The General Conversation Area

st_owly said:
Early shopping is fine. What I more object to is Christmas cards etc going on sale in August.

You know the best bit? Work here has all the christmas biscuits/sweets out and such already. The kicker here is, they have Mince Pies on sale too.....but they go out of date mid october XD It's rather ridiculous

Arbalest said:
st_owly said:
Early shopping is fine. What I more object to is Christmas cards etc going on sale in August.

You know the best bit? Work here has all the christmas biscuits/sweets out and such already. The kicker here is, they have Mince Pies on sale too.....but they go out of date mid october XD It's rather ridiculous
I heard about the Mince Pies being on sale from a friend. Who the hell would buy Mince Pies at this time of year!?

memorium said:
Arbalest said:
st_owly said:

I heard about the Mince Pies being on sale from a friend. Who the hell would buy Mince Pies at this time of year!?

Err...not me that's for sure ¬_¬

Yeah i've seen mince pies in the co op and stuff.

Oh no GolGotha! Whoop I was right but also boo I'm right. It was what always ended up happening to me is all. Nice little warning for when the sh*ts going to some. Hope they've gave you some penecilin (sp) and it goes soon!

Started my new job. Casual clothing, nice team, projector screen, pool table, foosball table, latte machine etc all in the office. Yeah buddy! The works looks hella easy though, someone on my team who I used to work with about 3 years ago called it "insultingly easy". I guess I can enjoy that for a year perhaps, more money, easy work, yeah I'll take it as this team's been nicer to me in two days than the people in my last dept were.

NO ONE cept 4 people in my 6 person team (inc me) came for leavers drinks for me. Made me happy I was leaving.

I'm going to try and afternoon post as I really don't want to disappear on here. I think once I get PC access I can still do the internet on lnch of I wish, just need to double check :)

Myself and the rest of the committee in Visual Arts Society (Anime/Manga/Games etc.) went to the activities fair to recruit members (like any other society does). We managed to get around 80-85 people to sign up, wow.

-Danielle- said:
Oh no GolGotha! Whoop I was right but also boo I'm right. It was what always ended up happening to me is all. Nice little warning for when the sh*ts going to some. Hope they've gave you some penecilin (sp) and it goes soon!

DR diagnosed me over the phone as they were too busy to see me, prescribed me 'Phenoxymethylpenicillin' last Friday, but since then it's gotten worse, so I called him back on the Monday and he said it might be glandular fever instead and has booked me in for a blood test today (Wednesday) ;_;

It's seriously frustrating me now, been taking co-codamol, paracetamol, ibuprofen & lozenges repeatedly for about two weeks now and my stomach can't take much more of it. Gargling salt water doesn't even calm it down either. Also having to sleepwith a flannel on my head as I keep getting a 'fever'. Bah.

Edit: Came back from my blood test, results won't be back for another week though, which is rather frustrating. What was weird, is that the blood gathered inside the tube looked rather 'bubbly'...

st_owly said:
When I rule the world, all things Christmas will be illegal until the 1st December.

1st?

Make it the 24th and I will vote for you (and the slow trams) :)

People will be free to buy stuff, but it won't be advertised and Christmas music will be banned until the 24th.

Boo you scrooges! Christmas starts for me in september, has done ever since I was a kid. Going back to school after the summer holidays all miserable, the only thing to look forward to was the end of term and then it was christmas!!

Circling items in catalogues hoping your family would see what you like, it's magical. I just miss Woolworths :( loved going in there as a kid coming up to christmas, they even had their own little christmas catalogue full of gift ideas that I loved!

Oh my gosh GolGotha, I hope you're alright <3 It's a shame you feel so poorly, I can only imagine!

britguy said:
I just miss Woolworths loved going in there as a kid coming up to christmas, they even had their own little christmas catalogue full of gift ideas that I loved!

Yes!! Woolworths :cry: I do love Christmas.

GolGotha said:
-Danielle- said:

DR diagnosed me over the phone as they were too busy to see me, prescribed me 'Phenoxymethylpenicillin' last Friday, but since then it's gotten worse, so I called him back on the Monday and he said it might be glandular fever instead and has booked me in for a blood test today (Wednesday) ;_;

It's seriously frustrating me now, been taking co-codamol, paracetamol, ibuprofen & lozenges repeatedly for about two weeks now and my stomach can't take much more of it. Gargling salt water doesn't even calm it down either. Also having to sleepwith a flannel on my head as I keep getting a 'fever'. Bah.

Edit: Came back from my blood test, results won't be back for another week though, which is rather frustrating. What was weird, is that the blood gathered inside the tube looked rather 'bubbly'...
Hope it is nothing serious and you get better soon.

st_owly said:
When I rule the world, all things Christmas will be illegal until the 1st December.
Most people like time to spread their Christmas shopping so I say start on November 6th (after Guy Fawkes' Night, or Bonfire Night). I also don't agree with Easter Eggs being available January/February time. There should only be stuff on the shelves for one holiday at a time.

oh no! get well soon Owly!

i have a feeling it's soon going to get me, seeing as I willed it for the last 3 weeks of my notice in my old place to no avail and i feel sh*t in my nose head and throat today. I reeeeally can't get ill now, this will only be my second week at my new place! saying that, i'm hoping if/when i get ill, my manager will be the kind where if i physically look like crap, she'll tell me to be off as at least my 2nd to last manager in my old place did that.

i hate not being active on here atm, literally have NO access at all at my new place yet. can't log in a phone or pc, don't exist on Outlook and I'm expected to handle friday on my own doing what I've learnt. get me my damn access then!!! lol.

miss y'all and hope you're all doing ok and get well soon/feel better if you're not :)

After 2 weeks of settling in the new flat I'll be officially starting my 2nd Year of University tomorrow. Despite doing a course on Game Development, I now have a module on 'Web Application Development' (Website Design basically) for 3 hours tomorrow (1 hour lecture + 2 hour session) plus 2 hours of 'Software Hardware Optimisation Techniques' which sounds like computer architecture and all of that stuff inside a computer.

What's more amusing is that I received an email stating that I'll be making some mini 3D PC games (think 32-bit-current PC generation era not use glasses to see 3D, then again we do have Occulus Rift) throughout the year in the 'Programming for Games' module. This year will be tough but I hope I can get through all of these challenges well enough to get a good mark at the end of the year, my parents want me to get at least a 2.1 overall result (60%-69%).

Not to mention they decided to add PS3 and PS4 next to two of the room names just to tease us about the PlayStation Dev Kits*.

* In case anyone's wondering, Hallam Uni has a good deal with Sony to allow students to build & program games using PS3 & PS4 consoles (and Vita). It's also the first university in the UK to get an official game on the PlayStation store (PlayStation Vita specifically, forgotten the name of the game though).

Off work this week.

Spent the weekend in Cardiff meeting up with my former flatmates from uni, had a great time but lost my house keys - so annoyed! :(

Had a nice walk round a reservoir today though, and booked some tickets to gigs in December. :)

Recovered from flu. However, the pressure in my head whilst I had it combined with my immune system being otherwise occupied means that I've now got an infection in one of my wisdom teeth. Dentist on Thursday....

Back