The General Conversation Area

I don't think anyone is bothered by people just chatting and having a laugh in here - Hell, that's what this thread was made for.

At the same time, don't feel like you're not able to contribute to anime & manga discussion, even just thoughts about things you're watching or have watched are always appreciated. You might not want to write verbose reviews and analyses but everyone has thoughts and opinions and the more of those from different posters, the better.

Thanks again, much appreciated. It's been a while since I've watched a credible amount of anime, and I'm only just getting back into it, so I guess it's pretty intimidating when many folks here seem have so much in their arsenal! I'm pretty picky about what I like as well, so I doubt my collection will ever end up as big as some people's on here :p

If I can contribute anything though, then that's cool ^^

I don't think anyone is bothered by people just chatting and having a laugh in here - Hell, that's what this thread was made for.

At the same time, don't feel like you're not able to contribute to anime & manga discussion, even just thoughts about things you're watching or have watched are always appreciated. You might not want to write verbose reviews and analyses but everyone has thoughts and opinions and the more of those from different posters, the better.
Don' forget tha' our little community loves throwin' recs at anyone! Aya you've probably learnt by now that an anime community is one of the most welcoming out there, it can be annoying to be swarmed by the community though and some strict fandoms can really put you off, as Neil learnt durin' 'is stint on an EVA forum

I didn't know making mutable post in a row was taboo
I wish someone would have told me
The dreaded double post!

Don' forget tha' our little community loves throwin' recs at anyone! Aya you've probably learnt by now that an anime community is one of the most welcoming out there, it can be annoying to be swarmed by the community though and some strict fandoms can really put you off, as Neil learnt durin' 'is stint on an EVA forum

The dreaded double post!

Oh dude, y'all have been decent with me, I can't thank enough! I left a forum I was on in the past because of so much toxicity; I don't get that here. People are respectful and civil here, and I appreciate that! It's more of a consciousness on my own part - I'm no "expert" on the subject (of anime), and I literally own one anime (well two since Ghibli is anime, right?), so I'm no seasoned veteran, but despite that, people have let me join in their discussions, for whatever it's worth! My life has been a bit c****y as of late, so I came here in the hope of just reaching out to some like-minded folks and for a bit of a laugh, maybe even make some friends since I've had none for so long! So, it's been invaluable as a place to come to just cut loose of an evening and engage in a bit of silly nonsense ^^

Oh yeah, I can imagine the more niche fandoms being pretty "elitist" (well, some people anyway, and you'll probably find that anywhere to be fair), but yeah, some people take this **** WAY too seriously! It's a cartoon at the end of the day, it's not real, the characters don't exist in real life XD I get that these things have an impact on our lives and all, but my God do some people just need to get a grip!

Thanks dude ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
hooray! I've just got my new bank card! an' i's contactless, no more caveman payments for me! now, to plunder my coffers with lots of anime...
I've also got a rough idea of what I can do for the rest of my images, yup it's paint again but also GIMP! here's the first result
HUDDone1.png
ohohohohoh, delightfully devilish, cap'n!
UPDATE, BWYT
Uurrgh, I done all them images I wanted same way as above. I did want a bit of an in joke but thanks to the layout of GIMP I did a Gif completly backwards. now for the fun part! the write up! TBH I'm gonna take a break for now but I'd be in work from tomorrow night, there's quite a lot I want to say about imagining this as a game, and I don't think it will be done all at once. adding more and more to a draft, I'm gonna try an' finish this by the end of the week

Last edited:
Back