The Metal Thread

@Spyro
I was gonna ask this in the other thread but i thought i should contain it within this thread... which few bands are your faves? an what type of metal are you into? Thrash? Death?Doom? All of it?

Shakey said:
Alestorm and Nile are the coolest.
While fun to listen to for a few songs, their gimmick wears off fast and all their songs just start to sound like stereotypical power metal. I find it hard to tell their songs apart.

Shakey said:
@Spyro
I was gonna ask this in the other thread but i thought i should contain it within this thread... which few bands are your faves? an what type of metal are you into? Thrash? Death?Doom? All of it?

I'm sure i've already posted this list somewhere but, it's changing a lot.

I'm mainly into Trash, Death, Doom, Brutal, Melodeath, that kinda stuff.

[quote="Spyro201]Megadeth
Metallica
Children of Bodom
Cannibal Corpse
Dimmu Borgir
Alestorm
Turisas
Kalmah
Nile
Norther[/quote]

Thats from the other thread ^

Since then though i've started to dig Gallhammer, Dir En Grey and Girugamesh.

Other bands I like that aren't there are Necrophagist, Tyr, DEATHGAZE, Arch Enemy and Archeon.

Any of those hit with you?

Yeah i like at least half of those, the other half i have never really listened to or heard of. I like alot of Hardcore myself but i have to be in the right mood for it. Got a bit of a Metallica obsession as most metal fans do. I was looking into getting some J-rock as i have never really listened to any, who would you recommend other than the ones you already mentioned?

Shakey said:
Yeah i like at least half of those, the other half i have never really listened to or heard of. I like alot of Hardcore myself but i have to be in the right mood for it. Got a bit of a Metallica obsession as most metal fans do. I was looking into getting some J-rock as i have never really listened to any, who would you recommend other than the ones you already mentioned?

Well you kinda have varying levels of JRock.

You're more Jpop stuff- An Cafe

They're great. Very pop though. Still, very cheery.

JRock - Nightmare

Amazing band. Was obbsessed with these for so long. I mean they have a TONNE of great albums. The best have to be "Ultimate Circus", "Libido", "the WORLD Ruler", and thier new album "Majestical Parade" is up there with em. That's alot of albums though, so in order that I listed above, here are some good tracks from each album!

"loopain", "36.7°", and "HATE" from Ultimate Circus album.

"Tokyo Shounen", "Tsuki no Hikari, Utsutsu no Yume", "Travel" from Libido album.

"the WORLD", "Black Sick Spider", and "Alumina" from the WORLD Ruler album

"Parade", "Cynical Re;actor" and "SIMPLE LIFE" from Majestical Parade album.

Out of all those, the top are; "loopain", "36.7°", "Tokyo Shounen", "the WORLD", "Alumina" and "Cynical Re;actor".

Definately check Nightmare out. Thier the best.

Alice Nine. are another alright JRock band. Their album "Alpha" is worth a listen, although it's apperntly regarded as thier worst. I still enjoyed it.

Now, more my kinda thing is JMetal.

Dir en Grey - ******* awesome. Pick the right tracks and albums here though. Some are more JRock than others. Vulgar, Withering to Death and The Marrow of a Bone are all fantastic. Also, Uroboros is a more light, JRock/JMetal album that you can actually buy over here without importing.

Girugamesh - Seriously awesome. Just the right mix of JRock and JMetal. They have some heavy ****, and some much lighter stuff. Their latest album "MUSIC" has some techno influence in too, which is cool. I mean, it's refreshing, and cool. I'd reccomend the albums "MUSIC" and "Girugamesh".

Gallhammer - These are a black metal band. They're insane though, honestly. Their album "Gloomy Lights" is one of my favorites at the moment. It's really atmospheric. Definaltly check "Gloomy Lights" out if you can.

Anthelion - These are more brutal. Listen to these as a kinda Cannibal Corpse/Nile alternative. Heavy **** here. Not listened to the full album yet. The album is called "Bloodshed Rebefallen" and it's on my "To listen to" list for very soon.

DEATHGAZE - These guys are my latest craze too. LOVING them. They mix JRock and JMetal well too. They lean way more to JMetal though. They have nice chunky riffs, growled vocals, and then the opposite with some nice meolidic vocals and chords. Definately check out the album "genocide and mass murder".

Hope this helped in some way bra'

:eek: I was just expecting a couple of names lol. You really put some effort into that reply. I think i shall check out a bit of each of them, especially deathgaze, Anthelion and Nightmare coz they sound real kl. I'll let ya know wat i think of them all when i've had a listen. Appreciate the effort you put into the reply, cheers dude.

Shakey said:
:eek: I was just expecting a couple of names lol. You really put some effort into that reply. I think i shall check out a bit of each of them, especially deathgaze, Anthelion and Nightmare coz they sound real kl. I'll let ya know wat i think of them all when i've had a listen. Appreciate the effort you put into the reply, cheers dude.

