The General Conversation Area

Can you get his Twitter/messenger/whatever young people use these days ID and casually get to know him that way? He might just have difficulty communicating with people in the flesh.

I can understand taking a laptop to the bathroom if you're afraid that the other people might try to use it (however paranoid that sounds) but dang, it's not good for the electronics.

R

I have his mobile number, so I might be able to find him, but it might look a bit stalkerish if I randomly add him.

His room has an individual lock, he could lock it and none of us could get in. (Or at least we couldn't if we didn't know where the master key was kept. But I don't he knows about the master key.)

I had someone like that in both my first and final years of uni, and I suppose in my mind, the unfortunate truth is that it's just something you have to suck up and take as a downside to living in a shared house. While I suppose you could take action ie. giving him a talking to and trying to rectify his ways, or leaving a note/texting him if you can't speak to him directly - part of me thinks the easiest, most harmonious thing is to just ignore it.

That's what I kind of did in that situation anyway - if you come to terms with and accept that it's just a downside, then you can sort of wall off that stuff and its impact becomes less noticeable. I suppose I almost went at it with a 'this is just a challenge to overcome, and people could probably have it a heck of a lot worse' type mentality - as long as you have parts of the house that are 'yours' and you can retreat to when you're stressed or annoyed, then the communal areas are at the end of the day exactly that - communal - and as such are always to be approached with an element of compromise.

The problem I'm having is that other people are starting to blame him for their potentially serious mistakes, and he doesn't even know they're doing it. Somebody left the front door open Friday evening, and I discovered it unlocked at 00.30am. The other housemates are blaming it on him going out for a midnight stroll, but I think that's just a convenient excuse as he never leaves the house.

My concern is that should something major happen, shits going to hit the fan and something's going to happen between him and everybody else, and it will not be good. Also, if you saw the terrified/confused look on his face when he runs into other people, I think you'd feel bad for him too.

I definitely think you need to inform him of these rumours, if you can't speak to him face to face, then perhaps slide a note under his door? Just be careful how you word it.

It's only been a week but I think I am ready to leave my apprenticeship at the call center. I was pretty miserable most of last week and now on Sunday I'm completely dreading going back. I've rang the Cinema I worked at before and asked if I can have my old job back. The head manager who makes those decisions wasn't in but the Manager I spoke to said it was a possibility and they'd get back to me. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Apprentice in a Call Center, is that one way the company can employ people for below min wage and say they are training them up (although it does beat the job "Apprentice Kitchen Porter" I once saw advertised)

Back from Japan, and I'm missing it (not to mention my body is thinking it's 4am), I think the next time I will look into paying extra for a direct flight, or one with a stop-over not in the middle-east (which seems to add a few thousand miles)

Meanwhile, I'm currently sitting at the gate awaiting my own flight to Japan. Heading to Osaka first, then Kyoto and finally Tokyo. Can't wait!

Ath said:
Kite said:
Enjoy it. Who are you flying with?
Asiana Airlines. Just awaiting transfer in Seoul Incheon now. Lovely flight and great food.

Good to hear :)

----------

Current body status - messed up, jet lag has come in to say "hello". However it's got me thinking where to head to next, I don't want to do another long-haul flight for a 2016 holiday, so maybe Ireland/Italy or even Germany.

I won Miss Slinky award at Slimming World tonight. (Not sure if anyone on the forum knows what i look like...so this is me along with Robin who won Mr Sleek)

7ybxidw.jpg

Back