The General Conversation Area

Clearer heads and a bit more looking around on dssmove and openrent might have netted me a possible situation (plus the council might be able to help store my stuff if I end up registering as homeless), so I need to do some more research to see if a move from outer London to Liverpool is even possible since I can't actually view any properties even though they're mostly around £90/week for a 1 bed property (which is more then I can get down here for more money) and I can even avoid the stupid benefit cap since the amount of money I'll be getting will be over £50 below the outside of London benefit cap.

Wow, what a cruel twist of fate. I really am caught in an inescapable downward spiral.
Now obviously I'm biased, but I have literally never spoken to one person who thought that this guy was anything other than a total and utter a***hole
Today I found out he's going to be my new boss.

Last Monday I had a job interview and today I found out that I didn't get the position. Eh it's not too bad.

The interview was quite bizarre though because it didn't take into account any of the whole generic questions. They just went through my CV and asked specific questions like my course, my experience with web coding and -this one was probably the deal breaker- why a games student applied for a web job.

Either way it was only 6 months at first so it might have turned out badly on money-wise (especially for rent). Going to expand my job search to Leeds alongside Sheffield as well as perhaps try and look for games-related jobs as well alongside Web & Software Devs.

fMpIq5B.gif
fMpIq5B.gif

The interview was quite bizarre though because it didn't take into account any of the whole generic questions. They just went through my CV and asked specific questions like my course, my experience with web coding and -this one was probably the deal breaker- why a games student applied for a web job.
In my experience, this is entirely normal for programming jobs, so it's worth being able to justify your CV and programming experience in general. The usual filler questions don't really illuminate much we care about in the industry, so we don't usually bother with them. Most candidates will recite memorised and entirely pointless answers to those questions anyway, so they're rendered worthless.

The question about switching from games to web dev will also turn up a lot for you, in my experience – it's worth thinking of a compelling answer as to why you prefer web and keeping it under your hat, in case you get it again.

These pictures aren't mine, as I couldn't go as I had been working nights so I was in bed. I live in Gosport which is right next to Portsmouth over the harbour and this beast arrived at its new home port. (Gosport is on the right of the first picture)

lgyst8H.jpg

cSRY3oJ.jpg

gWodldu.jpg

aXE05h1.jpg

The Anthem of the Heart [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Tatsuyuk Nagai: DVD & Blu-ray
Blu-Ray EUR 18,04
Marketplace prices: 14,65+3€ and up

The Anthem of the Heart: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray
Blu Ray £14.09

Thinks of still 1€=0,86GBP.
Oookaaay..... WTH is this cheaper from Amazon UK to import even with shipping than buying it from Amazon Germany?! (Where I'd even need to add another 11€ to get free shipping.) Wasn't the UK tax even higher than the German one?!

Then looks up currency: 1€=0,91GBP.
... When and why did the GBP drop yet again? oo Something happened with the Brexit, or does that have to do with the same stuff that caused the Dollar to drop against the Euro?

Back