The MMORPG Thread

I got bored of Gunz when I realised there was no real challenge on the game. Don't misunderstand and I hope I'm not the only one but to put it very bluntly; most Gunz players really suck when it comes to skill. I found Counter-Strike a lot more challenging as there are many experienced players on there.

Anyway, I play Final Fantasy XI and that's it to be honest. I used to play Maple Story but I stopped playing that after the amount of annoying kids who would claim you were a paedophile if you were over the age of eighteen.

Nemphtis said:
I got bored of Gunz when I realised there was no real challenge on the game. Don't misunderstand and I hope I'm not the only one but to put it very bluntly; most Gunz players really suck when it comes to skill. I found Counter-Strike a lot more challenging as there are many experienced players on there.

Gunz comes no where near CT, its Source engine for starters is possibly the best out there.

Xelis said:
Nemphtis said:

Gunz comes no where near CT, its Source engine for starters is possibly the best out there.

I was referring to Counter-Strike, not Counter-Strike: Source but it doesn't make much of a difference in my point. Also I wasn't comparing the game from a graphical stand-point but rather trying to use it as an example to show the volume of skilled players there are between the two games. Gunz simply isn't challenging enough as the member base (as with most free games) consists mainly of whiny children who spend more time complaining and less time improving on the game. :]

I just play FlyForFun, i have no space on my computer for anything else, or any money to play anything i have to pay for, i would love to play a few more games though.
It's very addictive, as i suppose all MMORPGs are. I just have one character, a Mage. My sister also plays and has about a million different characters, so i play it whenever shes not playing...which isn't often. I was utterly addicted to it for a while, but i try to play it alot less, partly because i have a load of other work i should be doing, and partly because i was getting RSI O_O.
But as a free MMORPG i would definitely recommend it, more people from the this forum should play and then we can start a AnimeUKNews guild ;)

I Want to start a Anime Guild on Deathwing, WoW. it would make teh game so much more enjoyable for me.

We could be fighting and then like, "Doesn't this remind you of {Insert Anime Title Here}"

Then everyone would be like "Woooo"

There's an MMORPG preview I saw in Edge magazine which looked quite cool, I'm thinking of checking it out. The western name for the series is Dofus which sounds so lame but the Japanese title is somewhat cooler in name.

Charter_Mage said:
I just play FlyForFun, i have no space on my computer for anything else, or any money to play anything i have to pay for, i would love to play a few more games though.
It's very addictive, as i suppose all MMORPGs are. I just have one character, a Mage. My sister also plays and has about a million different characters, so i play it whenever shes not playing...which isn't often. I was utterly addicted to it for a while, but i try to play it alot less, partly because i have a load of other work i should be doing, and partly because i was getting RSI O_O.
But as a free MMORPG i would definitely recommend it, more people from the this forum should play and then we can start a AnimeUKNews guild ;)

Heh, Charter I really urge you not to recommend such games to other people; they're time and soul destroying (and no I'm being serious).
I won't rant about it.. but I've said before and you might think I'm being over the top, but I'm being serious.. don't even download it ^^.
MMO's are EVIL!

MMO's aren't that evil, i find them sometimes enjoyable when i have nothing else to do. Mind you the idea of actually making an Animeuknews guild is actually kinda interesting heh.

Arbalest said:
MMO's aren't that evil, i find them sometimes enjoyable when i have nothing else to do. Mind you the idea of actually making an Animeuknews guild is actually kinda interesting heh.

I can see you've never been addicted to one then : P
I bet if you play Flyff.. and get addicted to it; you'll be back in about 8 months agreeing with me. Not that I recommend you do that though.

EDIT: Although having said that.. It is damn fun at the beginning.. and for a long time actually xD. It's like.. a whole new world : O Then you realise what a con it really is : P No doubt you'll make lots of friends though.. Actually, going against everything I've said here.. maybe sometime in the future if you people put together some kind of guild.. I'll join for old times sakes. Just make sure you play on mushpoie server coz it's the best ^^.

WOW is good, but its not the brilliant. Its worth playing every now and then but i never find now that i could spend more than say an hour or 2 on it at a time. there is plenty of MMORPG's out there worth playing.

Joe said:
WOW is the only MMO worth playing all the others are complete crap!!!!
I imagine you've played all the MMORPGs out there, and made your expert analysis based on the information you have gathered over the years, or you're just another one of those people who seem to think the product they own is the greatest product ever, simply because it's the product they own. :]

Joe said:
WOW is the only MMO worth playing all the others are complete crap!!!!

Rather you are completely ignorant, or you have somehow done as Nemphtis said and played every MMOG out there, which is highly unlikely.

I play Everquest 2 and WoW.. they are both quite good. Neither are "complete crap" as you have put it.

You guys please ignore Joe i know him in reality and he is alright but he sorta only done this to irritate people on these here boards.

He probably wont be on again.

Anyway moving on swiftly, I just wanted to say that after taking a two month break from Final Fantasy XI it seems I'm completely addicted once again. There's something about FFXI which makes me prefer it over MMORPGs such as WoW. I think in WoW you can do too many things solo, nearly everything in fact. Final Fantasy XI forces you to rely on others and make friends in order to progress since practically everything requires you to join a party. Needless to say, if you're a regular asshole on FFXI you will have a very hard time finding a party that will want you amongst them in battle. WoW has far too many immature idiots because it's too popular, which is something Blizzard can't be blamed for as their game is very good but it's how things work.

Nemphtis said:
Anyway moving on swiftly, I just wanted to say that after taking a two month break from Final Fantasy XI it seems I'm completely addicted once again. There's something about FFXI which makes me prefer it over MMORPGs such as WoW. I think in WoW you can do too many things solo, nearly everything in fact. Final Fantasy XI forces you to rely on others and make friends in order to progress since practically everything requires you to join a party. Needless to say, if you're a regular asshole on FFXI you will have a very hard time finding a party that will want you amongst them in battle. WoW has far too many immature idiots because it's too popular, which is something Blizzard can't be blamed for as their game is very good but it's how things work.

Its how Fan boy/girlism works.

I play tibia a fair bit, but the graphics/starting area put quite a few people off of it.

Back