The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2 starts this summer!
Still riding on the Meguka name no doubt rather than the failed Gacha game.

Hot take I'm sure but some things just don't need sequels or spinoffs as they retroactively ruin the original story. Something I keep thinking about whenever people demand a Bloodborne sequel.

Still riding on the Meguka name no doubt rather than the failed Gacha game.

Hot take I'm sure but some things just don't need sequels or spinoffs as they retroactively ruin the original story. Something I keep thinking about whenever people demand a Bloodborne sequel.
Continuing my brand of being the only one who enjoyed Magia Record more than the original series. I'm just happy Season 2's been announced. Sorry

Last edited:
I also really liked Magia Record, at least almost as much as the original series - so I'm really looking forward to a physical Blu-ray release for Season 2 from AoA. 👍
Continuing my brand of being the only one who enjoyed Magia Record more than the original series. I'm just happy Season 2's been announced.
I enjoyed this as well regardless of, in my opinion, it living off of & not being up to Madoka's brilliance (but the story isn't finished yet so will hold ultimate judgement until then), and so am also looking forward to season 2.
some things just don't need sequels or spinoffs as they retroactively ruin the original story.
I concur here as well, but in such instances I just compartmentalise in my head and refuse to take things as canon if they don't live up to my expectations heheh (I'm looking at you Devil May Cry 2...).

More details have come out about the first of the Yen Press audiobooks.

Solo Leveling Vol. 1 is an eight-hour long unabridged reading. As the novel is Korean, it is being read by Korean-American actor Ki Hong Lee, most famous as Minho from The Maze Runner films. It will come out on 13th July.

If their following books have a similar pattern, it looks like the Japanese novels will get Japanese readers.

Back