The General Conversation Area

Okay so if you remember this post I made back in December 2015, you'll know that I've been using the cross-trainer every weekday as a simple way to exercise after putting on so much weight from University. During 2015 I spent about 28 weeks doing this with mostly no breaks (some days were taken off due to various events). But I still continued throughout 2016 and after spending a further 33 weeks on it, totalling about 61 weeks, I managed to lose some more weight, yay!

December 2015 post recap:
Back when I returned from Uni (late May) I realised I put on too much weight, heck I've been like this for the past decade and a half. I said enough was enough and decided to spend every weekday on the cross-trainer because it's the only machine in the house that'll help and I don't want to go to the gym (too far away in my area anyway, plus I don't want to spend stuff). I was around 14 st 5 lb when I started. At first it was tough as expected, and I started slow with a couple kms until a few weeks later when I was able to manage 10km each weekday for numerous weeks.

Fast forward to 28 weeks later (December) I'm now 12 st 13 lb. This is the first time in a couple years that I've managed to hit that point. Also put on some muscle on the arms, didn't realise until around October time.

Line graph of progress.
CWhA_ZBW4AAbuiE.png:large
I'm currently taking the next two weeks off due to Xmas Holidays, but I can't wait to see my friends reaction when they realise the difference.

Back to normal post:
So what does this mean basically? Well back in December I reached 12 stone 13 pounds. Now I'm 12 stone 2 pounds. It ain't much considering the time frame but bare in mind that I've been gaining muscle on my arms and legs as well in addition to the fact that it does get harder as it goes along.

Me and my Dad decided to have a chart where we each try and reach a milestone within a certain amount of time. Reaching these milestones is actually how I've been getting the cash to buy some of the anime sets over the past year. And after reaching the latest (and final) milestone I got more funds to spend on anything. It's the final milestone because I have to return to University in a few weeks time so having the final few weeks off is nice.

In terms of appearance I honestly look exactly the same (because every time I wear clothes no one generally notices my weight, hence why they don't think I'm overweight when I am), so when I return to Uni I'm curious to see if anyone notices since I haven't actually communicated with anyone aside from you folks and Twitter followers during my year out (well aside from a few folks).

Also you're probably wondering what I eat/drink etc. Honestly it's normal food, but I gotten used to water with flavour and meals that average 300-500 calories (M&S have some neat ones).

Anywho, here's some more charts!

Weight_Loss_2016.png

Weight_Loss_Overall.png

Okay so if you remember this post I made back in December 2015, you'll know that I've been using the cross-trainer every weekday as a simple way to exercise after putting on so much weight from University. During 2015 I spent about 28 weeks doing this with mostly no breaks (some days were taken off due to various events). But I still continued throughout 2016 and after spending a further 33 weeks on it, totalling about 61 weeks, I managed to lose some more weight, yay!

December 2015 post recap:

Back to normal post:
So what does this mean basically? Well back in December I reached 12 stone 13 pounds. Now I'm 12 stone 2 pounds. It ain't much considering the time frame but bare in mind that I've been gaining muscle on my arms and legs as well in addition to the fact that it does get harder as it goes along.

Me and my Dad decided to have a chart where we each try and reach a milestone within a certain amount of time. Reaching these milestones is actually how I've been getting the cash to buy some of the anime sets over the past year. And after reaching the latest (and final) milestone I got more funds to spend on anything. It's the final milestone because I have to return to University in a few weeks time so having the final few weeks off is nice.

In terms of appearance I honestly look exactly the same (because every time I wear clothes no one generally notices my weight, hence why they don't think I'm overweight when I am), so when I return to Uni I'm curious to see if anyone notices since I haven't actually communicated with anyone aside from you folks and Twitter followers during my year out (well aside from a few folks).

Also you're probably wondering what I eat/drink etc. Honestly it's normal food, but I gotten used to water with flavour and meals that average 300-500 calories (M&S have some neat ones).

Anywho, here's some more charts!

Weight_Loss_2016.png

Weight_Loss_Overall.png
Lol, how do you look the same regardless of weight? What kinda clothes do you wear?

The disappointment of discovering something you want has gone out of print over the last few months and is now 10x what it normally cost is still so painful.

That sucks, what was it if you don't mind me asking?

Eureka Entertainment Masters of Cinema Blu Ray release of Bakumatsu Taiyo-den. June 4th it was under £12 on Amazon, now it's almost £70. It's also available nowhere on the internet lol.

Unfortunately I tend to neglect my Asian Cinema hobby for long periods of time while I'm collecting Anime and as a result I miss out on some great releases of stuff that I would totally buy now if I could. Same thing happened with the Criterion release of Chungking Express, which I keep hoping will come up on eBay for about <£50 when I actually have the money available.

This has happened with Anime as well but thats normally me wanting to get something years after the fact, like the Manga Ent DVD of Devilman for example.

This is good: Cult of Girls, Series 4, Four Thought - BBC Radio 4

But it's interesting, listening to this, it sounds like that despite the amateur manga scene being dominated by women, male otaku prefer to avoid them and that the male and female manga fandoms are very separated despite the obvious shared ground of being manga nerds. Can there really be as little solidarity as this (and the general evidence) suggests? I guess this supports my view that there is too much specific gender targeted manga/anime, although obviously it sounds like the male oriented stuff is the bigger problem.

This is also good if you have time to listen to a longer lecture by the same person: Schoolgirls, Money and Rebellion in Japan | University of Oxford Podcasts - Audio and Video Lectures

My Uncle goes there alot, the photo's make it look like a really nice place. Apart from living in Germany for abit I've never left the UK, in fact it's rare I get off the Isle of Wight actually lol

Back