The General Conversation Area

Using Rena from my username I got: By Ufotable, a 22 episode yuri anime about Rena's love life.

Using my first name I got: By Studio Pierrot, a 7 episode super sentai anime about my stalking adventures.

Lol I would watch them

First Name: By AIC, a 200 episode historical anime about my suffering.
First Name & Surname: By Studio Deen, a 13 episode slice-of-life anime about my hallucinations.

Bonus Round - Username: By Toei, a 50 episode harem anime about GolGotha's moe-ness.

VPOsMp4.png

I never asked for this.

Username: By Asread, a 100 episode mystery anime about Phobos's stalking adventures.
Forename only: By Xebec, a 11 episode action anime about my moe-ness.
Forename and surname: By Satelight, a 7 episode BL anime about my harem.
Full name: By Production I.G., a 13 episode romance anime about my moe-ness.

I think I will go with the stalking adventures.

First name: by Satelight, a 50 episode mystery anime about My yandere stalker
First name & surname: by Xebec, a 11 episode harem anime about my private parts

Username: by KyoAni, a 3 episode comedy anime about Gemsy-chan's yaoi collection

So I accidently selected the re-enroll option and being told that I'm returning to Uni this year. *panic ensues*

Basically what happened was I generally check my Uni Emails once every while because something important might crop up, especially since I'm taking a year out. I noticed on my timetable that I have a course added on there which shouldn't be there in the first place (well it should if I was back for 3rd Year), I figured I would check My Student Record and it says I've passed my 2nd Year courses which is good but for some stupid reason I decided to select the re-enroll button.

I've sent an email to the teacher who asked people back in July whether they'll be returning or going a year out about my situation and they've forward my email to the main computing department. Now I have to wait and see if they've sorted it out or are forcing me to return for 3rd Year given I couldn't find a placement. I honestly don't mind returning but I have no student finance support or accommodation which makes it near impossible, not to mention I won't know anyone in my course because everyone I know is on placement or year out (my society friends are in Uni though).

As for job searching, well honestly I gave up. Because the jobs require 'permanent' folks and/or 'graduates' I can't fill the roles for any of the jobs that are available and it really disappoints me. I tried searching for gap year jobs and anything similar but I've had no luck. I feel like I've made a really poor choice on taking a year out now.

Just came home to find my entire kitchen floor covered in water....great, this is just what I need. It seems to be under the flooring and goes into the backdoor landing and way back into the cupboard that's back there too. Ahwel, I can spend my Friday mopping it all up, moving everything out my kitchen and storage cupboard and trying to work out where it's coming from......how fun. :p

Work is POO.

I've been doing two roles on an almost permanent basis since the beginning of August. My Settlement accuracy % has reduced last month for the first time since I've been in this company as result which I flagged on my 121 when I asked to no longer 2 roles as no one else on the team is having to nor did any SSO before me. It's still not happened yet. Next month will be the 3rd 121 where I've expressed I don't want to do 2 roles as I'm not being paid for 2. My last reply to that was well i'm not working a 15 hour day. Great, cause I can fit int into an 8 hour day it's deemed ok...

Anyway, the only other person on the team as strong as me has been applying for external jobs. I'm screwed and permanently on 2 roles if this happens as I doubt Management will pull their finger out as we're still currently down 1 person as it is! I think I may have to quit if they don't let me do just 1 role if this other person leaves.

I've never not had a job since 18 and always had one lined up before quitting so the thought this may not be the case soon, scares me. What if I don't get a job? Would you guys still stay if in my position? Being the lowest paid on the team doing 2 roles; my old one (controller) and my new one (SSO which is more responsibilites for no pay bump as it is)?

Having been in a similar position, I'd say always choose to stay if at all possible. It might suck and be completely draining, but at the end of the day, you're still getting paid,can't you never know if you quit how long you might be out of work for.

It's difficult to look for other jobs while you're in one you don't enjoy as sometimes it can be hard to find the energy - but even so, I'd still say staying is the better option, at least for the time being.

