The General Conversation Area

I wanted to get this t-shirt but my lady loves x-mas and said there's no way :(

11927303-1274621381912719.jpg

I never grew up celebrating it so for me it's just a season of really terrible ear worm music that you can't seem to avoid, rubbish tv & excessive expenditure.

Look @Teapot, the perfect shirt for you! (and yes I will disown you for buying one).

I really like Christmas even despite the hassle it causes. I like most holidays though, so I guess I'm just sentimental...

For me Christmas is eating dinner, getting festively merry and opening and giving some gifts. There’s a few Christmas specials I like to watch and some traditions to uphold (the Vice City/Shippuden combo) and now that Robbie Rotten gif I’ll make a yearly thing too as a tribute to Stéfan.

Some people do take things a bit too far though, I think I heard that bloody Mariah Carey song before Halloween had even had its day!

Before I lost my late mam my parents had a caravan set up near my Scouser brother, we would have dinner with him (whichever other brother wasn't in work near Christmas) I think last time the Scouser stayed at ours but I don't remember doing much, no ones said anything about coming or going though so it's just two single atheists in the house this Christmas which makes it mean ??? I don't know.

Look forward to my haberdashery sharing some Christmas cheer and a sort of Christmas card here closer to the day based off I don't know... goblin slayer? Otherwise I'm not sure that I'm doing anything at all

I like Die Hard and watching @Demelza and the rabbit open their presents. And Christmas dinner, I guess. The rest of it I can do without, really. :p
I'm not a massive lover of dinners, but on Christmas I do make the exception. I don't have loads of people to buy for, but it's still something I can do without. I don't particularly expect anything gift-wise, and I'm making a conscious effort these days to just not consume so much pointless "stuff". My Mum has a habit of just wanting to buy small, gimmicky things I can well do without, so I put my foot down this year.

d7160b8bddc1778b0a35dc42dfcc5e9c--christmas-carol-vintage-christmas.jpg

It's the busiest time of the year at work. Some people order enough crap to last months, but we only don't deliver for 3 days! And the store itself is only closed for one day.
It's the amount of waste people must have from buying so much food. For me as well, it's the needless buying of sweets and confectionery - it's too much!

I have some great memories of Christmas when I was a kid. Aunts and uncles, who I'd never seen, would buy me hai karate gift sets containing talc and aftershave. I never knew what a 7-8 year old was supposed to do with aftershave 🙄

I've started to question the logic of some companies, specifically Amazon as over the past few weeks I've purchased an external hard drive, a webcam, a pair of braided USB cables (because the protective whatever on the cable that came with my now garbage phone was starting to fall apart exposing the cables) and a 3.5mm splitter that allows me to use a headset with separate audio and mic connectors on devices that only have a single 4 pole 3.5mm socket.
Today I received an email from Amazon business stating that these purchases are classed as for work and I should be using a business account instead.

I've started to question the logic of some companies, specifically Amazon as over the past few weeks I've purchased an external hard drive, a webcam, a pair of braided USB cables (because the protective whatever on the cable that came with my now garbage phone was starting to fall apart exposing the cables) and a 3.5mm splitter that allows me to use a headset with separate audio and mic connectors on devices that only have a single 4 pole 3.5mm socket.
Today I received an email from Amazon business stating that these purchases are classed as for work and I should be using a business account instead.
Amazon have gone off the deep end recently. It's like they don't even realise they have competition any more and everyone will just put up with their crap. Almost everything they sell is now more expensive to pre-order than it is if you wait a couple of weeks until after release when you can usually knock £2-£5 off the release date price, sometimes even close to a tenner. Also making certain products only available to purchase by Prime customers, even if said products aren't on sale or discounted. They are doing nothing to retain my business at all.

Back