The Gundam Thread

just a one more question i hope
A metal file would work but Sandpaper is better. Metal files tend to leave marks on plastic.
do you think something like this would be perfectly safe for sanding the extra bits off

seems to be the best value in terms of price and sheets, others offer more sheets but at a higher price than buying a couple packs of these to fill the same count

just a one more question i hope

do you think something like this would be perfectly safe for sanding the extra bits off

seems to be the best value in terms of price and sheets, others offer more sheets but at a higher price than buying a couple packs of these to fill the same count

If i could make a recommendation, I'd suggest this pack from amazon.

It contain mlutiply grits up to 3000. I tend to use 3 different grits to get a cleaner finish.

You'll need more than one grade of sandpaper to get rid of the plastic nubs: a rougher one to get rid of most of it, a finer one to smooth out any scratches you caused to the surface, and an extremely fine finishing one to return that patch of plastic to the same level of gloss as the rest of the piece. Sanding sticks are a lot easier to work with than sheets of sandpaper.

I've used the following set on a few things, and they work great (don't ask me why it has some random item description for something else).

Random thought with that Gundam 0079 remake movie. I wonder if they are just planning for it to follow after the more recent Origin movies more naturally, narratively speaking. Feels like a waste of time otherwise and personally I'd rather see them continue the UC than going back to the one year war again.

So I’ve finally seen Gundam seed Destiny… and waiting till I got the BD (cos I thought I would never watch it again) was absolutely right it’s rubbish….
Shinn worst MC Ever, not enough Athrun and not enough Lacus and everyone was stupid. Everyone was so stupid and annoying, and the villain was the villain from the OP credits and then in ep 47 someone says if they didn’t do X we would be on his side no he was obviously villainous and there’s clones and some Destiny plan involving peoples DNA’s planning there entire life. It’s messy af, loves flashbacks in ep 50 there was even time for flashbacks, none of the characters really evolve they seem to be back where they were when SEED ended. I just hope the long awaited film fixes the train wreck Destiny made this timeline I found original fun bad like it was a remake of 0079 that didn’t Hide that and this was just rubbish. Maybe worst Gundam if I didn’t hate NT as much I do and victory for confusing me just as much as this does.
6/10.

So over the last few years there's been a massive wave of Gunpla scalping in Japan, making getting kits very difficult for fans the world over.

Bandai's recently announced plan to stop this? Telling online stores that ship internationally not to sell outside Japan...yeah.

As far as I'm aware HLJ is the only major online retailer refusing to comply.

So over the last few years there's been a massive wave of Gunpla scalping in Japan, making getting kits very difficult for fans the world over.

Bandai's recently announced plan to stop this? Telling online stores that ship internationally not to sell outside Japan...yeah.

As far as I'm aware HLJ is the only major online retailer refusing to comply.
HLJ are a good service. Now I like them better.

Is there any news or idea of when gundam seed destiny is coming out on ultimate edition? Still got my dvd's from over 10 years ago and want to replace them.

Is there any news or idea of when gundam seed destiny is coming out on ultimate edition? Still got my dvd's from over 10 years ago and want to replace them.
I think it came out in the US late last year so I would imagine not too far off. But I'm not 100% on that.

I've heard a lot about Gundam, but new to anime

If I was to watch it is there a particular series to watch first?

There are two ways to tackle it imo.

The first is the UC version of Gundam (UC stands for Universal Century which is the name of the time period the show is set in) which could be considered the "main story arc" of the whole franchise and has had few series and movies. It's a bit overwhelming to get into as it's such a long running show, but if you go in with the mentality of "I don't care about that, I'll just start from the begining and see if I like it/catch up one day" it's certainly a fun watch.

The easier way would be the AU Gundam (AU stands for Alternate Universe and is exactly as it sounds) these are individual seperate shows not tied in any way to the main UC and run for only 1-2 seasons on average. There are a good number to choose from as well including the upcoming one posted above.

It's very much as @Vincentdante said. What I'll add is that of the AU shows released on blu ray over here by AL Iron Blooded Orphans is easily my favourite (and my favourite Gundam show I've watched). 00 is also excellent. Then Seed and lastly Wing (which I appreciate is nostalgic for many but it doesn't hold up for me anywhere near as much as the others)

If you do choose to watch the UC stuff then in order is best though that does mean starting with an anime made in 1979 and while excellent is certainly dated in some respects (especially the animation) so you millage may vary. Gundam The Origin is a more recently made prequel to the original show so can be a good starting off point to get a feel for the universe. That was the first Gundam I ever watched and I now own all of ALs releases so it obviously worked.

My favorite entry in the UC is Thunderbolt: December Sky, a stand alone 70 min film, that can be enjoyed in isolation. You wont fully appreciate the larger framework the story is set in but you can still follow that films story by itself and its probably the best looking Gundam I've seen.

It's very much as @Vincentdante said. What I'll add is that of the AU shows released on blu ray over here by AL Iron Blooded Orphans is easily my favourite (and my favourite Gundam show I've watched). 00 is also excellent. Then Seed and lastly Wing (which I appreciate is nostalgic for many but it doesn't hold up for me anywhere near as much as the others)

If you do choose to watch the UC stuff then in order is best though that does mean starting with an anime made in 1979 and while excellent is certainly dated in some respects (especially the animation) so you millage may vary. Gundam The Origin is a more recently made prequel to the original show so can be a good starting off point to get a feel for the universe. That was the first Gundam I ever watched and I now own all of ALs releases so it obviously worked.

My favorite entry in the UC is Thunderbolt: December Sky, a stand alone 70 min film, that can be enjoyed in isolation. You wont fully appreciate the larger framework the story is set in but you can still follow that films story by itself and its probably the best looking Gundam I've seen.
I finally sat down and watched my Origin blu-rays this month and on reflection I think it makes for an excelent starting point so I agree with this.

Back