The General Conversation Area

I only discovered the chatroom by accident a few weeks ago when I clicked on the link by mistake at the top :p I think it could be made more visible, though I'm not sure how (maybe a big "CHATROOM" button on the front page?). I've been hanging out there more often though.

20thCenturyBoy said:
My work is just falling apart right now. Came in on Saturday in the middle of my manager getting suspended, she had a meeting today and has been re-suspended so it doesn't look good, and there's apparently another 7 people within the company all going to be up for the same thing including the senior cashier in my shop too. It's just ****, this has all come about from mistakes other people made. If Simone and Ann get sacked then I really don't like the thought of working there without them, I love them to bits and this just isn't right.

My manager got sacked today :( .

Ann's on a final written warning too and she had talked before about just leaving the company regardless what happened so I've no idea what she's going to do.

I don't want to work there much longer, been looking for other jobs anyway, but this just makes me want out there all the quicker. I'm just disgusted with the whole company.

It's all been a knock-on sort of events.

So, about a month ago or so someone from one of the other shops got sacked. She put in an appeal for her sacking and a complaint regarding the area manager. Apparently she and the area manager had had a one night stand at the christmas party last year and she's been constantly at him trying to keep in his good books/get his attention or whatever, he's not been for it and was getting sick of her and essentially looking for a way to get rid of her.

So he pulls her up on the fact she had her boyfriend or whomever in the shop after hours helping her to cash up, she'd had disciplinairies before so was sacked for this. What is assumed to have happened is at her appeal meeting she's complained that she shouldn't be sacked for this as plenty of others have had people in the shops after hours and named names. When a woman (which is what most of the employees are) is working to 10 at night herself in a bookies (high targets for robberies) in a not so great area then it's unsurprising that they'd want someone in there with them to keep them company while they close up, and the area manager knew that quite a few in the company did this. But because he decided to use this as an excuse to get rid of one employee and it's now come to the attention of people higher up than him they're wanting to come down on everyone for it. Simone got suspended for having someone in the shop after hours, when her meeting then happened she was shown a CCTV picture of Ann's husband being in the shop with them when the two were closing up and a suggestion that he may have "touched money". The money was being passed by Ann to James to Simone at the counter, honestly it was wrong to do, but the fact was that nothing happened and that they could check the records for any cash differences, which there weren't. Simone was re-suspended and went into another meeting today, from which she was saying they were messing them around, treating them like **** and honestly looking for anything they possibly could (including mistaking an advertising board for a child and insisting she had allowed a child in the shop). After a few hours of back and forth they eventually decided just to sack her, despite the fact she's never had any previous disciplinairies or anything similar.

She's a good person who really did the most she could for the company, sometimes getting herself extremely worked up and worried over things she shouldn't. I've known her 6 years, I worked with her in my last job and she got me this current one, just recommended me and I got it. It just seems so unfair to have happened to her, a month before Chirstmas and the company her husband works for has been letting people go, seemingly about to go under, so it's just really not fair.

I'm not going to leave without first having another job lined up, Ann on the other hand might just walk, I don't know. There's apparently another 7 or so people going to get pulled up for this too, another one was sacked in another shop. She used to be the Assistant manager in our shop but was a right evil witch and was thankfully moved.

Ath said:
I think it could be made more visible, though I'm not sure how (maybe a big "CHATROOM" button on the front page?).
The button is for those who dare. For those who valiantly pick up the gauntlet. For those who name their time and weapons with stiff nerves and even stiffer upper-lips. There is also a simulated die-rolling system.

You're pissed off with your employer, who are a bookies where you're left to cash up on your own at night?

I think my answer to that problem would involve a couple of briefcases and plane ticket to Rio.

Thanks guys for the well wishes (see previous page for big news). A little update, the little dude is home now and is settled in, the amount of people wanting him for cuddles was more then i thought...

D: I missed BW's news!

Congratulations! Hope everything is going well. :)

Lawrence said:
Oh, just every once in the odd while.
:p I am on board with your avatar, fwiw.

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
So I heard you guys still run an anime forum here.

