The General Conversation Area

iisan said:
We'll have to agree to disagree there, I love this Rise song.
I'm really not seeing it yet, the episodes leave me pretty cold still.

Ditto for the openings, as I really prefer Rise as well. But I favour the ending of the first series, specially after having a Bakcstreet boys vibe from the rest of that living inside the shell song.

Tachi- said:
I guess what you need to remember is...its a very scriptual orientated anime. much like deathnote. the intelligence in parts is comparible to deathnote, however GITS holds a different stance on complex storywork.

The second Gig is less dark in my opinion. batuo seems more of a merc thug in my opinion of the first season. but in the second gig he retains his bruteness without overdoing it.
my favourite character is and will remain, Saito. mainly for my love of sniper rifles and the ep where it highlights saito's and batou's glory days was very enjoyable :)

I'd recommend all three films are watched in the correct order for full understanding.

1st gig
GITS movie 1
2n'd gig
GITS movie: innocence
GITS Movie: SSS

You do remember that Ghost In The Shell Movie 1 and Ghost in the Shell: Innocence are set in completely different times to the series, right? :lol:

The best way to watch is to keep SAC running smoothly imho. So;

GIG1
GIG2
Solid State Society

Watch the movies whenever the hell you have a couple'a hours free :p

Also Tachi-, I totally agree about Saito. He's just badass with that sniper rifle, aint he?

I loved it when he took down the helicopter 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tachi- said:
damn you spyro...i was onto a good thing...felt like a proper reviewer :p
and yes...i was blagging lol

Saito ftw indeed :)

LOL!

Maaaan, my GITS fanboyism means I know this stuff y'see ;) :p

I do love Saito, but in my heart, Motoko beats him :p

Just look at her outfit in the First Gig :p

Her outfit really bugs me, it's just like Faye with Cowboy Bebop. I spent the entire series waiting for her to pull that damn jacket over her shoulders, and with Motoko I'm constantly waiting for her to put on some damn pants! When she actually wears pants her character design is pretty cool though.

iisan said:
Her outfit really bugs me, it's just like Faye with Cowboy Bebop. I spent the entire series waiting for her to pull that damn jacket over her shoulders, and with Motoko I'm constantly waiting for her to put on some damn pants! When she actually wears pants her character design is pretty cool though.

You'll love the shower seen in the 2nd Gig then XD

Naw- for the whole she wears more in the second gig.

Voddas said:
Anyone seen GTO? I'm watching it right now. Enjoying the series but I'm going to assume the mangs is better. Or is it like Monster and the series is scene for scene compared to the manga?
I've seen the series and read the manga. It's awesome. Laughing out loud for days material.
I still have to check the live action, as I've heard it's good as well.

For some reason or another, this is a series that I keep wanting to buy, but never do.

The anime was toned down from the manga and they have different endings. It follows the manga up to half of it and start differing a lot afterwards, as the manga gets a bit darker.

You should read the manga when you have the time. It's very funny.

Thanks for that Chaos. I will take a look. :)

I know what you mean on the laugh out loud statment. I keep my misses awake sometimes. :p

EDIT/ :lol: @iisan

WAIT! iisan... ....ethan *facepalm*

:lol:

Well...i've kicked the **** out of work today :twisted: muhahahaha

everyones grovelling at my feet...i love it.
well, thats what happens when you lie and bitch....you get burnt :p

have to go now....Lads night is calling :D

*grabs jacket and bag and heads for the door*

Morning....

Great night lastnight :p

about 7.30ish walked round to my mates...then there where three of us round there...walking upto the pub ali turned up and actually at the pub leo finally appeared. went in and collectivley spent £50. then about 9ish we walked down the road to the co-op and bought a few drinks and went back to my mates. joked and laughed at a few things. went through a "would you?" in a zoo mag lol.

then went home about 11.30 and stayed up talking to kayls till about 2 :D

Back