The General Conversation Area

So 'Forest Bathing' is basically going for a walk up the woods.... gotcha šŸ˜ So when I walk around Tesco is that taking a 'Supermarket Shower' šŸ˜…
In the show they had a load of benches set out in a clearing where you're supposed to lay down and "bathe" in the forest using all 5 senses, so more of a snooze in the woods šŸ˜‰

Despite ā€œRoyalsā€ being a blocked topic on my news app (along with ā€œCelebritiesā€ and ā€œPiers Morganā€) Iā€™m getting a lot of headlines about Prince Harry ā€œfollowing in Dianaā€™s footstepsā€ in a minefield...

I mean presumably, thatā€™s so he doesnā€™t step on a mine.

Overall it seemed quite respectful, certainly she was more open to the idea of Idols than Stacey Dooley was!
Gordon Bennett, I remember that "documentary" of hers. šŸ™„

Step 1: Walk into a maid cafƩ.
Step 2: Walk up to a customer and enquire which maid is his favourite.
Step 3: With the camera now firmly trained on him, ask him "Does she give you an erection?"

There may have been some additional questions thrown in somewhere around step 2 in an attempt to pass off what she was doing as "journalism", but...

I mean, I'm not particularly a fan of the whole maid cafĆ© idea myself, but come on. šŸ˜©

Hi all, long time no speak. My works internet doesn't seem to like this site, never lets me access. I'm working from home though so here I am :)

How are we all?

My mental healths been awful the past few weeks; relationship issues. Took myself on a date couple of weeks back, had a bonfire latte, brunch at The Ivy and saw Downton Abbey in the cinema. I loved it :)

Hi all, long time no speak. My works internet doesn't seem to like this site, never lets me access. I'm working from home though so here I am :)
How're you settling in to your new job Dani? Business Analyst wasn't it?
A lot of people don't like working from home but I get so much more done without people asking me stupid questions :)

I'm doing alright with it, I still feel like I'm not doing enough yet but I'm getting thanks and feedback and stuff so I duno, I'm a big critique of myself. There's more I'm to do but so far in the timeline for me it's not called for/needed yet. It's been a month and a half but feels like ages. It's been really useful working from home as I've been able to not wash my hair, stay in sweatpants, no makeup etc as well as not having to fake I'm ok being in the world. I an starting to get all eugh over going in the office so I know I need to try and maintain some office presence now before I turn into a hikikomori lol.

My next self date's gonna be on Saturday hopefully, more food and seeing Joker :D

How long have you been working from home for? - you ever office based at all?

I went from the end of 2015 to the beginning of 2018 WFH and going in to the office once every five or six weeks for a 20 minute catch-up, then back home right afterwards. That can get to you when you get used to not going anywhere then have to go in for very little reason. :confused:

At the beginning of last year though someone at work got the impression that I was dead and my manager didn't find it as funny as I did and decided I should go in to the office at least one day a week which wasn't nice. :(
People don't mither you when they think you're dead though its ace.

I've shifted role again though and I've been in this new team for a couple of weeks now and they don't mind when you go in as long as you get your work done and go in if they actually need you there.

Gordon Bennett, I remember that "documentary" of hers. šŸ™„

Step 1: Walk into a maid cafƩ.
Step 2: Walk up to a customer and enquire which maid is his favourite.
Step 3: With the camera now firmly trained on him, ask him "Does she give you an erection?"

There may have been some additional questions thrown in somewhere around step 2 in an attempt to pass off what she was doing as "journalism", but...

I mean, I'm not particularly a fan of the whole maid cafĆ© idea myself, but come on. šŸ˜©
Oh no, Iā€™m getting flashbacks. That really has to go down as one of the most sensationalist, dehumanising pieces of cr... ā€œjournalismā€ Iā€™ve had the misfortune to witness. The whole gist seemed to be ā€œWhy canā€™t the Japanese keep their perversions to themselves, like us well adjusted and not at all repressed Brits?ā€

Oh no, Iā€™m getting flashbacks. That really has to go down as one of the most sensationalist, dehumanising pieces of cr... ā€œjournalismā€ Iā€™ve had the misfortune to witness.
We might just have witnessed the birth of "crurnalism" with that. It was definitely more "witness the witless" than it was "witness the fitness". (Yes, that was an outdated Roots Manuva reference there.)

But there was also that other nonsense bit, wasn't there, where Dooley looked at a model on a shop poster or a magazine cover (I can't remember which) and said something like "If you told me she was 12, I'd believe you."

Which surely only proves the lengths she would go to to cater to her own misconceptions.

I don't really like her and my sister told me a bit about it so I've not seen the programme before. Don't intend to really but it doesn't sound the best.

Back