I'd say stay but start looking for other jobs if you're not already. Also, feel free to tell your employer that you're looking. At worst they might start trying to treat you worse or dismiss you but they're already treating you badly and you're already considering quitting. Most employers are smart enough to know they can't really do anything that would affect you in the long run (unless they're happy exposing themselves to the risk of getting a bad reputation and possibly being faced with legal action), so hopefully they'd be more inclined to make an effort to keep you rather than just be vindictive and cost themselves more. People often say that you shouldn't tell your employer but I think there are some circumstances where it's better to, think of it as a negotiating tactic if you like.

It might seem like a nice idea to quit and get extra time to do things but if you're going to be desperately looking for work then there's a good chance you won't really be able to enjoy the time. Not necessarily because you're using the time, more because your mood will probably make the time feel less satisfying since you have other things on your mind.

It does depend though, if you're pretty well set financially and think you'd be okay for a long while if it came down to it then a break might be what you need. You'd really have to assume you'll be out for a long time though, if you're aiming to get right back into work then it's probably not worth it since that'll occupy your thoughts. I guess you basically have to decide how important your job/working is in your life (don't forget to budget though).

Due to roadworks I've temporary shifted my hours of work from 8:30 to 17:00 to 7:30 to 16:00 in an attempt to avoid rush-hour and 20+ minute queues to get pass the roadworks.

Although it has messed up with my sleeping pattern as it means an earlier start in the mornings (and I don't do early starts).

Thanks for the advice Smeelia and Lutga, you were basically saying what my damn common sense was to me. To suck it up the best I can and make the most of having a job lol. I'll keep addressing in 121's wanting to do 1 role as I guess ultimately if this carries on with no change I can potentially always go over my Managers head.

Hoping I get rewarded for this in my end of year appraisal after being called something similar to a saving grace by my Manager and her Manager last month. Shame how they've stopped treating it as my going above and beyond and see it as something normal for me now. I guess if i get shafted on my appraisal I can use that to my advantage saying if I've been doing all this and it's got me nowhere, i'll never be able to score any higher so I'd rather not keep trying and can they give me 1 role please. Hahahaha.

I LOVE the shifts here, that's all that keeps me going. Getting home between 4.15-4.30 every day is brill as I'm exercised and out the shower by 5.30 all the time with the rest of the night to me.

I'm getting a referral bonus of 1k split into 2 £500 payments from next month due to getting the OH a job here. Yay! Of course I'm splitting it down the middle but woooo, tax free, free money! haha.

Kinda random... has anyone found anywhere that sells Naan bread that approaches the quality of the ones they have at an actual restaurant? I've tried loads of places cheap and expensive but none of them have been able to hold a candle to the legit ones?

I have an Indian/Pakistani supermarket kinda near me, so I get them from there when I can. Couldn't tell you what brands they sell, but it might be worth looking to see if there's a similar place near you.

st_owly said:
I have an Indian/Pakistani supermarket kinda near me, so I get them from there when I can. Couldn't tell you what brands they sell, but it might be worth looking to see if there's a similar place near you.

Hmm hadn't thought of that. There's one kinda near me. It's not huge so I don't know if they'll have naan's but I'll take a look next time I go past. Thanks!

Any idea what the weather is like in Japan this time of year? (Mainly the main island where Tokyo sits)

I've tried doing research but keeps throwing up completely different results :(

My blu-ray player that i use for region A blu-rays & region 1/4 dvds has decided to stop working :(. This is the second Phillips BDP3000 that has had this happen, as soon it starts up it freezes and nothing will unfreeze apart from unplugging it. I had to take it apart to get a disc that was stuck in there. Kinda annoying as i've got quite alot of anime region A blu-rays that've yet to watch, especially Hellsing Ultimate which i'm 2 episodes into.

Anyone recommend any blu-ray players that can be locked to region A or made multi region? Ideally with the player still in production in case something goes wrong.

Back