The General Conversation Area

Yep, at a supermarket. Will be something new for me as I'll be working twilight hours, 8pm-1am. Not tried it before but sounds up my alley, I hate early mornings and I'm normally up late anyway. It's also quite literally on my doorstep, about a 5 minute walk away, if that.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Yep, at a supermarket. Will be something new for me as I'll be working twilight hours, 8pm-1am. Not tried it before but sounds up my alley, I hate early mornings and I'm normally up late anyway. It's also quite literally on my doorstep, about a 5 minute walk away, if that.

That sounds pretty good. I assume there's a bonus for defeating thieves and robbers? Just kidding there.

As for me I tried to apply for a Xmas job with my local HMV last month but just recently they told me that I unfortunately didn't get it in the end despite stating I was available for November too. Oh well.

Just shelf stacking mainly. If anyone asks where to find something I have to show them (and seeing as the shop shuts at 11, I probably won't do that often) but it isn't on the tills or anything.

So I watched the new trailer to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Do yourself a favour and DON'T WATCH IT!

The new trailer suffers from the exact same problem that Amazing Spiderman 2 and Terminator Genisys had - spoiling big events like it was nothing.

Despite the first half of the trailer is fine enough but the second half I recommend you just turn off. I'll still see the film but I'm disappointed that the marketing team did that.

Couldn't help myself. Watched the trailer. Looks good. Didn't think the spoilers were that bad. Terminator Salvation was a big spoiler. Incase anyone hasn't seen the film.We wasn't meant to know Marcus was part machine, part human until the reveal part way into the film, except the trailer and posters had shown him with metal showing

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Get myself another Job today. Only a temporary position until the end of January but it's better than nothing. Will be happy to have an income again, I can start buying more anime :p
A bit late, but congrats on the new job. Having something more recent on your CV might help you get your next job.

NormanicGrav said:
Here's something rather entertaining.

Someone asked Donald Trump that if he can get 100,000 retweets then Trump will stop running for President. Donald Trump accepts the challenge, claiming it will never happen.

Well guess what.
On one hand, obviously fake. On the other hand, not sure if that matters in terms of what it says about society these days.

Does any reasonable person actually want Trump to drop out? All he's going to do is split the right wing vote and let the centrist Democrat candidate in (since he's apparently not giving up even if he doesn't get the Republican ticket), which is probably the best we can hope for from the US these days. Most hilarious of all is the way the Republican party is merrily burning like the White House in 1812 and it's all a result of petrol they themselves have been sloshing about for the past decade.

I think the only thing the GOP can actually do to stop a Hillary victory at this point is to send Trump the way of JFK.

Bloody international shipping. My RIghtstuf sale order has been with UK customs since the 10th with no update, and now two items shipped via Ebay Global Shipping programme have gone walk about, been in the UK since the 9th, and no update on tracking since then

To say i'm annoyed is an understatement :mad: I want these by the end of the week.

As an aside, teh Toradora set I posted a few days back was actually posted out after all these but via standard USPS post and delivered to me via Royal Mail! Ebays shipping programme is pathetic, they're using the cheapest couriers they can, and the service sucks, i've never even heard of 13-ten or WNDirect! Apparently, if i'm luck, Yodel or Hermes might get involved too! Amazing!

My Blue Exorcist sets were posted out on the 9th by the same seller who shipped me Toradora, I would put money on that arriving before the rest of this stuff.

Back