The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Ah, I got them all, those were pretty easy - although I've never read any of them in manga form. I have the first two titles on DVD in my anime collection, but the third one just isn't my style, lol.

They probably only got one right because those were all from before they were even born, lol! Without looking, I would guess the one they did get right was the third one.

Last edited:
I prefer the second title over the first, in anime form, anyway, so that was actually the easiest one for me. :)

And, you're exposing your quiz answers already - better spoiler that, lol!

I don't know or care much about award winning anime but what I usually like usually is big name stuff like any Fate title animated by ufotable-god I want to see the last movie of the Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] trilogy. Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works were fantastic.

I love Fate stay night, and I still feel weird about the love of the Ufotable stuff mostly about the animation not the actual story which is what I mostly fell in love with. Like yes Ufotable made the action look better but the VN still has all the heart, that’s why I do wonder if we ever got FHA from them would people like it as it’s lacking on action scenes.

One title that almost always gets overlooked is Majokko Shimai No Yoyo To Nene (Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene) by ufotable which is a wonderful kid's film that adults can enjoy. I'm amazed that it's never been released outside japan.

It certainly is odd that you get so many of theses releases that only have subs in one language when they could've massively expanded their potential customers by just including another language in the subtitles. They're even in the same blu-ray region with no competing alternative. For example see Konosuba on Amazon, but it's only in German.

Kazé only owns licenses for german speaking areas for most shows - some for french speaking and very few for Italy. They may still own some rights for Poland (rumored Aldnoah.Zero, but never released), whilest it seems that their rights for Sweden and Neatherlands already expired (or they don't bother translating due to low sales)

Some licensing companies require that you buy the rights for English language territories before you are allowed to add English subs - what may cause problems. E.g. Crunchyroll owned the rights for Prison School for most parts of Europe, but was restricted to french and spanish subs (which users from eastern Europe didn't understand). Similar for No-Rin, where they got the whole continent (excl UK/IE) but wheren't allowed to add english subs.

Licensing weirdness went even further with Himouto Umaru-chan R, which streams on Hidive in all parts of Europe, but as the license holder does not allow English subs in e.g. France and Germany to be shown, its streaming there raw-only (as Hidive didn't bother translating subs)

Some companies (e.g. from Korea) add English language dubs/subs without permission and hope that Japan won't notice.

As a note:
Whilest most Aniplex-sublicenses from German companies (incl Kazé) mention Aniplex, Yoyo & Nene doesn't. So I assume someone else is the rights international rights holder.

Some companies (e.g. from Korea) add English language dubs/subs without permission and hope that Japan won't notice.
Worth mentioning English subs are also sometimes added to Hong Kong and Singapore releases, with English being an official language there. Not that they’re always the best quality mind.

Back