The General Conversation Area

Yesterday I was called into an informal 1-on-1 meeting with my manager, which was actually a 2-on-1 with my manager and the department's de facto 2nd in command. Basically I was told that while I was really good in my first 2 weeks, my work has slowed down and I've lost motivation and I need to work on it.

Except today, I was given a copy of notes typed up from the discussion and had to sign it. That doesn't sound like informal procedure to me.

Also, I was told off about using my phone. I was doing my work, but sending an occasional text to my friend as she was texting me, really upset because she was unwell and her work wouldn't let her leave. I explained this but they still didn't care. Yet other secretaries are allowed to have full, personal phone calls on their desks! What the heck? And they mentioned "internet use"....I was on Sky News ONCE and they already told me about it at the time >>.

A large house spider (either a tegenaria duellica or a tegenaria domestica) has taken what I hope to be a temporary occupancy of a crevice close to my lavatory. Since Sunday night it has been patiently awaiting the passing-by of suitable prey, which, alas, is in short supply in such a location. This misguided resident remains quite obdurate in its current station.

Zin5ki said:
Brandishing a newspaper would be morally insensitive. The animal in question is almost certainly illiterate.

I'm trying to really resist the urge to post something 'Boondocks' related

....think of me what you will, I find the shows' daftness quite hilarious

Good to see the UK finally getting a release of Futurama series 6, it's only been out in America for 18+ months.

Will probably be 2014 before series 7 gets released over here...

Been to the cardiologist on friday and occy health today, back to work next month :) finally back to full pay and the best news is that although i've been off since november they've pinned down exactly whats gone wrong with a nerve in my heart and can sort it.

ordered by 2 doctors to increase my workouts at the gym isnt a bad thing either ^___^

The Deuce!!

Arbles has said on chat he was about to leave for down to London, and it's like the bot's have known to pounce and start spamming phones an shoddy deals

Getting bad these day's that you can't go to your own forum :(

Muse last night were amazing

Just a shame about Dizzie Rascal as the support, what made him think it would be a good idea to play so many new tracks from his new album

So, is anyone besides me having to work today?

Im on an 8-5 shift but at double pay and a day in lieu, I cannot complain! I should not have gone to bed at 11pm though. Makes so much difference when I'm up at 6.15am, so tired compared to a 10pm bedtime when I'm on the 8am shift :p

I have a 4:00-10:30 shift today, not double pay though (only 1.4 times the normal rate). Store shuts at 6 instead of 8 though, so it'll be a bit tiresome spending 4 hours stacking the shelves and tidying up. :?

Oh man I don't think I could ever get used to the shift you have. Especially as you'd of had like all day to enjoy yourself, get nice and comfy etc and then be all like "eugh! gota leave my day of comfort to go to work!" there's no way I could do that. Kudos to you hehe :) and yay that at least it's a pay bump for today, always a good thing!

Yeah, late afternoon starts do tend to loom on the horizon during the day, but I much prefer them to early mornings, which I've done in the past. :lol:

Yeah i used to rate my 8-4 shift. But now I prefer 9-5 but I only get that shift every 3 weeks and whenever someones off its an 8-5 shift. I can never physically make it to the pub to see my friends usually unless on 9-5 as going to bed at midnight and waking 6 hours later just kills me.

38 minutes until I'm free!

iv been in the sticking rain with my 2 morning rounds and in the afternoons with 3 rounds, i used my bike in the morning but decided to walk because the rain got heavy

Back