The General Conversation Area

GRCC said:
Lifted = arrested

This is all getting a bit mad now.

Aye... as they are really raking over very old ground, seems like pretty much any (still living) male TV 'sleb from the 60s or 70s is now fair game.

I was shocked about Rolf though.

-Danielle- said:
How are peoples weeks going?

Pretty good thus far... went traing33king with a bunch of mates on Sunday, turned 45 on Tuesday, went to see Bill Bailey yesterday, going to see Mitch Benn tomorrow and then to the seaside on Sunday. :D

Jet-pack Jack said:
GRCC said:
Lifted = arrested

This is all getting a bit mad now.
How so?

To me the arrests are getting increasingly random. Obviously the police aren't going to go arresting people for this kind of thing unless they're confident in the evidence in front of them. It's almost getting easier to list the famous people who weren't allegedly (and that's the important thing to remember) involved in crimes of this nature. My fear about all this is people and the media convicting these people solely on the basis that they've been arrested. Let's say Rolf's case gets thrown out on the basis that there's no real evidence to back up the claims made against him, he's still likely done as an entertainer because people will say "there's no smoke without fire" or "COVER UP!!!!"

It worries me that certain people are so willing to throw the presumption of innocent until proven otherwise out the window.

I might be getting offered a 1 month's trial for a new job at work with a view of getting it on a full-time basis if it works out.

I haven't been told what it's about (or anything else), as I'm meant to be having a meeting next week.

-------

Another week's worth of bar shifts overtime done, I wouldn't mind but the highest daily takings this week has been £3.80 with it coming slowly down to nothing, it's boring as hell sat behind an empty bar, at least I've got some books to read

The highest daily takings was only £3.80? That's like two drinks' worth in a whole day! Can't be right, else the place would be shutting faster than doors on a Jehovah's witness.

Mutsumi said:
The highest daily takings was only £3.80? That's like two drinks' worth in a whole day! Can't be right, else the place would be shutting faster than doors on a Jehovah's witness../quote]
Not if they have their foot in the door already - If their lord can stand having nails punched through him and strung up on a cross, these tenacious followers wont mind having their foot bruised blue with a slammed door on it. *Whistles and walks off.*

I've had to deal with a nun before. I was working in a charity shop and said nun walked in with what I assumed was one of the local church's parishioners, they had a look around, didn't buy anything, then the nun handed me a copy of what I think was Watchtower magazine and left without saying a word.

So I did the decent thing and read the magazine before I chucked it in the bin.

Spending my Sunday afternoons at Speakers' Corner is a hobby of mine. Thus far I have been handed several evangelical pamphlets, various leaflets containing biblical excerpts and a paperback Qu'ran. Presumably the distributors consider their printing costs a worthy expenditure.

I went to my friend's house today with another friend and we played with her Necomimi cat ears. Their heads were read fairly accurately, while mine...was the complete opposite.

I am immune to the Necomimi mind reading! Bring on the Brain Spawn invasion.

Joshawott said:
I went to my friend's house today with another friend and we played with her Necomimi cat ears. Their heads were read fairly accurately, while mine...was the complete opposite.

I am immune to the Necomimi mind reading! Bring on the Brain Spawn invasion.
I would LOVE to have them, but I have absolutely no idea where I can get any for a good price... Lost my chance with UP1 lol.
Annoying thing is, one of my friends has one from a german place... I think it was an independent seller, so I dont think they do it any more though. :(

Mutsumi said:
The highest daily takings was only £3.80? That's like two drinks' worth in a whole day! Can't be right, else the place would be shutting faster than doors on a Jehovah's witness../quote]]/quote]

It's a mess bar, so the costs of staff are covered by the army regardless how much is sold.

Normally busy, but half of the mess are in Afghan or preparing to deploy, with the other half on exercise

£1.30 for a can of fosters

----

Was there some sort of union march today in London, I saw quite a few people getting on the train carrying "unite" banners and flags

Kite said:
Was there some sort of union march today in London, I saw quite a few people getting on the train carrying "unite" banners and flags
I noticed a chap with an anti-austerity placard and a Guy Fawkes mask on the South Bank this afternoon. He may have been protesting the closure of his skate-board facility.

Spotted something odd this morning. I was looking at DigiGuide and it listed on Sky1 at 21.00 on 18th May that it was showing the film "Cyborg 009". I looked at closer, and it said it starred Jean-Claude Van Damme. Turns out DigiGuide made a mistake and it actually showing a film called "Cyborg".

Mind you, the idea of the Muscles from Brussels in an anime does have a bizarre appeal.

At college my Graded Unit for my art course is to create a journal that reflects a personal journey and I'd been finding it quite hard to really focus and get through it. These past few days however I've been really motivated and I'm pleased with the results ^_^ it just goes to show what you can do when you set your mind to it.

Although, my carpet has suffered a lot from my getting a bit carried away with paint (oops). Hopefully everything will be worth it in the end. Just over a week to go to get it all finished!

After going to the warden with my mate Toby and having a catch up couple of pints i then went to the moat house with my other mate leo, continued to drink in there before heading to my house, more drinks then off to the park pub in town, followed by 2 pitchers in edge (rock night club of sorts) to which my sister called me saying she couldnt close the house door, i call my best friend and asked him to head round the corner to my house and help her out. fast forward 10 minutes and receive a call from my best friends saying my sister was throwing up all over the house. I finish my drink, have to pay fro a taxi to get me and my mate leo home from town (which was £15) get home and basically order my sister to head to bed, put her in the recovery position and now just sat with a drink and wondering how to make her feel so bad tomorrow, so far i have the idea that shell call leo to say sorry for ruining his night, go round to my best friends house tomorrow to personally say sorry about it and then clean the house from top to bottom before our parents arrive home.

Sometimes i cant believe we are related, yes i know that the younger generation has to g out on the town and get drunk, push their limits and learn from mistakes but tonight she ruined 4 peoples evenings, dragged 2 people out of bed and made 2 others return home hours before they intended. Perhaps she's like my cousin, he is so far the only one of our family name who cannot handle his drink and it is regularly pointed out at family gatherings.

I just can't believe how someone could be so dimwitted to cause such a fuss and annoy alot of people. I guess this is the cons of being the oldest brother.

It be the younger generation, they can't just have one or two drinks, they drink to excess.

My brother works in the ambulance service and he dislikes working Friday/Saturday nights as there normally is 1 or 2 drunken related pickups, either way too much or injuries caused by being drunk (falling over/walking into things/attempts to beat up buses etc)

Back