You're alive! :O
Just about. ^^;

I was pretty crushed by JinTai ending, so I hadn't watched any anime since. Being able to download it in Kindle format from Amazon JP is/was the best news of the year, though!

I also see chaos has broken the 10k posts barrier before me, I really must have been away for a while...

I do have an interest in both the Girls and the Tank, but yes JoJo is one of the big reasons to get back into watching... stuff I guess. Chu-2 looks ace so far from the three or four shows I've started. It does have the feel of a show that I can't decide whether you personally would absolutely love it or be completely down on it, though, I agree.

But JinTai was the stone cold nutter butters. I already feel like saying "they don't make 'em like that any more".

Seems cut and dried to me: Royal Mail are incompetent buffoons who are entirely at fault because a) they provided you with the incorrect information, and b) they sent your package back in line with the new policy before that new policy came into play.

For what it's worth, being as they surely haven't got a leg to stand on anyway, yesterday I received a customs charge notice card and the "21 calendar day" disclaimer is still there.

Are you going to make a formal complaint to Royal Mail? I'd expect some kind of compensation for that, frankly (and I inherently approve of anything which makes those thieves at Royal Mail pay compensation when they screw up).

R

Ey up people, first off a very belated happy bday to Tachi and thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone.

not been exactly active here lately, even though i'm still on auto mod troll forums mode as it's my favorite time of year. As if it's not bad enough working in retail running up to Christmas, i'm now doing it with half our staff leaving our shop floor manager leaving, and no one to replace them till AFTER Christmas, all this while recieving counciling for depression.

Add to that the fact that out of all the new shows in the last 6 months i'm only watching 3 of them it kinda leaves you with little to talk about on a forum, but rest assure, i've not disappeared off the globe and i'm sure i'll be back more powerful than arby can possible imagine after Christmas ;)

Today I saw a wizard, or at least an adequate simulacrum thereof, in Leadenhall Market. One questions whether special dispensation for wizardry would need to be obtained for such an area.

Yesterday while I was in town I bought a Christmas present for a good friend of mine...a good friend who I recently confessed my love to, only to be turned down. I thought I had managed to put that all behind me, but nope...feels have come back. Which is why I've been awake since 11, but it's 2:46 and I haven't left my room.

*reappears from the shadows*

On the note of royal mail and general delivery topics; ive had to wait in the collection office 3 times in the past week and each time it was for something that could have gone through the letterbox but the postman must have weighed up his ability to post them through with 5ml space either side of the package and decided it'd be better for me to come and get it myself.

Spending £300 this weekend just gone on presents for family and a few friends puts me at my halfway marker for presents, with 2 weeks till my next payday (for once the finance department have a great idea where we all get paid at the end of nov then 3 weeks later we get another payment for the whole of dec) so i'll be wrapping presents as and when i can :)

As for me, i've had abit of a strange few months which have now led to possibly being in hospital over xmas but thats not too bad, i'll probably discharge myself on xmas eve anyway. To cut a long story short, i started having migraines once a week, then a day then several a day, the doctor gave me tablets (tramadol) that made me drowsy so i was signed off work, i spoke to my doctor again about the tablets as i wanted to return to work... they gave me something called (IIRC) proplaxanolol which worked for a day before i started actively blacking out, waking up covered in sick and damage to face/head... Which is something i once had when i was a teenager, the last time i was admitted to hospital and they ran all tests but couldn't find the cause so ruled it off as a bug/virus and discharged me... i walked 10 foot from the hospital and collapsed in the middle of a road... i dont trust my local hospital at all, So back to the GP's; They dont know if it was an adverse affect to the tablets or if its something else in my head - hence why i'll be in hospital possibly throughout xmas.

Till then, i've put some nice blue lights in the footwells of my car, tidied up the car and house and generally just clearing up all loose ends that i've left on the back burner too long :)

closing note; women, you are amazing, beautiful things but my god you are a pain in the backside to buy presents for at xmas!

*Drifts back into the shadows*

A new branch to the Overground opened today, creating a new orbital service around town. This proved most useful, as it provided me with convenient access to the Westfield shopping centre. I shall illustrate:

iqe0T.jpg

I didn't need to buy a thing.

Back