The HMV Thread

Animefreak17

Godhand
ok i was looking at the anime schedule and saw there was some anime that wss coming out and so i decided to go order mon the hmv website and when i looked up on anime i clicked on new releases and there was no new releases. so i had to get the names from the anime schedules on here and i typed in a few anime names and there they were they didn't come up on new releases or coming up dvds i had to type the names in to see if they was going to have them in
they need to do some maintenance on that site.

Ok that post was difficult to read but it just sounds like they haven't added it on the new releases yet or whatever. I personally feel HMV is over-priced and not so great for buying Anime DVD's.

Kirsty said:
Ok that post was difficult to read but it just sounds like they haven't added it on the new releases yet or whatever. I personally feel HMV is over-priced and not so great for buying Anime DVD's.
sorry about that

Kirsty said:
If you're talking about instore, then yeah.

Online? Definately not! Plus they send out pre-orders a week early.

But, just use find-dvd to check prices..

Fair enough, yeah I did mean instore but I'm going to check it out online now, thanks for that.

Online it's really only their pre-orders that are well priced. After release they push them up. Case in point: I pre-ordered Bamboo Blade Part 2 for £15, and now...

find-dvd.co.uk is definitely your friend.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Online it's really only their pre-orders that are well priced. After release they push them up. Case in point: I pre-ordered Bamboo Blade Part 2 for £15, and now...

find-dvd.co.uk is definitely your friend.
il look that up thanks

hey guys........ and girls lol im almost at a £100 worth of credit on hmv. does the credit work in stores only or can they work on the site

if hmv does go bust where are we going to buy our animes

i know some of us use hmv but what if they did go bust where in the uk are we going to buy our animes from ( with in the uk without internet but in stores in the uk )
when theres a wide selection of animes in stores i like to browse
i can only think of
forbidden planet but they take there discs out

Aside from the occasional special offer, HMV has been rubbish for anime for the last few years, and still declining. They are in general overpriced, and their demise would be no surprise, nor any particular disappointment.

Yup yup I finally started my anime collection and found the net to be super duper fuper kuper buper uper awesome sauce ^.^!!!! INTERNET FOR KINGSHIP OF ENGLAND KUPO!!!!

I have to say yeah, I've never bought an anime from HMV. Far too pricey, I rarely even buy normal DVDs there except in sales and even then it's generally more expensive, a sacrifice I make because I want something NOW usually.

For people who frequent these forums it wouldn't really matter if there's no hmv (amazon, play etc are always cheaper, except the odd bargain in a instore sale) but it would be a blow for the industry. Don't forget the more causal fan who makes up most of the market. They don't necessarily use the internet, and like to browse. people like this making impulse buys has always been a big part of the UK market. So no hmv means less money for the anime companies which bottom line means less money to spend on licenses etc.

Same as the other guys who've commented here, I'm not worried. Any time I look at anime, or any other DVD for that matter, in HMV I walk away and buy it online for a lot cheaper, often from their own online store. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've bought more anime VHSs in HMV than anime DVDs. In other words, before there were many online stores :D (Gah, feeling old now)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I have to say yeah, I've never bought an anime from HMV. Far too pricey, I rarely even buy normal DVDs there except in sales and even then it's generally more expensive, a sacrifice I make because I want something NOW usually.
That's HMV the store. HMV the site is much better. They send out pre-orders a week in advance.

Can't remember the last time I purchased something instore at HMV - I don't often go in there either (not since the company I work for moved out of the city centre).

I tend to buy more Region 1 dvds/Region A blu-rays anyway as there is more choice (not just anime but live action like Criterion releases).

mangaman74 said:
I tend to buy more Region 1 dvds/Region A blu-rays anyway as there is more choice (not just anime but live action like Criterion releases).

ahPtU.jpg

Back