The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm not even a big City Hunter person and like... IDK mokkori is pretty iconic? I sometimes use it in a hyperbolic fashion when describing anime collector's edition releases XP
I was surprised to see mokkori translated because of it's iconic nature. It was translated to something involving the word peach most of the time (e.g. she's a peach). Translating mokkori feels unnecessary when people who've never watched CH before can infer the meaning from the context without much trouble.

Re:Creators will be leaving Amazon Prime in 12 days.
So unless someone else picks up the license this will probably be unwatchable for awhile/forever unless you invest in an eye patch and peg leg.
Screenshot_20240326_201022_Prime Video.jpg

The OED has added a bunch of Japanese words, with "isekai" being among them.

I'm looking around and no one seems to actually list all 23 Japanese words that have been added. I figured that 'sugoi' would be added with how common it is, but I cannot find it on the OED site so I guess it wasn't.

Ctrl + F Japan gets you most (about 21 results), plus Mangaka and Fan Service is alloted to anime and manga specifically, so I guess adds to the count.

It seems the first episode of Konosuba Season 3 has leaked online nearly 2 weeks ahead of its premiere.

It was apparently scraped from Crunchyroll as they hosted the episode file on an old insecure Funimation server.

Not a good look and may affect CR in the future regarding how soon assets are delivered to them, Japanese licensors usually restrict access over stuff like this.

Was there ever a doubt of a 2nd season of Solo Leveling?
Haven't watched the anime yet but I've read all the LN and can't wait to see how the 'adapt' some if the later stuff as it gets decidedly anti-Japanese 😱

Back