The General Conversation Area

Totally, I get what you're saying there, I understand the need for doing the tests to rule out specific things, but there seems like there's too much of a reliance on them and not enough of taking patient's individual symptoms into consideration. It's just about listening more, as you've said, which I don't think they do enough of.

Regarding the injection, I hate bringing anything up about it these days. I just go in, get it done, and get out, I don't even bother talking about it because I feel like even when they ask me about it, they're doing it as a sort of pleasantry; not unlike how Brisith people ask, "Hey, how's thing?" - we don't really want to know, but we're just asking because it's obligatory...

I'm no expert but they seem to make out that too much hydroxocobalamin can be toxic, but then I've read articles that state it's actually a water-based protein and any waste is excreted with urine, so it's impossible to over-dose on it. Somehow I don't see how bringing it forward two weeks would be that harmful, but then, I'm not the expert. There are people who self inject and give themselves weekly injections!

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT a medical expert!!!
Ultimately everything is toxic in a high enough dosage. It ranges from water being least likely to harm up Botox which really doesn’t take much to be leathal. At least according to the ld50 scale. Naturally I’ve not gone around testing these things myself.

I was also under the impression that excess was excreted. How quickly it’s excreted I don’t know but shortening the gap marginally I don’t really see being a problem. Maybe it’s time to be pushy with them?

Urgh sorry HP & CL I tried reading your back and forth "medical diary" but I felt my eyes going. Day 7 of an 8 day stint of 12 hour shifts. That and I do think I need glasses.
Medically, I haven't been to the doctor in a while but my nose often feels dry or blocked and well, my eyes are rugby ball shaped, at least it's what I heard last tine I seen an optician

Urgh sorry HP & CL I tried reading your back and forth "medical diary" but I felt my eyes going. Day 7 of an 8 day stint of 12 hour shifts. That and I do think I need glasses.
Medically, I haven't been to the doctor in a while but my nose often feels dry or blocked and well, my eyes are rugby ball shaped, at least it's what I heard last tine I seen an optician
I take it that means you have ketataconus? I would also recommend that you do see the optician regularly. Take my word for it; you don’t want to go losing sight if it can be avoided.

I take it that means you have ketataconus? I would also recommend that you do see the optician regularly. Take my word for it; you don’t want to go losing sight if it can be avoided.
I love that our Cult Lewder is also a Dr. Dr Lewder!

It does. I admit that much. Fancy paying for me to go to med school?
This needs to happen. We need a cult Dr!

Sweet salted f***. The fire alarm went off and management has taken 10 mins off my break for it!
What? That's rubbish! :rolleyes:

I work 5 hours a day but occasionally, I do full days if it's to cover sickness/holidays. I don't get a break since the mailroom needs to be manned the whole shift but I do get paid for the full 8 hours.

Refuse to obey and have your break anyway? Seems like they shouldn’t be able to cancel your break because of the fire alarm.
They are a rule unto themselves. I worked a month on the behest of the bosses only for them to tell me I should be keeping an ear out for what my shift manager wants me to do - who told me what he wanted the day before the bosses had me work the month!

They are a rule unto themselves. I worked a month on the behest of the bosses only for them to tell me I should be keeping an ear out for what my shift manager wants me to do - who told me what he wanted the day before the bosses had me work the month!
That’s just utter bollocks. Blow up your workplace?

Back