The great Best Girl debate

Right, well. I had to tackle this question with the level of clear thought and maturity it deserves, so I basically pitted my favourite girls against each other in a big battle of Top Trumps.

I swear I didn't go into this with any particular bias, even if it looks like I did.

mfUSKsq.jpg

i3kE3Um.jpg

QZ6s4oX.jpg

rtuC730.jpg

By now, it's clear some are breaking ahead of the pack. Elimination time, also time to start awarding or deducting more points to get this over with.

0eZuS9z.jpg

YZfGrpt.jpg

And there we have it. Misago, who my forum namesake is slightly obsessed with is also apparently my best girl. That was in no way what was in my mind when I chose the name all those years ago. Funny how these things go.

I've never taken the whole best girl/waifu thing seriously, and I mean, sure, she's not from an anime (unless you count the dream universe in my head where KyoAni made a 100+ episode Yotsuba&! anime...), but Fuuka Ayase is a venerable ichiban shoujo in my eyes.

NBG0z2Y.png

Also, obligatory: "Kaiki is best girl."

Hmm Oscar-sama (RoV) can never be deposed so it's difficult to think of a better female from a more modern series.

In Monogatari it would be Ougi (if we ignore the fact she might not qualify at times).

Best Love Live girl? Obviously Nozomi.

R

I mean, the answer is objectively Karen.

1. She's from England, so you wouldn't have to speak a foreign language to communicate with her
2. She's also nigh fluent in Japanese, by High School age, no less, meaning she's must be really quite intelligent too!
3. She's adorable:
35ffd5677cb9dbe78f21c74bd1443fe41449155348_full.jpg
4. She does a great Jotaro Kujo cosplay:
29lijEYBMUZuYx8AtCm5ll.jpg
5. She endeavours to help her friends:
tumblr_noicrnlll01s0ifhgo2_500.gif
6.Great with animals:
c8a53d5d6af2c9abc3181d2a46cf3c72.jpg
7. Gives hugs:
tumblr_mppo6iwHsk1sq9yswo1_500.gif
8. She is a pirate, and not the filthy anime pirate kind, either:
Y9PXqKX.gif

So yeah, unless you can beat an adorable, intelligent, kind-hearted, huggable, cosplaying, cat-loving pirate, then I'm afraid that Karen is the best girl.

Although I really love Maki a bunch too, don't tell Karen!

You all can keep your girls. My Waifu will always be the same...

44b63163909640a3aac25a038aa178cc.jpg

Right, well. I had to tackle this question with the level of clear thought and maturity it deserves, so I basically pitted my favourite girls against each other in a big battle of Top Trumps.

I swear I didn't go into this with any particular bias, even if it looks like I did.

mfUSKsq.jpg

i3kE3Um.jpg

QZ6s4oX.jpg

rtuC730.jpg

By now, it's clear some are breaking ahead of the pack. Elimination time, also time to start awarding or deducting more points to get this over with.

0eZuS9z.jpg

YZfGrpt.jpg

And there we have it. Misago, who my forum namesake is slightly obsessed with is also apparently my best girl. That was in no way what was in my mind when I chose the name all those years ago. Funny how these things go.

I like this math.

Right, well. I had to tackle this question with the level of clear thought and maturity it deserves...
That was mighty. :D

For me, one name comes to mind...
Um... Okay, so another name came to mind.

That name is Nodoka Miyazaki from Negima!? (SHAFT's "series 2" re-imagining of Ken Akamatsu's manga).

The voice provided by seiyuu Mamiko Noto is an important part of the character, for me. *sighs wistfully*

Nodoka's best friend in the show, Yue Ayase, is great as well.

She's got one of the most elaborate hairstyles in anime, and she has a quirky hobby as a connoisseur of carton drinks. I like that, and I absolutely love the show. It's hilarious. :D

Last edited:
I'll throw someone into the reckoning of the best girl debate, she needs no introduction, the one and only...Rebecca Lee
14746246259090.png

Reasons for my choice boiled down to...

1. She's Always ready to protect against evil doing forces.
maxresdefault.jpg

2. She's Always up and at 'em at the start of a new day.
maxresdefault.jpg

3. She's Always willing to give her friends a warm welcome.
Gender_556d90_5794794.jpg

4. She Prefers to give, rather than to recieve.
(She can also speak multiple languages!)

5. She is known to be good with 'Two Hands'
bldvd107.jpg
750.gif

6. Like all best girls, she display's a various amount of complex facial expressions.
2l8ap2t.jpg

black_lagoon_omake061.jpg

I+haven+t+seen+this+level+of+small+time+idol+worshipping+_2522df102091d31ed980cd7be8624aba.jpg

Finally...She does it all for...
IMG_153392.png

So here's to you Radical Revy-chan you awesome slightly hot-headed for-hire service worker you!

2106558-revy.jpg

She's available for bookings every Tuesday and Thursday!
e7f30bcabc1ba030a5eba904a6c338be.jpg

This is turning into a great picture gallery. :)

There's still someone missing who needs to be here, though:

Mayuri Shiina from Steins;Gate.

Becoming acquainted with Mayuri, with her sunny personality and cheerful "Tutturu!" greeting, is the very thing that makes the show's turning point so genuinely upsetting to watch.

Another favourite Kana Hanazawa-voiced character of mine is Shiemi Moriyama from Blue Exorcist. Her school-uniform debut lives long in the memory! ;)

UBCMeBc.png

Excuse my ignorance...

In @ayase's grid, I only recognise Revy from Black Lagoon and Kei from Dirty Pair. Who are the rest?

The word epic is oft overused but there's no other way to describe that post. Bravo.

Pre-Prison School I would have struggled as you did, but now there can only be one.

dF0Dl0l.png

Back