The General Conversation Area

I've always refused to use eBay's global shipping programme as a seller, as I just don't trust it. It's not that hard to go to the post office and say "Can I post this to country x please?"

I wouldn't trust Ebay's global shipping programme at all due to the trouble i had with them over the summer. I ordered 3 items from the USA, 2 from one seller and 1 from another, all to be sent separately to avoid customs.

Well the first one i ordered was actually Sankarea LE set that a few people on here bought as well, once the tracking shows it's in the UK at the sorting place, it said it would out for delivery never showed up on that day gave it another week to see if it would arrive, still nothing. Ended up having to contact the company in charge of ebay's GSP, Pitney Bowes and found out the parcel had gone "missing" so i managed to get a refund for the item and the postage paid, god knows how it could go missing when it's meant to be out for delivery, i'm guessing it was just stolen.

The other two were nightmare as well, it showed them both as being delivered to my house even though i was in the day they were out for delivery and nothing was delivered or a card left. Yet again i had to contact Pitney Bowes, turns out they delivered the parcels to the wrong address. A week later I finally got my items, not in the best shape and the parcels had been opened which was abit annoying.

So after my nightmare with ebay's GSP i'm never going to use them ever again and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If i want something from the USA through ebay i'd rather pay for the normal post they use.

So my parcel has been handled by WNdigital, then 13ten and now it's in the "safe" hands of Yodel, who don't expect to deliver it until Friday, this is pathetic. Next time I buy off ebay, i'll be asking the seller if they can send it via USPS instead.

I noticed that Asendia finally decided to track my first Rightstuf package after dispatching last Wednesday. Unfortunately it turns out that for the past week nothing happened at all. So I contacted Darklord (aka Shawne Kleckner, the Rightstuf guy) to see what's up and he was able to figure out the situation. Pretty much it's a busy month and Asendia have certain days dedicated to dispatching things, my parcel has left Chicago and will hit the UK soon enough. He also told me that my second Rightstuf package should dispatch later today.

In addition he gave me a free Got Anime membership to make up for what happened (I wasn't expecting it, but it certainly will help out with future orders). Now that's why everyone loves Rightstuf, they care for their customers.

I don't know if it's still the case now but iirc when they first established their GSP it was actually activated by default in the sellers' options and most of them had no idea. They'd only realise it through international customers complaints.

Back when I returned from Uni (late May) I realised I put on too much weight, heck I've been like this for the past decade and a half. I said enough was enough and decided to spend every weekday on the cross-trainer because it's the only machine in the house that'll help and I don't want to go to the gym (too far away in my area anyway, plus I don't want to spend stuff). I was around 14 st 5 lb when I started. At first it was tough as expected, and I started slow with a couple kms until a few weeks later when I was able to manage 10km each weekday for numerous weeks.

Fast forward to 28 weeks later (December) I'm now 12 st 13 lb. This is the first time in a couple years that I've managed to hit that point. Also put on some muscle on the arms, didn't realise until around October time.

Line graph of progress.
[spoilerbutton]
CWhA_ZBW4AAbuiE.png:large
[/spoilerbutton]
I'm currently taking the next two weeks off due to Xmas Holidays, but I can't wait to see my friends reaction when they realise the difference.

Well done! It's pretty hard to stick to routines like that, but seeing the results at the end tends to be worth it. :thumb:

When I lived at home a couple of years ago I was far more physically active than I have been since moving to Leeds and ultimately I ended up putting on a fair bit of weight recently as well. The last straw was when I found my winter coat, that I bought last year, was too tight when I tried it in October, have been doing a 2 mile walk three times a week since and am quite happy with the results. :D

I tend to spend Sunday's working or going around town with friends, so that works out nicely as an extra bit of activity on top of my routine. I probably won't see as much benefit from the walking once I get a bit fitter, but by that point it should keep the extra weight off and keep me in good health anyway.

It's always nice to hear success stories when it comes to weight loss from other people. I hit the same point as Grav last year, but my approach has been pretty different in comparison. I wouldn't say I've done anything proactive to lose weight other than being a bit more active, but I managed to lose 3 stone over the last 12 months solely from cutting things out of my diet. I haven't touched crisps or fizzy drinks at all for over 12 months and if you have the willpower to do so I couldn't recommend it enough. The difference it's made to how I feel on it's own is like night and day.

Demelza said:
The last straw was when I found my winter coat, that I bought last year, was too tight when I tried it in October, have been doing a 2 mile walk three times a week since and am quite happy with the results. :D
You'll be even happier when you put that winter coat on only to find that it's far too big!

Sicko work, Grav. I went from ~200lb to ~155lb around three years ago and it was definitely the best thing I've ever done. Good luck keeping the regime up!

NormanicGrav said:
it's the only machine in the house that'll help
I do also hate it when my machines refuse to help around the house though, who do they think pays their keep?!

Good work Grav! Losing weight is probably something I need to do but I don't really have the motivation. I went to the gym for about a month last year but that didn't last too long.

Yowanda-san said:
Does anyone really want Clinton to win either though? It's no secret that she's pro TTIP and advocates internet censorship as well.
The corporate money was behind Bush and Clinton, Bush is done for so I'm confident only Clinton can win. Let's not pretend democracy isn't a total sham. I think if I had to choose between rampant crony capitalism with a slight twinge of conscience and rampant crony capitalism with no conscience at all I'd go with the former. That's been the choice at least since Carter left office and with the grip the media have on the minds of the people now, it probably will be for the foreseeable future. At least until the Americans decide to exercise the real rights that come with the ability to bear arms as powerful as those held by the police and army. Why the left in the US is so anti guns I have no idea. If I was an American leftist I'd be encouraging my comrades to buy more guns and learn how to use them better than the right. But then the left has gotten horribly soft everywhere.

Yowanda-san said:
I mean, hasn't something gone kind of wrong at some point when you fear the state and your own people?
Seems pretty healthy to me, especially mistrust of the authorities. The knowledge that the people have the power to remove them, by force if necessary, acts as a sword of Damocles hanging constantly over their heads. That seems necessary to liberty in my opinion, if you remove the sword and actually put it in their hands they can do whatever they want against the wishes of the people with zero consequences.

Back