The General Conversation Area

Is the cycling part of the work or is that just the commute? A German who doesn't own a car can't be right... :p
Commute. If I don't get as much exercise as that (actually it's still too little) I get into quite some trouble. But outside of commuting I can't get myself diciplined enough to actually just do it. (Especially in this weather.)
And btw. since I am Chinese by blood this rule may perhaps not count. =P

No snow here (Not that I would ever expect any due to living right on the coast). It is cold and chilly today though. Have put up my Christmas lights as well.

My mums supposed to be working a night shift in the local hospital but our cars and most of the roads are snowed in so there apparently sending the Red Cross to pick her up in what I assume is a sledge and remainder ( I'll be very disappointed if it's just a big car with four wheel drive)

My mums supposed to be working a night shift in the local hospital but our cars and most of the roads are snowed in so there apparently sending the Red Cross to pick her up in what I assume is a sledge and remainder ( I'll be very disappointed if it's just a big car with four wheel drive)

The dreaded red cross... They crucify you on it and you're dragged by destriers to your destination whilst the salvation army marching band follows behind playing Christmas tunes....

No more snow was forecast here, no further snow is forecast here. And yet, my skylight is slowly but surely being covered by pretty sizeable snowflakes. Putting my Shadow avatar back was clearly a good move.

Think I'll go and stand outside just to make the most of it.

I didn't think the US could top electing Trump, but apparently they've now elected Dougie Jones.

ayqeYQl.jpg

Trying to pre-order something from Amazon that won't be released for two months: We're sorry but this Amazon locker is currently full

Is it still gonna be full in mid February? Oh well, I'll try the other one nearby: This Amazon locker is temporarily out of service

What Adam said - I prefer using 'em since if whatever I'm ordering won't fit through the letterbox and there's no guarantee I'll be home to receive it, I'd rather a 5 min walk to an Amazon locker than a 25 minute trek to the postal depot.

I don't know what things are like in Germany, but I'm always in awe of the particularly intelligent postal system they have in France, where everyone has a big metal safe-like postbox most parcels can fit in, you have a key to open it and the postman has a skeleton key that opens them all, so you've basically got your own Amazon locker built into the wall of your house. In the UK of course we would never dream of implementing such a sensible, rational idea - Far better to make the postman write out a card and take the parcel back to the depot so you have to collect it or re-arrange delivery.

Last edited:
How did this go?
They wrote, I could still place an order, with my address (card holder address) in the form and add the shipping address to the comment box. They would sent it there then, but the goods would not be covered for loss and damage. Stuff got sent with tracking and everything appears to have arrived perfectly fine.

Back