The General Conversation Area

Rain rain go away
Come again another day
Most people think you are gay
Perhaps another time I might let you stay
But for now, rain rain go away

I’m probably related to Shakespeare... like a valleys Shakespeare

I haven't actually watched it yet, so not sure how cringy it is or not.
At the beginning she was walking towards Shinjuku Crossing (towards not across at that point) and said that Japan feels "alien". The thing that annoyed me though is that the area she was wandering about in is not unlike any major city.
I felt sorry for the people she was talking to though - they must've thought she was mental :(

Nope, it looks like central Manchester. There's a Disney Store over the road from her.
It's easy to think the way you do if you've been there, done that and bought the t-shirt, but I just think it's ignorant to assume that someone should be automatically well adjusted to their unfamiliar surroundings. London has always felt alien to me, let alone a major eastern city.

Also noted: compare any major city to central Manchester - got it 👍

Also noted: compare any major city to central Manchester - got it 👍
10 Minutes beforehand looks like New York (Columbus Circle specifically) and not much further looks like Paris but cleaner. It's nothing to do with the fact I've been there though. Lots of major cities are very similar in that respect.

said that Japan feels "alien"
To be fair she said Tokyo, not Japan. It was also prefaced with "it's like any other city" and later talks about the cleanliness and order even with so many people. Alien was probably the wrong word, "a difference I can't put my finger on" was probably enough.
Overall it seemed quite respectful, certainly she was more open to the idea of Idols than Stacey Dooley was!

Just watched the second and last episode. A lot of stuff I've seen in other shows Geisha, old ladies diving for shell fish, a short bit on Hiroshima and the bullet train. But then some interesting stuff on trying to solve the loneliness and declining birthrate problems.
Plus a slightly cynical Brit being bewildered by a Maid Cafe when all she wants is a tea 😅

Went for some "forest bathing" of my own today in the New Forest and found these guys:
pigs.jpg
Sure sign that Autumn is coming. They get released on the forest to eat the acorns that are poisonous to the ponies.

So I'm thinking about having some custom made stainless steel wall shelves
107 inches x5
42 inches x4
And powder coated to match my shelving units.
I wonder how much it will cost?
Still I think they will look great.

"Forest Bathing"? Please don't tell me it involves some degree of nudity....
Nah, it's something developed in Japan that I saw in the Sue Perkins show 👆
I didn't really do it properly, just went for a bit of a stroll, but as the weather has been poor on my week off it was the first chance I've really had to get out of the house, bar going to the shop, since my last shift last Friday!
More here:

Back