The General Conversation Area

I was checking out ticket prices for ghost at the O2 next month for two people £109.70 with fees my dads guesstimate of the total cost would be £140 I'm not paying that much and I think the O2 is owned by live nation.

Oh and the cheapest tickets price is £54 per person and highist is £115 per person

Ticket prices for concerts are wild nowadays (especially at arenas). I used to go to loads of concerts, but I just don't think they're worth the money now.

Once you add up the cost of the actual ticket, all the random fees that get added on, the price of drinks (even soft drinks) and the cost of transport/parking (then about £35 for a t-shirt if you want), it all makes a very expensive night out.

Then if you're at an arena show, you could spend most of the night watching someone on a screen (depending on what kind of seats you've got).

If people can afford all this and enjoy it, cool - but most of it is just too expensive for me now.

Yeah it's a lot. Tool tickets are £100 for the worst seats in the arena. I like Tool, but I don't like them that much.

However, there are a lot of bands that are affordable tickets. I have seen bands that in indie circles are very highly regarded for £10 a ticket. I am seeing a German metal band called Ruins of Beverast for one of their very few UK shows ever for only £20, and this band is highly regarded.

Tricot, travelled all the way from Japan, are playing walking distance from my house, and it is £15.

The big names know they can charge a mint and get away with it, but there are still a lot of lesser known but equally impressive bands that will not do that.

The last live concert I went to was in 2017, to see Jean Michel Jarre on his Electronica Tour, in Philadelphia. We paid $550 US for just a pair of tickets, but they were well worth the cash - front row seats only 20 feet from his laser harp. Wow, what an experience!

The last live concert I went to was in 2017, to see Jean Michel Jarre on his Electronica Tour, in Philadelphia. We paid $550 US for just a pair of tickets, but they were well worth the cash - front row seats only 20 feet from his laser harp. Wow, what an experience!
I've seen him once 1993 at Wembley stadium than again at Wembley arena in the late 90s and the last band I got to see was Judas priest at high voltage festival at Victoria park that was a two day festival which is also my local park.its In the East end of London.

Yeah it's a lot. Tool tickets are £100 for the worst seats in the arena. I like Tool, but I don't like them that much.

However, there are a lot of bands that are affordable tickets. I have seen bands that in indie circles are very highly regarded for £10 a ticket. I am seeing a German metal band called Ruins of Beverast for one of their very few UK shows ever for only £20, and this band is highly regarded.

Tricot, travelled all the way from Japan, are playing walking distance from my house, and it is £15.

The big names know they can charge a mint and get away with it, but there are still a lot of lesser known but equally impressive bands that will not do that.

I seem to remember you saying we live in the same area and I've had similar luck every now and then as you describe, seen some great lesser-known bands here for around £10 a ticket or at least under £15 :) I used to go and see Electric Six every year when they played here (they probably still do I've just become more of a homebody 😅) and I saw Dick Valentine/Tyler Spencer perform solo and got to meet him and he kissed my forehead! Also they had a great support band called Massive Horse for a few years who were always friendly to me at the shows :)

i'm looking at getting some protective cases for soundtracks that have an obi card and are in quad cases, has anyone had any experience with using these?

Hey question for the crowd. Been looking to sell my PS4 since I have had a PS5 for over a year but was being lazy. But it occured to me, could I hack it to be a region free player similar to the PS3? I've done some digging but there is precious little when it comes to what PS4 custom firmware can do so I thought I would ask to see if anyone knows?
I guess this can't be done on the PS4. I've looked everywhere but the only advice people have given is to rip the discs onto a plex server, that sucks but I guess I'll just sell the old PS4 after all.

half way through my Smallville on blu-ray boxset now, decided to see how much anime on blu-ray i've got to watch at this point in time since the only anime i watched this year on blu-ray was 3 seasons familiar of zero and i regret everything

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.jpg

i have 5 24/26 episode and 6 12/13 episode shows
i usually tend to limit it to 3 episodes a night to avoid too much burnout

Pfft! I'm sure I have at least 300 seasons of anime completely unwatched in my physical collection - enough to last me the rest of my life. I shouldn't even be buying any new anime. I've been trying to cut way back this year, spending my money on anime posters instead.
just as long as Girl in the Twilight and FlipFlappers aren't in that unwatched pile we'll be A Okay

Pfft! I'm sure I have at least 300 seasons of anime completely unwatched in my physical collection - enough to last me the rest of my life. I shouldn't even be buying any new anime. I've been trying to cut way back this year, spending my money on anime posters instead.

Likewise, although my pile probably isn't as large there is enough anime there to last me a couple years without buying anything new.
Depending on my watch-rate. One good thing with the various lockdowns in the last 2 years is that I did manage to watch quite a lot, not like I could do much else in the evenings etc.

I have cut back on how much I buy so I can focus on whittling down my physical on-disc backlog, not sure how much I've got left to watch, it is quite a bit but could be "worse" (or at least be way more of a challenge than it currently is). Considering that I'm watching a lot more shows subbed again now it will take longer, not sure how many months/years worth of content there is there but maybe like IDK one or two years worth? :)

Made the most of the sunny spring weather this afternoon and headed for a walk. Might have overdone it at 16 and a half miles to set a new personal best for longest single walk (did nearly 19 miles last Saturday around Winchester but that was split over 2 walks with an hour gap). That was rural walking on rough ground (dried mud/grass/woodland paths/loose stones) so probably harder than walking on nice smooth(ish) tarmac etc.

Gonna be feeling that walk over the next couple days with my legs!

I have cut back on how much I buy so I can focus on whittling down my physical on-disc backlog, not sure how much I've got left to watch, it is quite a bit but could be "worse" (or at least be way more of a challenge than it currently is). Considering that I'm watching a lot more shows subbed again now it will take longer, not sure how many months/years worth of content there is there but maybe like IDK one or two years worth? :)
it's not so much that i'm buying too much it's just usually when i rewatch american shows i do it on and off in sync with anime but i've been waiting like 6+ years to rewatch smallville in HD so it kinda took priority and this crazy train ride hasn't finished yet
maybe i'll get to that copy of Keijo i got one day

Back