The General Conversation Area

Oh are electric razers good? I had a cheap one a while ago and wasn't too impressed so I normally wet shave, but perhapes looking into a good electric razer might be worthwhile, especially since I have generally thick facial hair.

oh gosh - I have to replace the blade cartridge on my Braun shaver about every 6 months, even though they say it should be every 18 months - and my facial hair is very light to begin with.
i only use it every couple days so it probably lasted me longer but the cheapass in me says use it til it breaks even if i suffer lol but this one kinda had a piece of metal metal poking up and caused a big scratch to the face so i had no choice lol
Oh are electric razers good? I had a cheap one a while ago and wasn't too impressed so I normally wet shave, but perhapes looking into a good electric razer might be worthwhile, especially since I have generally thick facial hair.
not sure what the one i have is but it was £30 and works pretty well, takes like an hour to charge for i'd say roughly an hours usage so none of this all day charge for 15 minutes use most of them have

Posted on Reddit.

Transparency: I am quoted in this article; follow /r/openrightsgroup for more information on this appalling Bill. The Bill contains measures for

Ministers to curb “legal but harmful” content, with a Parliamentary rubber stamp
To specify takedown technologies for illegal content.
Measures to create a two tier system of “anonymous” and “verified” users, where the latter can en masse block all “anonymouș” users on the basis they are more likely to be trolls (or victims of abuse, LGBTQ people trying to protect their identity, etc)
Age verification will be mandatory for sites such as Google search and Reddit, before adult content is made available to users.
Read more at gov.uk

Posted on Reddit.

Transparency: I am quoted in this article; follow /r/openrightsgroup for more information on this appalling Bill. The Bill contains measures for

Ministers to curb “legal but harmful” content, with a Parliamentary rubber stamp
Measures to create a two tier system of “anonymous” and “verified” users, where the latter can en masse block all “anonymouș” users on the basis they are more likely to be trolls (or victims of abuse, LGBTQ people trying to protect their identity, etc)
Age verification will be mandatory for sites such as Google search and Reddit, before adult content is made available to users.
Read more at gov.uk

That's awful :( Thankyou for bringing it to our attention though.

Posted on Reddit.

Read more at gov.uk
I dunno what to entirely make of this, but on the surface I dislike the move against free speech (our country doesn't support it anyway though). That first line is censorship pure and simple.

The Government really want us all to start using VPN's I guess.

Posted on Reddit.

Read more at gov.uk

Use of VPNs to pretend you are based in another country where the rules don't apply will become more popular

I'm a plank. I thought the lens on my Playstation 2 had died on me because I kept getting the "Please insert a Playstation format disc" error on every game I tried today. So I disassembled it, dusted the PCB with compressed air, cleaned the lens with isopropyl, started reassembling it... and only then realised that I was using the wrong PS2 for those games. I have two: a UK and a US one. I assumed so unwaveringly that it was the UK one I had hooked up that I never thought to check the label until I happened to notice it during the reassembly. Even the fact that the console still had an intact warranty sticker (and I knew I'd disassembled the UK one before) didn't tip me off.

So yeah, there was nothing wrong with it. I'd just forgotten that PS2s act like you've put a non-Playstation disc in when you try to use a disc coded to a different region.

I'm a plank. I thought the lens on my Playstation 2 had died on me because I kept getting the "Please insert a Playstation format disc" error on every game I tried today. So I disassembled it, dusted the PCB with compressed air, cleaned the lens with isopropyl, started reassembling it... and only then realised that I was using the wrong PS2 for those games. I have two: a UK and a US one. I assumed so unwaveringly that it was the UK one I had hooked up that I never thought to check the label until I happened to notice it during the reassembly. Even the fact that the console still had an intact warranty sticker (and I knew I'd disassembled the UK one before) didn't tip me off.

So yeah, there was nothing wrong with it. I'd just forgotten that PS2s act like you've put a non-Playstation disc in when you try to use a disc coded to a different region.
depending on your model you can use mechapwn and turn the US console into a region free system without any modchips, i think it has a better chance on slims over phat models tho

Just fishing for a few more reaction scores, I see... ;) 😄

Lol, I remember closely watching my counts when my reactions were catching up to my posts - and I'll have to admit my recent slew of anime poster posts helped my reaction count a bit, although that was not something I had planned to do on purpose... 😇

I think WMD and Neil.T have some penultimate reaction scores going on, there, though, along with Normanic... They're just so likable, heheh... 👍

Last edited:
Just fishing for a few more reaction scores, I see... ;) 😄

Lol, I remember closely watching my counts when my reactions were catching up to my posts - and I'll have to admit my recent slew of anime poster posts helped my reaction count a bit, although that was not something I had planned to do on purpose... 😇

I think WMD and Neil.T have some penultimate reaction scores going on, there, though, along with Normanic... They're just so likable, heheh... 👍
Haha me and @Neil.T have definitely been helped along by being involved in so many simulwatches! They're a great place to mine for likes!

I'll have to admit my recent slew of anime poster posts helped my reaction count a bit
Hah, you're too kind with your compliment, buddy. I see you're now sitting 7th in the overall table and gaining ground.

You're a well-established figure on these forums now, so your count's only gonna keep climbing. 📈👍

(I can hardly believe I'm still up there in the table despite not having posted very much recently. How? 😅)

Haha me and @Neil.T have definitely been helped along by being involved in so many simulwatches!
Yeah, I think you're right there, dude. I know I've dished out a good number of thumbs-ups as I've been catching up on a day's simulwatch posts and also seeing alerts for reactions in my own notifications as well, so definitely.

Actually, here's an open question for y'all: what's the biggest number of likes you've ever gotten from a single post? I think mine was a post about winning a copy of Metropolis on Blu-ray in a competition. I had a look back, and it turns out I broke into double figures with that one. That was really unexpected.

Hmm, well speak of the devil, I just now discovered there is a Highest Reaction Score list under the Members tab... Look like HWR has the lead by far, yet. Oh, and I'm actually not too far behind in the crowd - I guess I'll have to go into hiding for awhile, haha!

I've had a few posts where I got 11 or 12 likes at least, but I have no idea what my most likes in a post were, though.

Last edited:
Actually, here's an open question for y'all: what's the biggest number of likes you've ever gotten from a single post? I think mine was a post about winning a copy of Metropolis on Blu-ray in a competition. I had a look back, and it turns out I broke into double figures with that one. That was really unexpected.
I don't know if its my most or not (I kind of hope not as its not really me saying anything) but my post sharing MVMs license announcement today has 10 likes 😜

finished up season 6 of Smallville last night, i was thinking i could probably hit the end of 10 by the 10th anniversary of the last episode airing but the new season of anime has it all like
b32535cafeb8cd3121752f40ab487694.gif

Back