The General Conversation Area

I remember trying to get my maths teacher to move me into the foundation class becasue I was struggling, and instead she insisted I was fine and just moved me next to someone who was supposed to "help" me but didn't. I also thought it was really demoralising having the fast-trackers in the same class as us (the intermediates) - way to rub it in that they're smarter than we are!

You see, this is one of those times home education has its advantages. I never had class! :p

I remember doing that stuff in geog; going round town collecting data to show which part is the busiest, even though you can clearly SEE which part is the busiest XD
Dude that was exactly what we were looking forward too! Essentially a whole day of messing about but bloody pictures from Google! Wtf.

Ultimately I guess the biggest thing this shows us is just how uncaring the teachers are. Seems unfair they wouldn’t let you sit the higher tier paper though.
She based it off my CWK since I got a C on that and was like "this clearly shows you are at a foundation level" but she completely disregarded my class work and mock tests etc and I was like what logic is that and she was like "I am the teacher I know what is right etc" so from then on in I never gave a crap about her lessons and just studied on my own. Bothered me so much I still remember haha

Guys, I am an anime. I don't know how to feel about this.

a_beginning_by_professor_irony-dc2rqmt.jpg

Dude that was exactly what we were looking forward too! Essentially a whole day of messing about but bloody pictures from Google! Wtf.

She based it off my CWK since I got a C on that and was like "this clearly shows you are at a foundation level" but she completely disregarded my class work and mock tests etc and I was like what logic is that and she was like "I am the teacher I know what is right etc" so from then on in I never gave a crap about her lessons and just studied on my own. Bothered me show much I still remember haha

This is the thing with schools; it's all about grades and following the curriculum "by the book". Too much focus on numbers and not on individual performance. I get that they don't have a one size fits all approach, especially in state-funded schools, but the quality of teaching is shambolic to say the least. It's no wonder kids these days are so stressed with so much focus on grades. I remember our geog teacher essentially telling us that if we don't do well in the exams then we won't get into college and we'll basically fail at life. Not exactly in those words but it was pretty much the sentiment. It's no way to teach; you're a teacher but dear God be a compassionate human as well!

This is the thing with schools; it's all about grades and following the curriculum "by the book". Too much focus on numbers and not on individual performance. I get that they don't have a one size fits all approach, especially in state-funded schools, but the quality of teaching is shambolic to say the least. It's no wonder kids these days are so stressed with so much focus on grades. I remember our geog teacher essentially telling us that if we don't do well in the exams then we won't get into college and we'll basically fail at life. Not exactly in those words but it was pretty much the sentiment. It's no way to teach; you're a teacher but dear God be a compassionate human as well!

But isn’t selling of ones soul a necessity of being a teacher?

But isn’t selling of ones soul a necessity of being a teacher?

Probably; most of our teachers were souless husks. We had a few nice ones, and wierdly enough, they were usually the ones that ended up leaving or becoming pregnant. I thought, "okay, Mr Chapman, don't bother helping me understand physics, you go off on your expedition to Peru, leave me here to try to work out how things work!" XD

Probably; most of our teachers were souless husks. We had a few nice ones, and wierdly enough, they were usually the ones that ended up leaving or becoming pregnant. I thought, "okay, Mr Chapman, don't bother helping me understand physics, you go off on your expedition to Peru, leave me here to try to work out how things work!" XD

Maybe his going to Peru was an attempt to teach you the physics of how planes work? :p

Back