The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Eiichiro Oda is the George R.R. Martin of Japan šŸ˜‚ they're on 90+ volumes now just end it at a 100 and call it a day. Let some other writer & artist do a spin off set x years later ala Boruto (but with One Piece I'd rather it be hundreds of years later)

I doubt that will happen. Given that there have been manga totalling 200 volumes in Shonen Jump, I doubt the workaholic Oda will ever stop.

Eiichiro Oda is the George R.R. Martin of Japan šŸ˜‚ they're on 90+ volumes now just end it at a 100 and call it a day. Let some other writer & artist do a spin off set x years later ala Boruto (but with One Piece I'd rather it be hundreds of years later)
He's not like GRR Martin, Oda is actually releasing One Piece. Yuuichi Togashi is more like GRR, though he at least has a reason for not releasing work other than writers block.

I doubt that will happen. Given that there have been manga totalling 200 volumes in Shonen Jump, I doubt the workaholic Oda will ever stop.
Unfortunately I think you're right, but all good stories need a good ending and again to compare to GRRM he'll probably die of old age before we actually get it...

It just depends on the series I think, One Piece still hasn't gotten stale after 20 years because of the amazing world building, great characters and each arc feels fresh and different to the previous one. For me, Promised Neverland went downhill after the first arc, and even with 12 volumes Death Note still went on longer than it should have.

I think Oda is more talented but Kishimoto and Kubo havent done anything of note since their long running series ended.

The only manga I follow thatā€™s gone dire is attack on Titan and the studio change at the point it has us apt to my opinion of this ā€œfinalā€ arc as the more world building the more you realize Isayama sucks at world building

The only manga I follow thatā€™s gone dire is attack on Titan and the studio change at the point it has us apt to my opinion of this ā€œfinalā€ arc as the more world building the more you realize Isayama sucks at world building
This is what happens when you drag a series on for the money instead of having a clear vision of where it's going and how it will end.

AOT is not unique I this though, both Nisekoi and food wars have suffered similar fates

Don't know they managed to forget The Sopranos. Probably because it started in 99 but they stiil included Freaks and Geeks.

Last edited:
Back