The General Conversation Area

So that fox in my garden? Saw her again but this time she was prowling around looking for something I thought I was watching Kanon again lol then she goes to where I pre sume the den is and emerges with 6 cubs!?! 6! What a dickhead of a father to leave her with 6 cubs aye aye aye.

Ugh 2 hours armed with a kitchen knife getting all the damn frost out of the freezer, I should have turned that knife on my brother as he never does it and i think he's the main culprit of why it happens too. Oh Well best I could do, I've earnt a hot cuppa and time to watch monmasume. I'm way.it for the plot, honest!

6 Cubs what a little Vixen, and he's a Dog for not sticking around. You should leave some jam sandwiches out for them.
Man just straight dipped for months now I know why haha. Tbf I do feel sorry for her she looks exhausted I was walked past her in the garden and she was laying there trying to sleep, she opened one eye saw me and didn't move and went back to sleep. Usually when ever she sees anyone she just runs away.

Also the cubs are not allowed to come out the bushes, one of them started following their mom and she told them off and they quickly went back in the bush haha. S/He is that mommy's boy/girl cub. One cub is also the attention seeking one, he is just rolling over the place "look at me look at me" and then you have the one edgy cub always by himself, he was standing on a rock at the back just looking at his brothers and sisters messing about "I am too cool for this". Rest seem normal.

Yah I had an eventful day off yesterday haha.

I don't think we have any Jam, Nutella do?

I don't think we have any Jam, Nutella do?
I don't see why not, they'll pretty much eat anything.

Feed your garden foxes | Discover Wildlife

Ugh 2 hours armed with a kitchen knife getting all the damn frost out of the freezer, I should have turned that knife on my brother as he never does it and i think he's the main culprit of why it happens too. Oh Well best I could do, I've earnt a hot cuppa and time to watch monmasume. I'm way.it for the plot, honest!
You should have borrowed your brothers wife's hairdryer, makes defrosting the freezer much easier

Got most the parts for my arcade machine now and I'll be putting the top coats of paint on today. I've had a disasterous time with monitors though. So far I've bought 2 separate ones on ebay from dishonest sellers who lied about their condition... both listed as grade A (one claimed just like new) but the first had over 12 dead pixels and the second has a load of small scratches on the screen. Because I don't live near a post office and the public transport sucks it takes at least 5 hours out of a day to return the damn things. I think I might push to get my travel expenses back too as it's over £5 on the bus.

Got most the parts for my arcade machine now and I'll be putting the top coats of paint on today. I've had a disasterous time with monitors though. So far I've bought 2 separate ones on ebay from dishonest sellers who lied about their condition... both listed as grade A (one claimed just like new) but the first had over 12 dead pixels and the second has a load of small scratches on the screen. Because I don't live near a post office and the public transport sucks it takes at least 5 hours out of a day to return the damn things. I think I might push to get my travel expenses back too as it's over £5 on the bus.
Quite hard to find the monitors cheap. There's only 2 reasons they are ever second hand: someone's got a new cutting egde one or it's broken in some way

That seems ludicrous, especially the travel time. Definitely seems worth trying to get travel expenses back too.

On a side note where do you live? In the middle of a lake? Or just as far from people as possible?

Quite hard to find the monitors cheap. There's only 2 reasons they are ever second hand: someone's got a new cutting egde one or it's broken in some way
I'm using 5:4 19" for my arcade cabinet, mostly after an old Iiyama or Dell but in good condition screen wise, I don't want to spend a huge amount though (can normally get good ones for under £50). Businesses sell them off a lot, I know when I worked for a big company we used to get new monitors everytime we got a batch of new base units & the old ones would be sold off to a reseller.

@Phobos

I wish :p I hate living near people. I live in a small village.

hmm... I'm wondering now, I'm thinking of starting that bloody roar haberdashery but I haven't done the research yet, would anyone like to help me do some? all you'd be doing is linking stuff like what happened to the developer, just finding stuff like that, much quicker research that way

Does anyone know if there's any issues with using an external blu-ray player that has been imported from the US to play UK Blu-rays on my laptop (from technical obstacles to region codes)?

Does anyone know if there's any issues with using an external blu-ray player that has been imported from the US to play UK Blu-rays on my laptop (from technical obstacles to region codes)?
Sometimes it depends on the program your using. Powerdvd asks which region you want to use when it sets up, and I've found a free one that doesn't have the limit on changing the region that powerdvd has. Using pc/laptop drives are the slowest way to play your blu rays though, it's like nobody has properly supported the feature for years

You can also install kodi as that has the ability to override the drives region coding with whatever region you want (both DVD and blu-ray) although I'm not sure if it'll work with the geo locked discs.

To clarify - I'm not looking to play US blu-rays but to play UK ones on an external drive from the US

Bizarrely, importing the player from the US is notably cheaper than buying in the UK.

And yes, I know that they play slower than using a blu-ray player on the TV. But I like to watch stuff in private and the TV in our household is anything but private, and the player is plugged in in such a way that I can't move it... And I would need a sound system which I could plug my headphones into as well...

Last edited:
Normally they don't have any region coding set out of the box (if by external drive, you mean one that connects to a computer) and if there is, then the program I suggested will allow you to override that with what you want to use without changing the actual region coding on the drive.

Back