The General Conversation Area

Facebook just reminded me it's been a year since I saw Promare at the cinema! (and three years since I saw Princess Kaguya at the cinema)
Would love to see Promare on the big screen again one day, definitely a film that needs to be seen on a big screen.

Woot! Got my first affiliate coins from Bookwalker. A whole 6 coins! I was trying to work out how that worked and I'm guessing it's 1% off a book @ ¥600 which probably a sale item as their books are mostly 790 or 1000 yen.
Cheers to whoever followed one of my links. 🍻

Randomly started playing on my PSP again after rebuying some of the DJMax games last year and it's pretty painful in the charging department going back to a device that takes around 3-4 hours to charge and only gives me 3-4 hours of battery life when i've had fast charging for the last 5 or so years that fuly charges within an hour or so.

Shame Sony never released some sort of home console that you could connect a PS2/PS3 controller up to similar to the PSTV because the video out requires the console in your hand and connected to the tv and even worse is it's not fullscreen instead you get a double letterboxed screen.

Randomly started playing on my PSP again after rebuying some of the DJMax games last year and it's pretty painful in the charging department going back to a device that takes around 3-4 hours to charge and only gives me 3-4 hours of battery life when i've had fast charging for the last 5 or so years that fuly charges within an hour or so.

Shame Sony never released some sort of home console that you could connect a PS2/PS3 controller up to similar to the PSTV because the video out requires the console in your hand and connected to the tv and even worse is it's not fullscreen instead you get a double letterboxed screen.
I had a PSP, that system had so many things going against it. Bespoke memory cards, charger, cables, etc. Also I remember having painfully long load screens with the UMD discs.

I had a PSP, that system had so many things going against it. Bespoke memory cards, charger, cables, etc. Also I remember having painfully long load screens with the UMD discs.
for years i had to battle with a 4gb card and the near end of line game that gave you install options until around 2-3 years ago when i discovered you can get these adapters that let you use micro SD cards so i got a 64gb card and ripped all my games to it, games read a hell of a lot quicker and i no longer have to put up with the angry crow umd noises

Are there restrictions to pm certain members?
I just tried it and it wouldn't let me.
If you click on your own avatar pic and then "Privacy" from the menu, there's a set of options at the bottom under "Allow users to…"

One of those is "Start conversations with you". It can be set to "Members only", "People you follow" or "Nobody", so it's probably related to the settings of the person you were trying to PM.

Grumble... it appears that FedEx has lost my parcel or something, says it was delivered and signed for but nothing arrived.
This is exactly my worst fear with FedEx, especially because it almost never gets delivered by 6pm like the tracking states. So I’m always refreshing to check it hasn’t gone back to the depot or handed to some stranger or whatnot. Wish it was like Amazon where you can actually see how far away the delivery is.

View attachment 16167
Why would I want a guaranteed exchange rate and then pay more for it.
Because that exchange fee is gonna be far cheaper than your banks exchange fee plus their non-sterling fees, especially if you’re making a few purchases. You’ll pay an exchange fee either way but by paying Amazon’s you’re paying it up front and cutting out an other fee at the same time.

This is exactly my worst fear with FedEx, especially because it almost never gets delivered by 6pm like the tracking states. So I’m always refreshing to check it hasn’t gone back to the depot or handed to some stranger or whatnot. Wish it was like Amazon where you can actually see how far away the delivery is.
I phoned and talked to customer services noting that I have CCTV and the so called signature on the delivery confirmation does not even match my name. They informed me they will phone the delivery driver and get them to 'redeliver'. Anyway he eventually showed up a few hours later, just handed over the parcel, without saying anything, slammed the door and left. I guess he received a complaint via the phone.

Back