The General Conversation Area

Guys, I'm looking to get hold of 3x3 eyes on vhs. I only see two vhs volumes but on the bbfc site it says that there are five parts. Were volumes 3-5 never produced or are they just EXTREMELY rare and oop?

Oh, also good luck with your interview Josh.

Joshawott said:
Thanks. I was randomly called today and asked to come in tomorrow...some notice might have been nice? But eh.
I have had less notice for an interview before. Back at the end of September/start of October I had an agency call me around 9am for a job interview which took place 11.30am on the same day (the email confirming the interview details is timed at 9.48am). Bearing in mind I had a 30-35 minute walk to get there plus I had a lousy cold (I could hardy talk at the time) it is a miracle that I made it in time. The feedback for the inteview said I had done well but I didn't get the job.

Japanese at SOAS is crazy. Totally awesome, but crazy intense. I literally eat sleep and (try to) speak Japanese. The teachers are so sweet though, I almost want to put them in my pocket and take them home with me.

vashdaman said:
Japanese at SOAS is crazy.
Has anyone seen to the samba epidemic in SOAS yet? When my younger sibling attended an open day, barely a minute would pass without a multitude of multi-instrumental minstrels being roused into a rhythmic rumpus. Those queuing for free Hare Krishna meals outside strived to endure.

Been filling out loads of required paperwork for an assessment day/interview that I'm going to on Wednesday. Ugh. In the meantime I got a quick 1-day temporary role helping out at St Helier Hospital today which gives me a nice bit of extra cash. Job hunting is hard going at the moment, whenever things look to be improving on the graduate job front, there's always a new obstacle getting in the way. Ah well, good luck to all my fellow job hunters out there!

frostythebudgie said:
Guys, I'm looking to get hold of 3x3 eyes on vhs. I only see two vhs volumes but on the bbfc site it says that there are five parts. Were volumes 3-5 never produced or are they just EXTREMELY rare and oop?

The UK release of 3-5 does exist, but there was a long gap between the release of the first two and the last three oavs. If they've become rare, it kind of surprises me (3x3 Eyes used to be fairly popular), but I guess because they came later, they probably weren't produced in the same numbers.

Grrr.. Man of Steel still hasn't been in my postbox. It was dispatched last Monday and was estimated to arrive today but they usually arrive days before (The Wolverine arrived a day after it came out). I did select the Free Saver Delivery so that might explain the slight delay for the Xmas season. I did order some more items using First Class Delivery and they've been dispatched for an estimated date of Monday. If Man of Steel doesn't arrive before that date then I am going to be pissed.

EDIT: minutes later, someone brought up the package to the kitchen a few hours ago. The kitchen was closed so I didn't notice it when I walk passed. Literally had a heart attack from being worried about it.

I'll present some pictures in PHOTOS EDITION thread for those who like pictures.

NormanicGrav said:
Grrr.. Man of Steel still hasn't been in my postbox
Such an eventuality could have been prevented by turning the postbox itself into a man of steel.

f0aeb291-178b-442e-a904-5106b7889e6b.JPG

I'm just going to lay it out like this.

20:15 - Me and a friend go to the tram spot in the city centre to go to Cineworld in Valley Centertainment. We needed cash so we had to wait a while.

20:45 - Tram arrives and we get in.

20:55 - We reach Cineworld.

21:00 - We get our tickets and snacks to watch The Counselor, turns out it starts at 21:50 not 21:15. Got my snacks too early...

21:50 - We reach Screen 2 and start to watch the film, I needed another drink but unfortunately the snack bar had closed.

00:00 - We finish the film and get to the tram spot. We missed the trams. Had to walk all the way back to the city centre on foot.

01:00 - We finally get back to the Accommodation, huzzah.

Now I need sleep for a lecture at 10:00.

I needed this relaxing weekend, chaos resumes tomorrow for another 4 days before the army go on leave. Hopefully next week will be quieter with less people around.

Gonna go watch this week's Jonathan Ross show being recorded tonight in Waterloo. Hopefully we'll get a good lineup of guests.

Waiting to hear back from the assessment day/interview for a trainee role I attended last Wednesday. The employer said they'd let me know if I was successful before Christmas.

Office Christmas parties continue to confound me. I err towards accepting that the consumption of alcohol may be pleasant for some, but the searing potency of neat liqueur quaffed from 'shot' glasses can, by looks of it, only be painful.

Kite said:
Need some advice from some techies, does this laptop (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-n ... 4-pdt.html) seem to be a good deal for the machine?
Depends on what you are doing. Some of the bad points are that it has no dedicated Graphics Card (So don't expect to run anything game wise), and it comes with Windows 8 (Which can be easily remedied).
Good points I suppose is that I found the sound quality on my Laptop to be perfectly acceptable, and I prefer the keyboards on their Laptops generally because I don't like the silly cramped ones that HP use for example, but I can't say I have that much love for Toshiba. The one laptop I have ever had is one of theirs, and it's always had overheating issues, the optical drive hardly ever worked and the thing is just falling apart now. Maybe I was just unlucky, but 2-3 years later it's still alive and kicking, albeit quite loud when doing ANYTHING.

Before I built my PC I was considering buying a new laptop and I found myself looking at Medion's stuff on their website. I've no idea what they have product wise now, but back then I could have got a laptop with a 1tb HDD, 1920x1080 Screen and BD Drive for £550-600.

Rambling a bit here, but basically take a good long look around and don't rush into buying the first thing you see as you may regret it. If you want to do anything gaming wise I'd suggest that you look only at Laptops with onboard AMD/Nvidia Graphics too. Remember that it is almost Christmas time too, so if you wait another week or two you may be able to find some good deals. A site like Hotukdeals may be good to keep an eye on too, so you can search to see what deals are going on at the moment and also if there are any voucher codes going.

Will probably get something in the January sales, won't be used for games, the odd video streaming to a TV.

Windows 8 is quite good, when you installed the classic shell to bring back the proper start menu, microsoft are not forcing users to use the metro side of it.

Back