The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Wahoooooo! Happy that TWGOT Season 3 is coming much sooner than I thought!

Anyone heard anything about when Freezing Vibrations may get a dub and the remaining volumes of Hellsing Ultimate please?

-Danielle- said:

Anyone heard anything about when Freezing Vibrations may get a dub and the remaining volumes of Hellsing Ultimate please?
Emulsion said:
Don't know about Freezing but Hellsing Ultimate 9-10 is out now in the US, not sure when we are getting it though.
I was scouting the Manga Entertainment feed recently and saw this:
Q: Any news on Hellsing Ultimate IX-X ? I really don't want to import :p Pls just give a vague release window^^
A: We haven't got a confirmed date as thing stand. But it won't be before April at the earliest from what I understand. ^JG

Agent-347 said:
-Danielle- said:

Emulsion said:
Don't know about Freezing but Hellsing Ultimate 9-10 is out now in the US, not sure when we are getting it though.
I was scouting the Manga Entertainment feed recently and saw this:
Q: Any news on Hellsing Ultimate IX-X ? I really don't want to import :p Pls just give a vague release window^^
A: We haven't got a confirmed date as thing stand. But it won't be before April at the earliest from what I understand. ^JG

I don't know if that's encouraging or not... Either we have a fairly lengthy wait for it, or the sticky question of whether Manga really will be releasing much in 2015. You'd think ongoing licenses like Hellsing would be obvious ones to continue, but who knows?

Guess what folks. EVANGELION BD-BOX! YES.

EVANGELION_BD_BOX.png

If the set contained English subtitles, I am so up for it (well it is my favourite anime show).

Given that this is finally out, could it be that we may finally see Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 in 2015?

For those who don't know what those titles above mean:
- Death & Rebirth is part recap and an alternative continuation to replace the last 2 episodes. Unfortunately due to budget issues (again), the Rebirth part remained incomplete. Thus we have..
- The End of Evangelion which is the complete alternative end to the series (replacing episodes 25 and 26).
- Revival of Evangelion is a merge between Death and The End of Evangelion with some changes.

NormanicGrav said:

EVANGELION_BD_BOX.png

If the set contained English subtitles, I am so up for it (well it is my favourite anime show).

Given that this is finally out, could it be that we may finally see Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 in 2015?

For those who don't know what those titles above mean:
- Death & Rebirth is part recap and an alternative continuation to replace the last 2 episodes. Unfortunately due to budget issues (again), the Rebirth part remained incomplete. Thus we have..
- The End of Evangelion which is the complete alternative end to the series (replacing episodes 25 and 26).
- Revival of Evangelion is a merge between Death and The End of Evangelion with some changes.

Mr Partridge, would you care to comment? :wink:

Holy...! And I wonder how long that'll take to come out over here...? And will it be Manga or another that releases it...

Seriously though, the sooner the original TV series and End of Evangelion is back in print (and in gorgeous HD too) the better.

Lutga said:
Holy...! And I wonder how long that'll take to come out over here...? And will it be Manga or another that releases it...

Seriously though, the sooner the original TV series and End of Evangelion is back in print (and in gorgeous HD too) the better.

If there is a God in the universe, it won't be Manga. This is a show that needs an Ultimate Mega Eva Edition, one worthy of the name, not an Attack on Titan con-job.

Just Passing Through said:
Lutga said:

If there is a God in the universe, it won't be Manga. This is a show that needs an Ultimate Mega Eva Edition, one worthy of the name, not an Attack on Titan con-job.

I think Manga is dead now, aside from the big shounen titles. I doubt we'll see anything big from them anymore (Animatsu will probably handle the rest).

Just Passing Through said:
Lutga said:

This sounds like something Anime Ltd would thrive on

NormanicGrav said:
I thought the original Cells for Evangelion were lost in an earthquake or something? Surely that means this will just be an upscale since it can't be re-scanned in HD.

Man you don't know how excited I am right now. I always said I'd do anything for a copy of EoE on Blu-ray. My most wanted Blu-ray, now I can finally die happily :p I knew this was coming soon with the rights to eva going to Khara, and the 20th anniversary fast approaching. I hope the set matches my awesome Limited edition LaserDisc set!

Mangaranga said:
I thought the original Cells for Evangelion were lost in an earthquake or something? Surely that means this will just be an upscale since it can't be re-scanned in HD.

I can't find the source now, but I'm pretty sure that was just some fake rumors/speculation.

GolGotha said:
Omg, this is fantastic news! I really hope Andrew gets his hands on this!

Not sure about an Anime Limited release of this to be fair...I love Eva soo much and the more I think about the Ultimate Lagann set the more of a bad taste it leaves in my mouth. I know Andrew might read that and feel disheartened, but I don't think anyone in the UK would give this the release it deserves to be fair...I guess my expectations are too high :p

qaiz said:
GolGotha said:

Not sure about an Anime Limited release of this to be fair...I love Eva soo much and the more I think about the Ultimate Lagann set the more of a bad taste it leaves in my mouth. I know Andrew might read that and feel disheartened, but I don't think anyone in the UK would give this the release it deserves to be fair...I guess my expectations are too high :p

Anime Limited would definitely be the more likely to give it a special release though. TTGL set is fabtastic imo. Best uk release in terms of packaging and extras

qaiz said:
GolGotha said:

Nothing personal ;P! I'd still love to give it a shot and have some ideas ;D.

AP

Back