The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

We Never Learn anime Blu-ray sets
fetchimage

via Germany:

on a sadder note RIP Shichiro Kobayashi at age 89
He was art director on a ton of anime classics including Castle of Cagliostro, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Berserk, Angel's Egg, Nodame Cantabile, Touch etc etc
just look at this list of credits, there's bound to be a few that you love

That is sad, his style was very distinctive and I loved it (also literally all those anime you listed are ones I absolutely adore) :( <3

on a sadder note RIP Shichiro Kobayashi at age 89
He was art director on a ton of anime classics including Castle of Cagliostro, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Berserk, Angel's Egg, Nodame Cantabile, Touch etc etc
just look at this list of credits, there's bound to be a few that you love
I never seen Angel's Egg but it did get blue ray release but there no subtitles I'm still thinking of importing but I'm not sure.

Seriously?! How bad does a straight romcom need to be to not get a second season? Meanwhile the yuri drought continues.

Unfortunately the manga sells like hot cakes and is extremely popular for the magazine, so just like Rent-A-Girlfriend it was fairly predictable.

I enjoyed the first season, as terrible as it was, so won’t mind watching another.

Gonna throw this in here for lack of finding a better place for it - I randomly stumbled onto this YouTube PV video which is something that would probably be of major interest for any of you mecha fans - this is a 16 minute video created in 2021 at CG professional training college HAL Nagoya, as a 4th year student project. Definitely a good watch - there is a post-credits scene, and English CC subtitles are available in Settings:

Hate no Issen: Dawn of the Eclipse EPISODE ZERO - indie mecha anime

Official Website - hatenoissen.com

Last edited:
Back