Good choices 8)

And it's no problem. I'm happy to get people on the right rails when it comes to music ;) Hope you enjoy them. I can't reccomend each of them enough.

EDIT: By the way- DEATHGAZE's best song is "Miscarriage". Definately check it out. It's got this great extreme. It goes from heavy growling to operatic chorus vocals. With that, a crunching riff into much more 'musical' chords. It's superb.

Hey spyro, i gave a listen to Anthelion yesterday and man are they awesome, its just brutal :D I have listened to a fair bit of Nightmare too and i'm really enjoying it. Gonna try an check out the other bands you mentioned over the weekend. Cheers!

Guys! These are really cool! I'm rockin'!

Thanks for these cool and metal videos.

You really rock!

20924913.jpg

--------------------------
“Celebrate your precious moments and collect the best wedding favors to have a perfect wedding.”
Wedding and Wedding Favors Circle, Atlanta, Georgia

Shakey said:
Hey spyro, i gave a listen to Anthelion yesterday and man are they awesome, its just brutal :D I have listened to a fair bit of Nightmare too and i'm really enjoying it. Gonna try an check out the other bands you mentioned over the weekend. Cheers!

S'cool bra' 8)

Glad you're enjoying 'em. I'm in a mix music-wise at the moment. No idea what i'm listening to.

Post me some more feedback when you check the others out man.

Tachi- said:
Alice in chains for the win.

^This.

Shakey said:
Job For A Cowboy

^This.

Spyro201 said:
Megadeth
Metallica
Children of Bodom

^These (I like Alestorm a little but I agree with Maxon. Not really my kinda thing).

Some other metal bands I'm really into that aren't listed yet (there's loads more, but these are my favs):

Bring Me The Horizon
Dir En Grey
Anthrax
HIM
Pantera (suprised spyro didn't put)
Queens of the Stoneage
69 Eyes
Black Tide (spyro check these out you might like them)
Guh, I got lazy and that's about as far as I can go atm as it's tiresome..

Anyway I'm into tons of hardcore at the moment if that counts like:

Outcry Collective (not very well known band, but they're awesome!)
Cancer Bats
Ghost of a Thousand
Gallows
The Computers
The Dead Formats
etc......

i just noticed something...
NO DEATH ON HERE!
R.I.P Chuck Schuldiner
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HgrtTmPURvk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HgrtTmPURvk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D72wZEOIs4o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D72wZEOIs4o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMPgUU7sFQk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMPgUU7sFQk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7lP30tSZF0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7lP30tSZF0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Metal

Is reviving old thread's cool?

I'm loving Dream Theater, Epica and Sabaton right now....

It's always cool to revive a thread, just as long as you list Dream Theater

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3znR7AwlWo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3znR7AwlWo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I really want to see these guys live again so much >_<

I've seen Dream theater live once a couple years back. I found them a lot better live than on studio.

They are Rush fans, so that in itself is a plus in my book.

I'm currently getting myself addicted to Nightwish and I still love the classics metallica, iron maiden, megadeth (I've seen them at download this year), anthrax, etc...

chaos said:
I'm currently getting myself addicted to Nightwish
What do you think of Anna compared to Tarja? A lot of hardcore Nightwish fans seem to get fanboyish towards Tarja and call the new music with Anna crap. As someone who got into them after Anna joined, but heard Tarja's stuff first, I can safely say I much prefer Anna. Her voice isn't overpowering. Sometimes Tarja's voice would just drown out the music.

Zelgadis said:
What do you think of Anna compared to Tarja? A lot of hardcore Nightwish fans seem to get fanboyish towards Tarja and call the new music with Anna crap. As someone who got into them after Anna joined, but heard Tarja's stuff first, I can safely say I much prefer Anna. Her voice isn't overpowering. Sometimes Tarja's voice would just drown out the music.

Poking my nose in here, I always thought I liked Nightwish for the music, and the banshee-like singer was just a bonus. After Tarja left though, I feel that their music has been fairly standard for the genre; still good, and the new singer is by no means talentless, but their songs are no longer spectacular. I was given Tarja's solo CDs as a gift since and loved them instantly from the first notes of My Winter Storm.

I also saw Tarja live in London last year and she was amazing, playing her own compositions as well as singing. I'll keep giving "new" Nightwish a chance when their albums roll around, but they'll have to build up a reputation with me from scratch again now.

My husband said his favourite release lately was the instrumental bonus CD with Dark Passion Play. I guess he really was into them for the music rather than the singing the whole time :)

Usually good singers are carried by their bands but in Tarja's case I think what I had loved about old Nightwish was all her.

R

lots of Hardcore at the moment to be honest, stuff like TRC and Feed The Rhino, two new UK bands that are absolutely killer

apart from that a bit of Grindcore from Insect Warfare, and some early Carcass :)

Back