The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I can't be any worse then Disney possibly getting the streaming rights to the new Bleach anime lol. šŸ¤¢

There he is! Welcome aboard, @neoz! Everyone say hello to neoz from blu-ray.com, I asked him to check out the AUKN forum as well, since he does import some UK anime titles for his collection. Be sure to prod him a good bit though, because he told me he was mainly just going to lurk over here, lol... We can't have that now, can we?! šŸ§

"Theatrical version PSYCHO-PASS PROVIDENCE"
production decision

Screenshot_20220814-100923__01.jpg20220814_104723.jpg

怌PSYCHO-PASS ć‚µć‚¤ć‚³ćƒ‘ć‚¹ć€ " 10th anniversary PV​

The original TV animation work "PSYCHO-PASS", which started in 2012, will celebrate its 10th anniversary in October 2022. To commemorate that, we will start the ā€œ10th anniversary projectā€.

The theme is "gratitude"

"Theatrical version PSYCHO-PASS PROVIDENCE"
production decision

View attachment 25794View attachment 25793

怌PSYCHO-PASS ć‚µć‚¤ć‚³ćƒ‘ć‚¹ć€ " 10th anniversary PV​

The original TV animation work "PSYCHO-PASS", which started in 2012, will celebrate its 10th anniversary in October 2022. To commemorate that, we will start the ā€œ10th anniversary projectā€.

The theme is "gratitude"
Waiting for a physical release of season 3.

Summer Time Rendering says don't get your hopes up....
Yeah the Disney news is tedious, but worth noting that Disney+ does have non-exclusive titles (though so far it's been catalog related) and considering Viz Media have been promoting the new season to death I suspect there is something cooking for the west, whether Disney is willing to simulcast & simuldub it using the Viz cast, or Crunchyroll is streaming it outside Asia.

I just want to know why disney have become interested in anime outside of ghibli films. I don't fear them as a competitor to crunchyroll because not even netflix and amazon prime where able to achieve that but all the more reason to ask why?

I just want to know why disney have become interested in anime outside of ghibli films. I don't fear them as a competitor to crunchyroll because not even netflix and amazon prime where able to achieve that but all the more reason to ask why?
Like Netflix, they're probably investing in the bare minimum number of anime to use as subscription bait.

Because they make money now? There's never any other reason.

I just noticed that all eight episodes of Bubblegum Crisis had remastered soundtrack rereleases a couple of months ago. They're available on vinyl and digitally on iTunes, but weirdly there don't seem to be CD releases.

Back