🤣). So I’m happy to hear this is getting more anime. I’ve not read the manga but I am a little tempted now that it’s finished so I can find out the ending.

I really hope that CrunchyRoll gets the other live action movies online (or even a physical release) as I really enjoyed it the first one.

Glad this is getting another season, though I've heard mixed on the ending I'm still looking forward to seeing how it ends (I assume this would be the final season now anyway). One of my favourite recent series as well.

The spin-off sounds a bit of a laugh as well.

I had TGWLTT on DVD too when I was younger. I had the edition that came with the postcards. I think I've still got it somewhere actually!

I found it! Still in good nick as it has just been sat on my shelves for over a decade, haha.

IMG_20240620_123942411.jpg
IMG_20240620_124004220.jpgIMG_20240620_124014220.jpg

I swear Manga Entertainment/UK always used to do the best disc art. I recently got Sword Art Online S1 that was done by them before AL took over, and the disc art for S1 is top tier as well. Some of the later seasons of SAO by AL are just black discs with the title on them.

It's a shame they got gobbled up.

Oshi no ko live action trailer, completely past be by this was being made.
Apparently its a movie that leads into a TV series (funded by Amazon so expect worldwide on Prime)
why would you show the stabby stabby money shot in the trailer!!!!!!!!

I found it! Still in good nick as it has just been sat on my shelves for over a decade, haha.

View attachment 34602
View attachment 34603View attachment 34604

I swear Manga Entertainment/UK always used to do the best disc art. I recently got Sword Art Online S1 that was done by them before AL took over, and the disc art for S1 is top tier as well. Some of the later seasons of SAO by AL are just black discs with the title on them.

It's a shame they got gobbled up.

Ooh nice, never seen that edition before.

I'm probably late to the party but I've just found out that the World's Finest Assassin gets Reincarnated in another World as an Aristocrat is getting a second season.
One of my favourites over the last couple of years.
Although, I wouldn't mind a prequel as I liked the assassin.

I'm probably late to the party but I've just found out that the World's Finest Assassin gets Reincarnated in another World as an Aristocrat is getting a second season.
One of my favourites over the last couple of years.
Although, I wouldn't mind a prequel as I liked the assassin.

I SO wanted a Blu-ray release for that, I suppose it's never going to happen from CR now anymore. Had to get a backup copy elsewhere... :(

I even have my Crunchyroll user avatar set to an image of Maha - she's my best girl from the series. I've been using her as my avatar ever since it first became available on CR after the series aired.

maha2.jpg

If a second season has been confirmed, I can't wait! Maybe the first season will get a Blu-ray release yet, if a second season is coming...

And yeah, give me even a bland isekai series over any popular shonen show, anytime.

Last edited:
I even have my Crunchyroll user avatar set to an image of Maha - she's my best girl from the series. I've been using her as my avatar ever since it first became available on CR after the series aired.

View attachment 34683

If a second season has been confirmed, I can't wait! Maybe the first season will get a Blu-ray release yet, if a second season is coming...

And yeah, give me even a bland isekai series over any popular shonen show, anytime.
Nice choice but the best girl is his mother.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
Back