The General Conversation Area

Yeah i'm part of ford ka owners club

http://www.**-oc.com

There should be a fiesta owners club on the web somewhere, but i know alot of the mk5 fiesta workings are compatible with the KA so chances are if you can't find fiesta parts, look at KA's and mondeos for replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tachi said:
I’m hoping to sell my old seats on to another ka owner tomorrow – with abit of luck it’ll be out of my hair and I’ll be £50 better off.
I can readily comprehend having hair in one's seats, but the converse arrangement is conceptually challenging to say the least.

Remember if you make any mods to tell your insurance company.

They will use any excuse to avoid paying out if some idiot decides to crash into you

I have no idea what is happening regarding my position at work, all I know is that I'm moving jobs again (seems that my 3 month secondment has amounted to a summary of "does excellent work, however not enough work around to warrant full-time job") however that secondment still technically has 1 month left to run so if they are going to pull me out earlier I have no idea.

Would be nice to be told something solid before I go on holiday next week.

(And I've managed to get a £8 a month saving from my broadband for the next 2 years, fixed price of £9.99 for unlimited, dropping from £17.99 for 60GB. If only getting something out of Sky was easier)

Royal Fail fails again! Today I finally got the ransom note for my Madoka blu-ray set - except it was dated 2nd August.

Needless to say, me and my Mum are not too happy at all.

Mine came by Parcel Force. Took an age though (I was tracking it).

I took delivery of the box this morning but didn't have time to open it ;_;

R

Rui said:
Mine came by Parcel Force. Took an age though (I was tracking it).

I took delivery of the box this morning but didn't have time to open it ;_;

R
So maybe someone at the national/regional sorting office was a very, very lazy person?

Josh, i didnt know you now worked for Parcel force ;)

Jokes aside, i went to see the new wolverine movie lastnight with the other half, not a bad film - just highly predictable.

Hospital appointment tomorrow, hard to think this monitor has been with me a month now - with abit of luck i can leave the hospital and get my alloys balanced and new tyres on them, spray up my calipers red, swap my door cards over to my new leathers and then wash wax and polish the car completely.

If I worked at anywhere involved with the Royal Mail, you can expect there to be some skulls cracked from me smashing heads together xD.

And some fierce elbows to the face for the postmen who just chuck peoples anime packages around as if it was a clump of tumbleweed!

teonzo said:
Italians do it better
On such a subject, I walked past the Italian-owned fish and chip shop in Clerkenwell today, and the scent pleasantly reminded me of the battered morsels of my provincial northern upbringing. (Perhaps the proprietors know the secret about how to fry the fish.) The same cannot be said of other such establishments around the city.

The Royal Fail can go stick a firework up their asses.

Mum arrived at the depot 5 minutes before closing, where she was informed that the safes and everything had already been locked, so Mum would be able to pay (???) but not receive the item until tomorrow. Mum queried about whether they have an internal phone and can just get someone to open it up, which they refused to do. When asked about the 6 day delay, the depot manager tried to pass blame onto my local post office, which is rubbish as whenever something has a charge, the depot holds it and sends me a letter. When Mum mentioned it, they tried to move the blame to RightStuf for not paying the VAT in advance.

So needless to say, I'll have to pick it up tomorrow and I'm writing out one hell of a complaint.

And you will get a book of stamps to say sorry.

I'm lucky with the sorting office as it's open late (8am to 6pm, 8am to 2pm on saturdays). People are work have to visit a sorting office which is only open 9am to 1pm Mondays to Fridays

Zin5ki said:
Joshawott said:
The Royal Fail can go stick a firework up their asses.
A single firework? They would presumably have to devise a time-sharing arrangement amongst themselves.
Well, as they shown today, they're not very good at time management. Their fault, not mine.

I'm meant to be getting a phone call from 'sky' (0800512592) any time now.

50p on it being the typical sky insurance 'scam' (those polices have more holes in than a lump of Swiss cheese), 50p on it being actually from sky answering my complaint of being cut-off after being put on hold yesterday.

I shall wait until half-five before buggering off to the swimming pool.

And that phone-call never came, my bet was the insurance scam

--------

Has anybody had any experience with freesat or Roku?

Several tonnes of sand were laid in Covent Garden today, in order to exhibit a public "beach rugby" tournament. Aside the quirks of the sport's regulations, it was somewhat telling that seemingly all participating teams were named after law firms or large corporations.

On a separate, but equally enthralling note, one of the urinals in my college library has been fitted with a special rubber mat in its basin. Upon being 'activated', it emits a synthetic cinnamon scent.

Back