The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

VINLAND SAGA Season 2 Starts January 2023 with MAPPA mentioned as the animation studio.

Additionally, VINLAND SAGA Season 1 will be available on other streaming services.

1.png

Netflix and HIDIVE will have it from July 7th, which makes for a strange situation. Last year, Sentai had produced a dub for the series for their HV release (and will be present on the MVM blu-ray), but Netflix (almost revealed at the same time) also had an English dub produced for their service (in Japan only) so, what's going to happen? Both will be available at the same time? Time will tell but, this is weird....

VINLAND SAGA Season 2 Starts January 2023 with MAPPA mentioned as the animation studio.

Additionally, VINLAND SAGA Season 1 will be available on other streaming services.

View attachment 24723

Netflix and HIDIVE will have it from July 7th, which makes for a strange situation. Last year, Sentai had produced a dub for the series for their HV release (and will be present on the MVM blu-ray), but Netflix (almost revealed at the same time) also had an English dub produced for their service (in Japan only) so, what's going to happen? Both will be available at the same time? Time will tell but, this is weird....
That's good considering that Amazon only have random episodes available of Vinland Saga here.

There are 2 listings for it one missing episode 19 and another with only episodes 3, 7-11, 15 and 22-24.

Attachments

Last edited:
RIP Billy Kametz.
That dude really was great, far, far too young. So many great roles and performances (in such a short space of time), gonna have to watch Promare soon again to see hear his Galo performance once again.
RIP Billy, thanks.

Last edited:
I came across an English subtitled YouTube video for a new movie from Mappa and directed by Mari Okada, coming out possibly later this year, titled Alice and Therese's Illusion Factory. Looks really superb animation-wise, and the story sounds interesting. I really liked Maquia, so I'll be looking forward to this new one from Okada.

I finally watched the trailer for it and it does look really beautiful and interesting bit of a Shuzo Oshimi vibe as well :)

I came across an English subtitled YouTube video for a new movie from Mappa and directed by Mari Okada, coming out possibly later this year, titled Alice and Therese's Illusion Factory. Looks really superb animation-wise, and the story sounds interesting. I really liked Maquia, so I'll be looking forward to this new one from Okada.

I'm sold on anything by Okada anyway but that does look good and I see the music is by the brilliant Masaru Yokoyama. It's a must-watch for me.

Back