The General Conversation Area

Anyone else here a fan of Front Row with Mary Beard? Jeez I love Mary Beard.

And anyone a fan of Only Connect? It makes UC (University Challenge not Universal Century) seem easy in comparison, and I've never got a question right so far. I love the host, she's so quick witted.

Anyone else here a fan of Front Row with Mary Beard? Jeez I love Mary Beard.

And anyone a fan of Only Connect? It makes UC (University Challenge not Universal Century) seem easy in comparison, and I've never got a question right so far. I love the host, she's so quick witted.
I've tried watching Only Connect but never even get an answer, wrong or right. I don't understand the question even when I see the answer. 😒
Victoria Coren Mitchell is great though, I used to like watching her play poker. 🃏

I was 8 in 2005 and didn’t have a clue what anime was.

“If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I’d have started collecting manga sooner, and watched more anime.”

I watched Beyblade, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Ultimate Muscle and Yu Gi Oh as a kid back when I thought they were cartoons. Didnt knowingly watch an anime until I tried Bleach in 2012 aged 20. 😊

I was 8 in 2005 and didn’t have a clue what anime was.

“If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I’d have started collecting manga sooner, and watched more anime.”
When I was 8 I was busy digging holes in the garden and chewing on Action Man hands 😂

I watched Beyblade, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Ultimate Muscle and Yu Gi Oh as a kid back when I thought they were cartoons. Didnt knowingly watch an anime until I tried Bleach in 2012 aged 20. 😊
Naruto was my first anime, and I discovered it back in 2014 aged 16. Strange to think I’ve only been watching anime for five years and yet it’s basically taken over my free time (and room space ;))

When I was 8 I was busy digging holes in the garden and chewing on Action Man hands 😂
Similar comparisons can be made to me growing up in the mid 2000s versus the kids of today. I had a fat TV with a video player built in and a PS2 and it was everything to me. Kids today have HD TVs and next gen gaming and iPads. Who knows what future generations will have access to.

Similar comparisons can be made to me growing up in the mid 2000s versus the kids of today. I had a fat TV with a video player built in and a PS2 and it was everything to me. Kids today have HD TVs and next gen gaming and iPads. Who knows what future generations will have access to.
That's true. Being a kid in 70's meant no electronic devices at all. If we wanted to journey in space, fight monsters, go on adventures etc, we had to rely on something called an imagination. It's amazing what you can do with a stick and a dustbin lid 😊

Back